Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
Cherinko
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 78
Member Number: 5744
Thanks: 5
Thanked 37 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

It's not like the ball deflected off of Wallace or something. Ben hit the DB in the hands with the ball. Don't see how you can put any of that on Wallace.
Cherinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #22
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,578
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,526
Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,982 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Loose Change - I like it. How about Mo Money Mo Problems or - Fat Money. They look 0.7 lbs heavier than last season
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,679
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,850
Thanked 10,335 Times in 4,366 Posts
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Loose Change - I like it. How about Mo Money Mo Problems or - Fat Money. They look 0.7 lbs heavier than last season
They're boarding on obese.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #24
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,282
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 94
Thanked 429 Times in 226 Posts
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

I love how some of you blame Wallace for this. Ben thru that ball into Carr's waiting hands. He was running towards Ben annd Wallace was running away from Ben. I know a lot of you like to blame everything on Wallace since his contract is almost up but he is our best WR. He is leading our team in yards and touchdowns and that is usually what a teams best WR does. Calvin Johnson has more drops this year then Wallace and so does Victor Cruz so do they suck as well?
__________________
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #25
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 192
Member Number: 24438
Thanks: 6
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Ben didn't throw the ball hard enough, so it hung up more than it should have. However Wallace just stood there and watched Carr make a diving catch and run 36 yards down to the 1 yard line. If he touches Carr down, who is lying at his feet, the Cowboys have the ball at the 37 yd line. Would they score from there? Probably, but if the defense holds them there, they have to try a 50 plus yard FG.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,578
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,526
Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,982 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
I love how some of you blame Wallace for this. Ben thru that ball into Carr's waiting hands. He was running towards Ben annd Wallace was running away from Ben. I know a lot of you like to blame everything on Wallace since his contract is almost up but he is our best WR. He is leading our team in yards and touchdowns and that is usually what a teams best WR does. Calvin Johnson has more drops this year then Wallace and so does Victor Cruz so do they suck as well?
i hear what you're saying - I think this point just reemphasizes the idea that the quality of the NFL is going downhill
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #27
ChristianKustomz
Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 475
Member Number: 24383
Thanks: 5
Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinko View Post
It's not like the ball deflected off of Wallace or something. Ben hit the DB in the hands with the ball. Don't see how you can put any of that on Wallace.
Easily...he once again did not run his route correctly and just stood there looking at the ball like a deer looking at headlights instead of going to the ball. It's ridiculous! He shows no effort ir hunger fir the game. He just expects the ball to mysteriously end up in his hands without trying.

I too miss Hines Ward. I started a thread in the past about asking Mr. Ward to please come back out of retirement. We still need him.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #28
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
steelax04's Avatar
 
HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,486
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12182
Thanks: 385
Thanked 748 Times in 340 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
Easily...he once again did not run his route correctly and just stood there looking at the ball like a deer looking at headlights instead of going to the ball. It's ridiculous! He shows no effort ir hunger fir the game. He just expects the ball to mysteriously end up in his hands without trying.

I too miss Hines Ward. I started a thread in the past about asking Mr. Ward to please come back out of retirement. We still need him.
It was a terribly thrown ball. Well behind Wallace. If anything, Wallace running a poor route helped make it a close pass. If he runs a sharp route, he's even closer to the sideline than he was and the ball is even further behind him. If Ben throws a good pass, it ends up hitting Wallace in the ankles because he rounded his route.

As for going after Carr, it would have been extremely close to getting him down by contact, but I agree that there was no effort on Wallace's part.

And if we're hanging our hopes on Ward coming out of retirement, we're in more trouble than we all think.
__________________
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #29
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 192
Member Number: 24438
Thanks: 6
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
i hear what you're saying - I think this point just reemphasizes the idea that the quality of the NFL is going downhill
The ability to catch the football is becoming a lost art in the NFL. Too many teams are looking for track stars instead of steady, reliable WR's. I'm in my 50's, so I distinctly recall the Super Bowl teams of the 70's. If Swann or Stallworth dropped a pass (which happened maybe once a year) the crowd would gasp in shock and disbelief of what they just saw. Now if you see one of our WR's running open and the balling sailing towards them, there is maybe a 50-50 chance they'll catch it.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #30
The_Joker
Team Owner
 
The_Joker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,781
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24540
Thanks: 2,938
Thanked 1,446 Times in 756 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

We need to A keep Wallace, B get a solid WR in the FA or C draft a WR.

Can't let Wallace walk AND not replace him with solid hands.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts