Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Re: Woodley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMania83 View Post
Like it was mentioned, Woodley was a BEAST before the injury against NE...Ever since, ya barely see him make a play anymore, he absolutely looks out of shape....Let's face it, our so called 'stud' players just ain't getting it done...Thats a HUGE reason we are in the position we are in headin into the last 2 games.
That's an understatement... Just look at this list of probowl caliber Steelers who are having disappointing seasons:

Woodley
Polamalu
Harrison - coming on as of late, but still
Mendenhall
Wallace
Brown

And I was really hoping to see more out of Pouncey, Sanders, Hood, Heyword, Rainey, Cotchery, ... our entire O-line really. They showed glimpses of what they are capable of ...but never got healthy enough to shine.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 21,578 Times in 8,909 Posts
My Mood: Dead

I heard a rumor that LaMarr is vying for the starting NT position (once Casey the Hutt retires).

Can anyone confirm this???
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Penn (12-19-2012), stiller39 (12-18-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #13
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,687 Times in 876 Posts
My Mood: Crappy

Too slow, just like our D-line.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #14
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 11,384 Times in 4,786 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I heard a rumor that LaMarr is vying for the starting NT position (once Casey the Hutt retires).

Can anyone confirm this???
there's no way Woodley can ever fill Hampton's shoes...

Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #15
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

such a shame as Woodley was all set to be one of the NFL's biggest time linebackers. I was expecting GREAT things after that big contract.
Now, when there's discussions about the best and great LB's in the league - Woodley's not even mentioned. He goes entire games without even being noticed. Only time i even saw him in the Dallas game when he got burned on an outside pass and looked winded trying to get over there (which he didn't, by the way...).

In the last few games, Harrison's been outplaying Woodley's play by a good margin.

Maybe he should stop fooling around putting team bowling leagues together and all that community service and start being a monster in the gym every day for a few hours instead. I don't know what he's got to do but he's got to get it together.
Looks confused on the field as to whether to drop back to coverage or to try and stuff the line - meanwhile excelling at neither one.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
plenewken (12-18-2012), stiller39 (12-18-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
Penn
Starter

Member Number: 19535

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
such a shame as Woodley was all set to be one of the NFL's biggest time linebackers. I was expecting GREAT things after that big contract.
Now, when there's discussions about the best and great LB's in the league - Woodley's not even mentioned. He goes entire games without even being noticed. Only time i even saw him in the Dallas game when he got burned on an outside pass and looked winded trying to get over there (which he didn't, by the way...).

In the last few games, Harrison's been outplaying Woodley's play by a good margin.

Maybe he should stop fooling around putting team bowling leagues together and all that community service and start being a monster in the gym every day for a few hours instead. I don't know what he's got to do but he's got to get it together.
Looks confused on the field as to whether to drop back to coverage or to try and stuff the line - meanwhile excelling at neither one.
Its too late for him to get in shape now, he needs to come back next season at 245 pounds and lean.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #17
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,711 Times in 962 Posts

Rumor has it Woodley was at 290lbs last year when he blew his hammy..... He did come into camp in better shape this year, but apparently , has made one too many stops a KFC as the season progressed.

I've haven't been a big Woodley fan for a number of years, since I started following his stats and paying close attention to his game. Truth be told, he was a big beneficiary of playing opposite Harrison on passing downs, and never was great shakes against the run, but got a lot of help from Arron Smith that made him look better than what he is.

BTW, he was @ 265lbs as a rookie from what I remember.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Woodley is playing like an aging linebacker.. Not even noticed unless he's left unblocked for a splash hurry or sack. The problem is he isn't old, it's all conditioning.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,983 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMania83 View Post
Like it was mentioned, Woodley was a BEAST before the injury against NE...Ever since, ya barely see him make a play anymore, he absolutely looks out of shape....Let's face it, our so called 'stud' players just ain't getting it done...Thats a HUGE reason we are in the position we are in headin into the last 2 games.
but he donates his time to the kids and wears awesome suits for his facebook page - that should be enough. Don't tell him he needs to create more pressure. According to Ike Taylor's segment, he has a lot more to do than just create pressure. That's awesome compared to what he USED to do.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #20
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Casey the Hutt
LOL!

And since we're on the subject of Woodley, I figure now is a good time to link to this weeks WoodenDong report:

http://www.stillers.com/Article/View...6-6d19e42a6f30

Enjoy.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote