Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Cyphon
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,605
Member Number: 24613
Thanks: 656
Thanked 1,336 Times in 707 Posts
Default Keys to beating Cinci

No need for explanation on what this is. I will say what I think and you all can do so as well. These aren't neccessarily ordered by importance but the order I thought of them.

1. Get Plaxico involved. The few times the guy has been in he has been able to do some things. He adds height and a good redzone threat and we need to put up more than 3 the way our D is playing. We have him, we need to get him more involved. It isn't as if our offense is firing on all cylinders. I don't really see how a change can hurt in any case given how our wideouts have been performing.

Skillset aside, I am looking for a spark. The team just does not seem to WANT victory as much as they should. Particularly with the receivers dropping balls or fumbling or whatever. You know Plax wants to be relevant again. He is hungry and even moreso at a home game at Heinz field.

2. HEEEEEEEEEEATH! You know who I mean and I am not even explaining this one. He is our offesive MVP, having a career year and continues to be on fire. GET HIM THE BALL!

3. Run game. Last time we played Cinci we were able to run on em. Dwyer had like 122 on 17 carries or something close to that. Don't get away from the run game. TOP with a 7 at the end (see points 1 and 2 for how to achieve that) would make this game a walk in the park. Easier said than done but we are capable of doing it. I think TOP is even more important than usual given the fact that AJ Green is going to be out there with no Ike T on the field. Well, and our defensive is playing soft overall.

No anyone who knows me should expect this next part but while I say we need to run, I specifically mean we need to run the ball with Redman. I said it before and will continue to say it while the facts back me.....He is our best running back and overall a great running back when given a chance. Numbers support the argument as well as eye test and common sense. Hell, look at the Cowboys game. Dwyer did nothing (9 for 22 yards or something like that?) Redman had 3 for 30 as well as the catch out of the backfield breaking tackles and getting the first down.


So to summarize. Plaxico, Heath and Redman. If those 3 are our gameplan I guarantee we win the game. I say it with 100% confidence and would bet any amount of money I could muster on a victory.

What say you?
Cyphon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
The_Joker
Team Owner
 
The_Joker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,804
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24540
Thanks: 2,968
Thanked 1,481 Times in 766 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

Play like Jack Lambert!
__________________
The_Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,587
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,553
Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,987 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphon View Post
No need for explanation on what this is. I will say what I think and you all can do so as well. These aren't neccessarily ordered by importance but the order I thought of them.

1. Get Plaxico involved. The few times the guy has been in he has been able to do some things. He adds height and a good redzone threat and we need to put up more than 3 the way our D is playing. We have him, we need to get him more involved. It isn't as if our offense is firing on all cylinders. I don't really see how a change can hurt in any case given how our wideouts have been performing.

Skillset aside, I am looking for a spark. The team just does not seem to WANT victory as much as they should. Particularly with the receivers dropping balls or fumbling or whatever. You know Plax wants to be relevant again. He is hungry and even moreso at a home game at Heinz field.

2. HEEEEEEEEEEATH! You know who I mean and I am not even explaining this one. He is our offesive MVP, having a career year and continues to be on fire. GET HIM THE BALL!

3. Run game. Last time we played Cinci we were able to run on em. Dwyer had like 122 on 17 carries or something close to that. Don't get away from the run game. TOP with a 7 at the end (see points 1 and 2 for how to achieve that) would make this game a walk in the park. Easier said than done but we are capable of doing it. I think TOP is even more important than usual given the fact that AJ Green is going to be out there with no Ike T on the field. Well, and our defensive is playing soft overall.

No anyone who knows me should expect this next part but while I say we need to run, I specifically mean we need to run the ball with Redman. I said it before and will continue to say it while the facts back me.....He is our best running back and overall a great running back when given a chance. Numbers support the argument as well as eye test and common sense. Hell, look at the Cowboys game. Dwyer did nothing (9 for 22 yards or something like that?) Redman had 3 for 30 as well as the catch out of the backfield breaking tackles and getting the first down.


So to summarize. Plaxico, Heath and Redman. If those 3 are our gameplan I guarantee we win the game. I say it with 100% confidence and would bet any amount of money I could muster on a victory.

What say you?
I agree on Heath. Plax needs to be featured from mid field on IMO. I have no clue at running back. It sounds like Mendy might get another chance to touch the ball. Who the hell knows - Mendenhall may come back from the grave. The RB situation is one of the worst that I've ever seen as it stands right now (thanks in part to injuries, attitude, and being bad enough that absolutely no one respects the run)
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter
 
Lady Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,615
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16396
Thanks: 16,241
Thanked 6,163 Times in 2,351 Posts
My Mood: Sad
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

They need to get their heads out of their butts and go out there and play with the same focus, passion, and consistency as Heath Miller. I've about had it up to HERE with our WRs and RBs. Plax needs to be in there. So does Cotchery. The WRs need to catch the damn ball, and the RBs need to hold onto the ball and stop carrying it like a loaf of bread. The coaching staff needs to THINK and stop being stupid. This team has so much talent and they're pissing it all away. I don't get angry with this team often. I was heartbroken over the loss to the Cowboys, but I'm over that. Now, I'm totally pissed off.

With that said, I still believe.

Steelers - 27

Bungles - 21


Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
WVABE
Team Captain
 
3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 791
Member Number: 24111
Thanks: 662
Thanked 563 Times in 268 Posts
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

This is the NFL your never guanteed a win.
What year was that when the Raiders had less than 100 yards of offence and beat us.
I'm not even comfortable with a 28 point lead, unless there's 30 seconds left in the game.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach
 
Riddle_Of_Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 1,939
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13727
Thanks: 2
Thanked 866 Times in 433 Posts
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVABE View Post
This is the NFL your never guanteed a win.
What year was that when the Raiders had less than 100 yards of offence and beat us.
I'm not even comfortable with a 28 point lead, unless there's 30 seconds left in the game.
2006.

The defense held them to 98 yards of offensive production-- and we still lost.

Ben's 4 INTs had a LOT to do with that, as well as Cowher's decision to play him that week, despite getting KO'ed the week before at Atlanta. Same song, different tune.
__________________
GO STEELERS!!
"On the S-2-7 train"
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 1,186
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1192
Thanks: 9
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

The only key to beating Cinci is for the Steelers not to beat themselves, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eafratitpm3 For This Useful Post:
lardlad (12-18-2012), ZoneBlitzer (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
ZoneBlitzer
Team President
 
ZoneBlitzer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,017
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16775
Thanks: 276
Thanked 544 Times in 296 Posts
My Mood: Doubtful
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

Don't turn the ball over. And preferably win the turnover battle.

Play situational and complimentary football at a high level. This means capitalizing with points in key situations something that they havent done at all.

Minimize big kick returns.

Eliminate mental mistakes.

Get a good start on offense.

Prediction: 21 - 17 Cincinnati.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,587
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,553
Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,987 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Don't turn the ball over. And preferably win the turnover battle.

Play situational and complimentary football at a high level. This means capitalizing with points in key situations something that they have done.

Minimize big kick returns.

Eliminate mental mistakes.

Get a good start on offense.
Or, hope that Arians comes back - cause he holds the be all end all key on the outcome of all successful seasons

EDIT: In all seriousness - they just need to do their job and quit pressing
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters

Last edited by steelfury02; 12-18-2012 at 06:30 PM.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
The_Joker
Team Owner
 
The_Joker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,804
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24540
Thanks: 2,968
Thanked 1,481 Times in 766 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

This Week's Line
FAVORITE SPREAD UNDERDOG OVER/UNDER
Pittsburgh 4 Cincinnati 43

ACCUSCORE

The Pittsburgh Steelers are a solid favorite with a 65% chance to beat the Cincinnati Bengals. Jonathan Dwyer is projected for 62 rushing yards and a 37% chance of having at least 1 rushing TD. In the 35% of simulations where Cincinnati Bengals wins, Andy Dalton averages 1.89 TD passes vs 0.4 interceptions, while in losses he has a ratio of 1.24 TDs to 0.66 interceptions. BenJarvus Green-Ellis averages 59 rushing yards and 0.52 rushing TDs when Cincinnati Bengals wins and 38 yards and 0.21 TDs in losses. The Pittsburgh Steelers has a 41% chance of forcing more turnovers than they commit. Positive turnover margin helps them win 84% of the time.
__________________
The_Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts