Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #21
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Dont give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Are the Steelers mathematically eliminated? No.

Is BB still a Steeler? Yes.

Then, the Steelers still have a legitimate shot at winning the SuperBowl.

I do not care about the defense or the running backs or anything else. Look at the last ten SuperBowls... all of them had elite QBs. That si the MAIN ingredient for winning a Lombardi.

2003 Brady
2004 Brady
2005 Big Ben
2006 Peyton
2007 Eli
2008 Big Ben
2009 Brees
2010 Rodgers
2011 Eli
2012 some elite QB
True true, that's why the Seahawks, Falcons, Texans, Colts, Redskins, Bears, Vikings, 49ers and Bengals won't win it in my opinion. QB's are too young or not at that level.

I think the Lombardi will be hoisted by the Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Packers or Giants.

Joe Flacco is not elite by the way, he has the team around him though. Same with maybe Kaep.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #22
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 20509

If the Ravens get healthy that is, but I really don't see them going anywhere with their offense.

Only thing I'm worried about right now is the next game, I wish we could be comfortable with a playoff spot.

I hope AB rebounds and has a mega game.

"Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #23
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
If the Ravens get healthy that is, but I really don't see them going anywhere with their offense.

Only thing I'm worried about right now is the next game, I wish we could be comfortable with a playoff spot.

I hope AB rebounds and has a mega game.
As do I

We beat them in Cincy, how in gods name do you guys guarantee we will lose in the Burgh!?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #24
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 20509

It sucks it has to come down to the Browns/Bengals, the former worries me just a bit more.

BB should have shaken off the remaining rust for the next game. Folks that were critical of his "underthrows" should be a nonfactor coming into the next game.

Let's hope Wallace keeps doing what he is doing. And maybe a few touches by Mendy, but we need to change our playcalling on our run game. Up the middle for a yard isn't doing much.

Secondary is also worrisome.

I'm not sure if I have the stomach to watch the next game to be honest. I could hardly do it last 4th quarter and OT.

"Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #25
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

When we lost to the Browns, we committed 8 turnovers, 3 of them pop up interceptions thrown by Charlie Batch. We never drove past their 35 yd. line, our only scores coming on Timmon's pick six and a PI call for Plex. Yet the game was in doubt until the final seconds because the Browns are that bad. After Timmon's TD, if we would have punted on first down the rest of the game, we would have won.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #26
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,743 Times in 4,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 View Post
When we lost to the Browns, we committed 8 turnovers, 3 of them pop up interceptions thrown by Charlie Batch. We never drove past their 35 yd. line, our only scores coming on Timmon's pick six and a PI call for Plex. Yet the game was in doubt until the final seconds because the Browns are that bad. After Timmon's TD, if we would have punted on first down the rest of the game, we would have won.
in other words, the Browns forced 8 turnovers, because they are a good defense
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #27
Drizztbob
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4294
My Mood: Brooding

We match up better with the Browns because their strength is in their running game with Trent where our strength is in our run stopping defense and ability to "usually" put points on the board. I am more worried about the Bengals and the AJ Green connection. This kid is amazing and without Ike manning up on him, we could see more 5-10 yard soft coverage giving up the underneath and it will become first down, first down, first down, score...