Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
ChristianKustomz
Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 475
Member Number: 24383
Thanks: 5
Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Default Just Say No To Wallace

Ok as many have greatly expressed their opinion about Mike Wallace (myself included) has anyone else noticed that every time (99%) when the ball gets thrown to him he puts us in trouble? Yesterday causing us the game. The week before that a touchdown and the week before that game up a scoring drive and then allowed a TD for the opposing team? Dropped passes, wrong routes, poor positioning, interceptions and lets not forget fumbles and turnovers from this man alone. Don't get me started on Brown...Maybe it's me but Big Ben seems to overlook obvious players for short gains on slant passes or players that are wide open in the running field. But why oh why does he throw the ball to unproven players like Mike Wallace and not other players....let me rephrase (after yesterday's game); our players?

It seems as though BB has his 2 or 3 favorite players and will throw only to them.

Well yesterday proves my theory. Another attempt to Wallace and the Wallace curse bites us again.

ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
Ok as many have greatly expressed their opinion about Mike Wallace (myself included) has anyone else noticed that every time (99%) when the ball gets thrown to him he puts us in trouble? Yesterday causing us the game. The week before that a touchdown and the week before that game up a scoring drive and then allowed a TD for the opposing team? Dropped passes, wrong routes, poor positioning, interceptions and lets not forget fumbles and turnovers from this man alone. Don't get me started on Brown...Maybe it's me but Big Ben seems to overlook obvious players for short gains on slant passes or players that are wide open in the running field. But why oh why does he throw the ball to unproven players like Mike Wallace and not other players....let me rephrase (after yesterday's game); our players?

It seems as though BB has his 2 or 3 favorite players and will throw only to them.

Well yesterday proves my theory. Another attempt to Wallace and the Wallace curse bites us again.

Wallace is unproven? Having a bad season, like Brown and Sanders, but unproven? When he does hang on to the ball, he shows why he is a great receiver.

But hey, lets get more of Lenard Pope out there.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,479
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,242
Thanked 3,939 Times in 1,908 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Wallace is unproven? Having a bad season, like Brown and Sanders, but unproven? When he does hang on to the ball, he shows why he is a great receiver.

But hey, lets get more of Lenard Pope out there.
Honestly, I just think all of Ben's weapons have lost faith, and the turnover issues are compounded because every time it happens, it messes with their minds a little. Heath is the only option I trust right now. Every other one has some head-issues to deal with. The more it happens, the more it happens - know what I mean?
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 4,460
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 103
Thanked 244 Times in 167 Posts
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

There's still alot of good in Wallace - but almost without question, he'll be gone next year.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,637
Member Number: 11678
Thanks: 56
Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

For all you Brown lovers he is no better, and Sanders is better when he is injured.

I'll take Wallace but with a better attitude.

If these dumbasses are talking to Mendy about a contract, than there is no way in hell we let wallace walk.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
For all you Brown lovers he is no better, and Sanders is better when he is injured.

I'll take Wallace but with a better attitude.

If these dumbasses are talking to Mendy about a contract, than there is no way in hell we let wallace walk.
So the Steelers are breaking their long-standing tradition of not negotiating contracts during the season to try and keep an underachieving RB?

Does Mendenhall even want to come back to this team?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,479
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,242
Thanked 3,939 Times in 1,908 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
So the Steelers are breaking their long-standing tradition of not negotiating contracts during the season to try and keep an underachieving RB?

Does Mendenhall even want to come back to this team?
Benchedhard Spinthenfall will either be playing with the Cardinals, Colts, or will be the only cult member to drink the dixie cup. Such the "philosophizer"
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
lipps83
Assistant Coach
 
lipps83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,186
Member Number: 17725
Thanks: 150
Thanked 397 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

I would be okay with it if Wallace were to resign a contract similar to Brown's but I don't think he will. I don't think he is worth any more than that, especially when his speed starts to fade he has nothing else to his game.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
Steel Peon
Starter
 
Steel Peon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 452
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17520
Thanks: 389
Thanked 201 Times in 96 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
Ok as many have greatly expressed their opinion about Mike Wallace (myself included) has anyone else noticed that every time (99%) when the ball gets thrown to him he puts us in trouble?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
He's certainly not to blame for every bad thing all season, but having Mike Wallace around this year has been more trouble than it was worth. It'll be interesting to see how much better the team does without him next year. And yes, I'm talking about next year, because this season's been over for a while, and we're just going through the motions of wrapping it up.
The man has been poison to us ever since last season ended, and is now an embarrasment, to not only the Steelers, but also to the entire league.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,479
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,242
Thanked 3,939 Times in 1,908 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

but he caught his 3rd or 4th long bomb of the year! Forget everything else!

I've posted this number before: 3 years, 16.5 million with 9 mil guaranteed up front. That is fair to keep him IMO.
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts