Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #71
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Arizona Might be Interested in Todd Haley

Hey if they hire Haley I'll gladly bring Whiz back to take his spot...
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #72
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Hey if they hire Haley I'll gladly bring Whiz back to take his spot...
Would Whiz want to work under Tomlin?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #73
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,028 Times in 7,609 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Apparently I have to repeat, because I've made clear I think Art is just a rotten apple from the family tree. I'm hoping Dan Rooney comes back and sets things straight.
And, you know this because... he "looks" like a lawyer. Uh... okay.

Yay, derailing threads via vile, unwarranted hatred!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #74
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Teegre, you didn't honestly assume these guys were going to let fact get in their way of saying ridiculous things without merit, did you?
D'oh!!! LOL
Old 12-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #75
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Would Whiz want to work under Tomlin?
He would NEVER work under Tomlin.

He hates that Tomlin got the job that he thought was going to be his.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #76
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
And, you know this because... he "looks" like a lawyer. Uh... okay.

Yay, derailing threads via vile, unwarranted hatred!!!
Or because he couldn't tell the truth about getting rid of an OC, and looked very gutless.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #77
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Teegre, you didn't honestly assume these guys were going to let fact get in their way of saying ridiculous things without merit, did you?
Sorry. If you actually stop and read maybe you can try and understand what some people are trying to say. We've spent many high picks on the oline and neglected other areas of the team. So when I hear crap about the oline; i laugh. Injuries. AHHH yes. Let me break it down for you. Marcus Gilbert. Playing like shit before he got hurt. Mike Adams. If Heath didn't have to baby sit him; he'd have 100 catches this year. David Decastro. Well he hasn't really played; but with so much expectations; I can honestly say his rookie year was a disappointment due to injury. Pouncey has played well. That was my point. We have spent enough on the oline; time to draft rbs and corners. Skill positions!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #78
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

If Arizona takes Todd Haley, the Steelers might as well throw in Tomlin, too. The deal would go, Haley, and Tomlin to the Cardinals in exchange for Ken Whisenhunt, Russ Grimm, and a left handed Closer that will pitch for the league minimum.
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #79
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
Sorry. If you actually stop and read maybe you can try and understand what some people are trying to say. We've spent many high picks on the oline and neglected other areas of the team. So when I hear crap about the oline; i laugh. Injuries. AHHH yes. Let me break it down for you. Marcus Gilbert. Playing like shit before he got hurt. Mike Adams. If Heath didn't have to baby sit him; he'd have 100 catches this year. David Decastro. Well he hasn't really played; but with so much expectations; I can honestly say his rookie year was a disappointment due to injury. Pouncey has played well. That was my point. We have spent enough on the oline; time to draft rbs and corners. Skill positions!!
Let me break down why you're wrong. I think I'm going to get more joy out of this than I should, but hey, here we go.

Marcus Gilbert wasn't playing like shit at all, actually. He was playing very well at RT and people were talking about him as the future of this team on the right side. While I disagree and would say he's the future of this team on the left side, that's just semantics.

Mike Adams did need help in pass protection, you're right. He was also going against Paul Kruger, Ryan Kerrigan and Justin Tuck. Show me a tackle that can one-on-one those guys, let alone a rookie tackle playing on the opposite side he played in college. Use that thing on top of your neck before you criticize the kid - he was flashing potential and excellence during the game. That, and he was an absolute monster in run-blocking.

DeCastro's season has only been a disappointment because he hasn't been able to play. From what he showed on Sunday, he'll be our starting guard for the next decade - no question.

You can't just blow off injuries like they're nothing. This team - more specifically the offensive line - has been ravaged and devastated by injuries. We have a 7th round rookie playing starting at RT and he's playing well and improving every game. The simple fact of the matter is, we don't need to improve CBs. All four of our starting corners went down and we should spend high picks on upgrading them for depth purposes? That's ridiculous and I hope you understand why.

Again, use that thing on top of your neck before you comment.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #80
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Let me break down why you're wrong. I think I'm going to get more joy out of this than I should, but hey, here we go.

Marcus Gilbert wasn't playing like shit at all, actually. He was playing very well at RT and people were talking about him as the future of this team on the right side. While I disagree and would say he's the future of this team on the left side, that's just semantics.

Mike Adams did need help in pass protection, you're right. He was also going against Paul Kruger, Ryan Kerrigan and Justin Tuck. Show me a tackle that can one-on-one those guys, let alone a rookie tackle playing on the opposite side he played in college. Use that thing on top of your neck before you criticize the kid - he was flashing potential and excellence during the game. That, and he was an absolute monster in run-blocking.

DeCastro's season has only been a disappointment because he hasn't been able to play. From what he showed on Sunday, he'll be our starting guard for the next decade - no question.

You can't just blow off injuries like they're nothing. This team - more specifically the offensive line - has been ravaged and devastated by injuries. We have a 7th round rookie playing starting at RT and he's playing well and improving every game. The simple fact of the matter is, we don't need to improve CBs. All four of our starting corners went down and we should spend high picks on upgrading them for depth purposes? That's ridiculous and I hope you understand why.

Again, use that thing on top of your neck before you comment.
Hey. Thanks for your input. You have your opinion; I have mine. I don't appreciate your comments about the thing on my neck. Remember something friend; we are all steeler fans here. There is no need to be rude because someone disagrees with you. If we all had the answers; we wouldn't be on here typing but working for the club. Just some advice to you !
defence is offline   Reply With Quote