Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,768 Times in 2,249 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: 2011 Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Did you see the team walk to the other end of the field at the end of the first quarter? Completely dead and emotionless. There was a sideline shot of the OL early in the game, too - dead, blank stares and no coaches in sight.
I did in fact - I'm pissed at a lot of the players, and even more pissed that no one, including Ben - has stepped up to take control of the unraveling. You can't force players to want it more - but the lack of determination WITH the attitude (Ben's bitching about the play calling again) is awful. Mendenhall and Wallace's attitude have crept into a lot of other players IMO. The injuries and turnovers have only compounded the disease.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

in fact, the Giants and the Steelers DO have a lot in common.

They both waltz onto the field on many Sunday's, especially games they're heavy favorites in, and just expect the other team to lay down and give them the win. They barely even try, let alone bring any passion to these games.
And both teams are getting a serious wake-up call that other teams not only don't respect them, but they're physically kicking their ass from one side of the field to the other.
This was also discussed this morning on one of the ESPN shows and i completely concur.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,768 Times in 2,249 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
in fact, the Giants and the Steelers DO have a lot in common.

They both waltz onto the field on many Sunday's, especially games they're heavy favorites in, and just expect the other team to lay down and give them the win. They barely even try, let alone bring any passion to these games.
And both teams are getting a serious wake-up call that other teams not only don't respect them, but they're physically kicking their ass from one side of the field to the other.
This was also discussed this morning on one of the ESPN shows and i completely concur.
TRH - I agree. Is it really a surprise that the Giants and the Steelers are filled with 1-2x winning SB players and they just might be complacent? The teams that haven't won it yet are proving to be hungrier. The Broncos and the Falcons are two teams that exude: "We're taking it and we're going to do whatever it means to accomplish it - you're not going to out prepare us, and you're not going to stop us"

Keisel said it best. A lot them have pinpointed this issue. You just can't say we're the Steelers and because of that we'll win. They have to carry the torch of what those SB teams did and how they prepared and how they focused, and how they took each and every game as the last stand. I'm gonna sound like a cheesy 80s inspirational song, but you can't reclaim the glory while riding on the past.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote