Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
Cherinko
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5744
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

It's not like the ball deflected off of Wallace or something. Ben hit the DB in the hands with the ball. Don't see how you can put any of that on Wallace.
Cherinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #22
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,982 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Loose Change - I like it. How about Mo Money Mo Problems or - Fat Money. They look 0.7 lbs heavier than last season

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,335 Times in 4,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Loose Change - I like it. How about Mo Money Mo Problems or - Fat Money. They look 0.7 lbs heavier than last season
They're boarding on obese.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #24
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

I love how some of you blame Wallace for this. Ben thru that ball into Carr's waiting hands. He was running towards Ben annd Wallace was running away from Ben. I know a lot of you like to blame everything on Wallace since his contract is almost up but he is our best WR. He is leading our team in yards and touchdowns and that is usually what a teams best WR does. Calvin Johnson has more drops this year then Wallace and so does Victor Cruz so do they suck as well?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #25
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

Ben didn't throw the ball hard enough, so it hung up more than it should have. However Wallace just stood there and watched Carr make a diving catch and run 36 yards down to the 1 yard line. If he touches Carr down, who is lying at his feet, the Cowboys have the ball at the 37 yd line. Would they score from there? Probably, but if the defense holds them there, they have to try a 50 plus yard FG.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,982 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
I love how some of you blame Wallace for this. Ben thru that ball into Carr's waiting hands. He was running towards Ben annd Wallace was running away from Ben. I know a lot of you like to blame everything on Wallace since his contract is almost up but he is our best WR. He is leading our team in yards and touchdowns and that is usually what a teams best WR does. Calvin Johnson has more drops this year then Wallace and so does Victor Cruz so do they suck as well?
i hear what you're saying - I think this point just reemphasizes the idea that the quality of the NFL is going downhill

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #27
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinko View Post
It's not like the ball deflected off of Wallace or something. Ben hit the DB in the hands with the ball. Don't see how you can put any of that on Wallace.
Easily...he once again did not run his route correctly and just stood there looking at the ball like a deer looking at headlights instead of going to the ball. It's ridiculous! He shows no effort ir hunger fir the game. He just expects the ball to mysteriously end up in his hands without trying.

I too miss Hines Ward. I started a thread in the past about asking Mr. Ward to please come back out of retirement. We still need him.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #28
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
Easily...he once again did not run his route correctly and just stood there looking at the ball like a deer looking at headlights instead of going to the ball. It's ridiculous! He shows no effort ir hunger fir the game. He just expects the ball to mysteriously end up in his hands without trying.

I too miss Hines Ward. I started a thread in the past about asking Mr. Ward to please come back out of retirement. We still need him.
It was a terribly thrown ball. Well behind Wallace. If anything, Wallace running a poor route helped make it a close pass. If he runs a sharp route, he's even closer to the sideline than he was and the ball is even further behind him. If Ben throws a good pass, it ends up hitting Wallace in the ankles because he rounded his route.

As for going after Carr, it would have been extremely close to getting him down by contact, but I agree that there was no effort on Wallace's part.

And if we're hanging our hopes on Ward coming out of retirement, we're in more trouble than we all think.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #29
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
i hear what you're saying - I think this point just reemphasizes the idea that the quality of the NFL is going downhill
The ability to catch the football is becoming a lost art in the NFL. Too many teams are looking for track stars instead of steady, reliable WR's. I'm in my 50's, so I distinctly recall the Super Bowl teams of the 70's. If Swann or Stallworth dropped a pass (which happened maybe once a year) the crowd would gasp in shock and disbelief of what they just saw. Now if you see one of our WR's running open and the balling sailing towards them, there is maybe a 50-50 chance they'll catch it.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #30
The_Joker
Team Owner

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,446 Times in 756 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

We need to A keep Wallace, B get a solid WR in the FA or C draft a WR.

Can't let Wallace walk AND not replace him with solid hands.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote