Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #71
treadhead
Water Boy

Member Number: 2383
Default Re: Enjoy your Superbowl win. Colts will dominate next year.

And this guys entire argument seems to ride on this one statement, "determination forged by disappointment and defeat."

Yeah, that's a sure fire formula for success. By that logic we should have won the SB the year after our AFC Champ losses to San Diego, Denver, and the Pats.

The AFC will be competitive again this year. The talent levels so close the outcome could easily be found in injuries, who has a bi and when and, of course, a couple key plays in key games.
treadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #72
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadhead
And this guys entire argument seems to ride on this one statement, "determination forged by disappointment and defeat."

Yeah, that's a sure fire formula for success. By that logic we should have won the SB the year after our AFC Champ losses to San Diego, Denver, and the Pats.

The AFC will be competitive again this year. The talent levels so close the outcome could easily be found in injuries, who has a bi and when and, of course, a couple key plays in key games.
That's a great point. I didn't think about that. Then we should have won 3 super bowls if you apply the writer's formula.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #73
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeNowHave5
Until there is an indication that the Colts have figured out how to consistently beat a 3-4 defense, then I will never consider them a favorite. Last yeaa was there chance and they blew it.

BTW, I have always considered Manning way overated. Put some pressure on him and he mentally collapses

Thats been my stance for quite a while too. It seems that Peyton is the golden boy of the NFL every year. But we all know, that in football, the QB gets way too much credit for wins and in most cases, way too much blame for losses. I just wonder how Peyton continues to escape the blame and criticism for the big game losses when most other QB's get grilled regularly. And the thing that really bothers me is his attitude after such losses. I think he tries to be real humble in spite of himself. But IMO, he is all too willing to place blame on others. In fact, i think in his case it's a hereditary trate. His dad and brother appear to have the same mental make-up as well.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:19 AM   #74
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps
..... if Jaworski had a coherent thought.....

..... it would die of loneliness.

I have to hear this crap all the time living in Indy but it does not bother too much because they were supposed to win it all last year and we all know what happened. I agree with drizze99, the Colts (or Clots as I call them) will struggle and they even paly a week schedule (22nd strongest). I think the rest of their divison has taken very big steps to get them and they are past their peak. On more thing. Here is what Colts means...

Count
On
Loosing
To
Steelers
Old 06-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #75
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

The Colts without the Edge is gonna be a totally differeent team..just watch and see... The Patriots maybe back but I honestly think that our strongest competition comes from our own division in the BUNGALS... The Chargers must prove that Rivers is the man and the Patriots we be tough as usuall if they patch their secondary..
Elvis has left the building..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #76
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71

I have to hear this crap all the time living in Indy but it does not bother too much because they were supposed to win it all last year and we all know what happened. I agree with drizze99, the Colts (or Clots as I call them) will struggle and they even paly a week schedule (22nd strongest). I think the rest of their divison has taken very big steps to get them and they are past their peak. On more thing. Here is what Colts means...

Count
On
Loosing
To
Steelers
Thats awesome !!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote