Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 935
Member Number: 11280
Thanks: 2
Thanked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: Woodley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMania83 View Post
Like it was mentioned, Woodley was a BEAST before the injury against NE...Ever since, ya barely see him make a play anymore, he absolutely looks out of shape....Let's face it, our so called 'stud' players just ain't getting it done...Thats a HUGE reason we are in the position we are in headin into the last 2 games.
That's an understatement... Just look at this list of probowl caliber Steelers who are having disappointing seasons:

Woodley
Polamalu
Harrison - coming on as of late, but still
Mendenhall
Wallace
Brown

And I was really hoping to see more out of Pouncey, Sanders, Hood, Heyword, Rainey, Cotchery, ... our entire O-line really. They showed glimpses of what they are capable of ...but never got healthy enough to shine.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 14,508
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 20,462
Thanked 21,578 Times in 8,909 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Woodley

I heard a rumor that LaMarr is vying for the starting NT position (once Casey the Hutt retires).

Can anyone confirm this???
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Penn (12-19-2012), stiller39 (12-18-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #13
FrancoLambert
Team President
 
FrancoLambert's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: tony soprano's neighborhood
Posts: 2,033
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20827
Thanks: 1,999
Thanked 1,687 Times in 876 Posts
My Mood: Crappy
Default Re: Woodley

Too slow, just like our D-line.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #14
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 9,393
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 8,688
Thanked 11,384 Times in 4,786 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Woodley

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I heard a rumor that LaMarr is vying for the starting NT position (once Casey the Hutt retires).

Can anyone confirm this???
there's no way Woodley can ever fill Hampton's shoes...

Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #15
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 4,498
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 107
Thanked 260 Times in 177 Posts
Default Re: Woodley

such a shame as Woodley was all set to be one of the NFL's biggest time linebackers. I was expecting GREAT things after that big contract.
Now, when there's discussions about the best and great LB's in the league - Woodley's not even mentioned. He goes entire games without even being noticed. Only time i even saw him in the Dallas game when he got burned on an outside pass and looked winded trying to get over there (which he didn't, by the way...).

In the last few games, Harrison's been outplaying Woodley's play by a good margin.

Maybe he should stop fooling around putting team bowling leagues together and all that community service and start being a monster in the gym every day for a few hours instead. I don't know what he's got to do but he's got to get it together.
Looks confused on the field as to whether to drop back to coverage or to try and stuff the line - meanwhile excelling at neither one.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
plenewken (12-18-2012), stiller39 (12-18-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
Penn
Starter
 
Penn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 422
Member Number: 19535
Thanks: 273
Thanked 236 Times in 115 Posts
Default Re: Woodley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
such a shame as Woodley was all set to be one of the NFL's biggest time linebackers. I was expecting GREAT things after that big contract.
Now, when there's discussions about the best and great LB's in the league - Woodley's not even mentioned. He goes entire games without even being noticed. Only time i even saw him in the Dallas game when he got burned on an outside pass and looked winded trying to get over there (which he didn't, by the way...).

In the last few games, Harrison's been outplaying Woodley's play by a good margin.

Maybe he should stop fooling around putting team bowling leagues together and all that community service and start being a monster in the gym every day for a few hours instead. I don't know what he's got to do but he's got to get it together.
Looks confused on the field as to whether to drop back to coverage or to try and stuff the line - meanwhile excelling at neither one.
Its too late for him to get in shape now, he needs to come back next season at 245 pounds and lean.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #17
VaDave
Team President
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 2,431
Gender: Male
Member Number: 479
Thanks: 829
Thanked 1,711 Times in 962 Posts
Default Re: Woodley

Rumor has it Woodley was at 290lbs last year when he blew his hammy..... He did come into camp in better shape this year, but apparently , has made one too many stops a KFC as the season progressed.

I've haven't been a big Woodley fan for a number of years, since I started following his stats and paying close attention to his game. Truth be told, he was a big beneficiary of playing opposite Harrison on passing downs, and never was great shakes against the run, but got a lot of help from Arron Smith that made him look better than what he is.

BTW, he was @ 265lbs as a rookie from what I remember.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,044
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 149 Times in 69 Posts
Default Re: Woodley

Woodley is playing like an aging linebacker.. Not even noticed unless he's left unblocked for a splash hurry or sack. The problem is he isn't old, it's all conditioning.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,579
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,544
Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,983 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Woodley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMania83 View Post
Like it was mentioned, Woodley was a BEAST before the injury against NE...Ever since, ya barely see him make a play anymore, he absolutely looks out of shape....Let's face it, our so called 'stud' players just ain't getting it done...Thats a HUGE reason we are in the position we are in headin into the last 2 games.
but he donates his time to the kids and wears awesome suits for his facebook page - that should be enough. Don't tell him he needs to create more pressure. According to Ike Taylor's segment, he has a lot more to do than just create pressure. That's awesome compared to what he USED to do.
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #20
Steel Peon
Starter
 
Steel Peon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 459
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17520
Thanks: 431
Thanked 211 Times in 102 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Woodley

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Casey the Hutt
LOL!

And since we're on the subject of Woodley, I figure now is a good time to link to this weeks WoodenDong report:

http://www.stillers.com/Article/View...6-6d19e42a6f30

Enjoy.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts