Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #41
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,774 Times in 4,299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Ravens will lose 2 of the next 3 and limp in at 10-6

i82much, I think those days of real football are coming to an end.

These players are too fast and big, the field's are in too perfect condition, the training to good. Unfortunately the days of smash mouth football are going away.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #42
terpsnation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24505

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post

These players are too fast and big, the field's are in too perfect condition, the training to good. Unfortunately the days of smash mouth football are going away.
Can we blame the fact that both of our teams suck this year on that?

Please.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #43
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
Can we blame the fact that both of our teams suck this year on that?

Please.
I'm not sure what you mean by that
Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #44
terpsnation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24505

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by that
When we're both sitting around in Jan and Feb, watching other teams playing in the playoffs, you'll know what I mean.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #45
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:

I think you're right, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to a bunch of crap about how great Brady is when he is a big part of why football isn't what it used to be. Can you imagine, "The Bradshaw Rule" or "The Unitas Rule" because Terry or John got hurted by a big bad defensive player???!!!
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #46
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
When we're both sitting around in Jan and Feb, watching other teams playing in the playoffs, you'll know what I mean.
or you could clarify what you meant now and we could have a reasonable discussion
Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #47
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
I'm saying they should play tackle instead of touch.

Look - if you're a real football fan, the old Steelers, Raiders, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, the 80's Bears, all of that stuff. The way to beat a team was to beat them up. Unitas used to drag his bloody ass all over the field figuring a way to will his team to victory. Bradshaw or Big Ben vs. Brady back in the 50's, 60's, 70's? Come on. Give me the Steelers QB any day out of those guys. And that is coming from a guy that HATES THE FRICKING STEELERS.

Now the NFL realizes hey, certain extra-special QB's are worth more money than all of that defense, all that guts, all that toughness combined. So they make up a bunch of rules to protect your little prima donna QB. But deep down, you know damn well Tom Brady wouldn't be the toughest guy in your local bowling league, much less belong on a football field with the likes of James Harrison or Terrell Suggs.

And you know what else? If you are Steelers fan, a Ravens fan, just a fan of real, old-fashioned smash-mouth football, it's enough to make you sick. We're not bitter over the games you've won, we're bitter over the league kowtowing to your little candy ass QB.
You're such a damn hypocrite. You claim to respect football and than you disrespect Tom Brady.

Here's a history lesson.

Peyton Manning was drafted #1, treated like football royalty his entire life, entered the NFL with rose peddles and a red carpet, went to a dome team, got moved to an all expansion division, had the full weight of the NFL propaganda machine to build him a legacy that isn't even real..... bombs in the post season every single year.

Tom Brady was over looked, drafted in the 6th round, had to work his ass off, now has three Superbowl rings, has shattered almost every PERFORMANCE-based Quarterback record in the league (not the kind you get from just lingering around for 20 seasons), is in the hunt each and every season, even with incredibly flawed teams, and plays with a greater passion than probably anyone else I can think of in the National Football League.

And you do nothing but disrespect this man with the most outrageous slanders imaginable, photo shopping him in skirts, lying about his attitude, inventing things that aren't real, diminish his accomplishments with ridiculous allegations, and then lecture me on how much you respect football. What a joke.

So while Brady takes all his defeats as a team, and accepts all his victories as one, as well (even when he is essentially single-handedly responsible), you despise him for it.

When his fire for winning is on display on the field, you call it a tantrum.

If he loses by one touchdown, he choked. If he wins by six touchdowns, he was padding his stats.

If he comes up short in the Superbowl because he only had 57 seconds, 90 yards to cover, and no time outs, he's not clutch.

If he takes brutal sack after brutal sack after brutal sack and still leads the Patriots to victory in a frigid December snow-storm, he's a "candy ass" because three seasons before you saw him call for a flag.

Meanwhile, Peyton Manning can whine, pout, throw his own team mates under the bus at press conferences, choke constantly in the post season, get his one SB ring gift wrapped by NFL officials with a 3/7 TD/INT play off ratio, play in a dome against expansion teams, and he's the greatest ever according to all the same people.

I'm honestly so sick of it.

I watch every Patriots game. Every single one. I see Brady call for maybe 1 or two flags a season. There's nothing unique to him about it.

There's a reason that every time Ray Lewis comes to Gillette stadium he's on the sidelines yelling ""We playing chess tonight, fellas! We ain't playin' checkers! We playin' Tom Brady tonight!"

Speaking of Ray Lewis, let him drop some knowledge on you since you're just a blind hater in dire need of a Brady education.

[YOUTUBE]gae5luwzfOg[/YOUTUBE]

The NFL rules are as they are because it would be absolutely retarded to allow no name third stringers to injure or end the career of first ballot Hall of Famers.
You think Brady gets too many calls, or calls other quarterbacks wouldn't get?
Too bad. He's earned that luxary. Let me repeat that: He's EARNED that Luxary.

I'm against a lot of things the NFL has done. Rodney Harrison is one of my favorite Patriots of all time and that man wouldn't even be able to exist in today's NFL.
But Quarterbacks, who hold the ball every play and have 4 or 5 or 6 massive roided out crazies coming after them every play can't be permitted to drop out of the league like flies.

And to act like Brady is personally responsible for these rule changes is just incredible.

[YOUTUBE]hodTuRT3KOI&[/YOUTUBE]

If you were the football fan you claim to be you would respect this man.

You don't see me photo shopping Ray Lewis in a skirt or at a murder scene, or Polamalu with bows in his hair.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #48
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

[YOUTUBE]o2xAx1KU7iA[/YOUTUBE]

Just unbelievable. Those highlights are off the chain. Throwing out blocks to save players, hitting receivers from the sitting position after tripping, dodging rushers and having the presence of mind to see a receiver deep while getting swarmed by linebackers.

But haters are gonna' hate.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #49
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
You're such a damn hypocrite. You claim to respect football and than you disrespect Tom Brady.

Here's a history lesson.

Peyton Manning was drafted #1, treated like football royalty his entire life, entered the NFL with rose peddles and a red carpet, went to a dome team, got moved to an all expansion division, had the full weight of the NFL propaganda machine to build him a legacy that isn't even real..... bombs in the post season every single year.

Tom Brady was over looked, drafted in the 6th round, had to work his ass off, now has three Superbowl rings, has shattered almost every PERFORMANCE-based Quarterback record in the league (not the kind you get from just lingering around for 20 seasons), is in the hunt each and every season, even with incredibly flawed teams, and plays with a greater passion than probably anyone else I can think of in the National Football League.

And you do nothing but disrespect this man with the most outrageous slanders imaginable, photo shopping him in skirts, lying about his attitude, inventing things that aren't real, diminish his accomplishments with ridiculous allegations, and then lecture me on how much you respect football. What a joke.

So while Brady takes all his defeats as a team, and accepts all his victories as one, as well (even when he is essentially single-handedly responsible), you despise him for it.

When his fire for winning is on display on the field, you call it a tantrum.

If he loses by one touchdown, he choked. If he wins by six touchdowns, he was padding his stats.

If he comes up short in the Superbowl because he only had 57 seconds, 90 yards to cover, and no time outs, he's not clutch.

If he takes brutal sack after brutal sack after brutal sack and still leads the Patriots to victory in a frigid December snow-storm, he's a "candy ass" because three seasons before you saw him call for a flag.

Meanwhile, Peyton Manning can whine, pout, throw his own team mates under the bus at press conferences, choke constantly in the post season, get his one SB ring gift wrapped by NFL officials with a 3/7 TD/INT play off ratio, play in a dome against expansion teams, and he's the greatest ever according to all the same people.

I'm honestly so sick of it.

I watch every Patriots game. Every single one. I see Brady call for maybe 1 or two flags a season. There's nothing unique to him about it.

There's a reason that every time Ray Lewis comes to Gillette stadium he's on the sidelines yelling ""We playing chess tonight, fellas! We ain't playin' checkers! We playin' Tom Brady tonight!"

Speaking of Ray Lewis, let him drop some knowledge on you since you're just a blind hater in dire need of a Brady education.

[YOUTUBE]gae5luwzfOg[/YOUTUBE]

The NFL rules are as they are because it would be absolutely retarded to allow no name third stringers to injure or end the career of first ballot Hall of Famers.
You think Brady gets too many calls, or calls other quarterbacks wouldn't get?
Too bad. He's earned that luxary. Let me repeat that: He's EARNED that Luxary.

I'm against a lot of things the NFL has done. Rodney Harrison is one of my favorite Patriots of all time and that man wouldn't even be able to exist in today's NFL.
But Quarterbacks, who hold the ball every play and have 4 or 5 or 6 massive roided out crazies coming after them every play can't be permitted to drop out of the league like flies.

And to act like Brady is personally responsible for these rule changes is just incredible.

[YOUTUBE]hodTuRT3KOI&[/YOUTUBE]

If you were the football fan you claim to be you would respect this man.

You don't see me photo shopping Ray Lewis in a skirt or at a murder scene, or Polamalu with bows in his hair.
FFS, what is this, a Supreme Court brief? Can I get the fricking cliff notes version?

Here's mine - Brady sucks.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #50
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Oh, please, it was so pathetic Chris Collinsworth and whats-his-face started apologizing over and over and over again from like the 3rd quarter on. After your fake win he actually ended his broadcast by stating, and I quote, "the only loser in this game was the fans."

It began the conversation about a serious effort to get the real officials back being needed to basically save the season which was then given an exclamation point by the Seahawks / Packers game.

Your ravens are pathetic.

9-2 against your pathetic team. You're not on the Patriots level. You're bush league. Brady wipes his ass with purple.

Go cry about it.
Pull your head out of your ass and listen to the actual broadcast, he said no such thing. The rest of your post is too stupid to comment on, considering you are 0-1 this season.

BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote