Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #81
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,084 Times in 3,893 Posts
Default Re: Arizona Might be Interested in Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
Hey. Thanks for your input. You have your opinion; I have mine. I don't appreciate your comments about the thing on my neck. Remember something friend; we are all steeler fans here. There is no need to be rude because someone disagrees with you. If we all had the answers; we wouldn't be on here typing but working for the club. Just some advice to you !
I'm rude because everything you said was a) full of shit and meant to get a reaction and b) had absolutely nothing backing it? No, but sometimes the truth can hurt. Instead of being hyper-critical of rookies and second year guys, let's cut them some slack and recognize the good they're doing. It only makes sense.

edit - I'm not going to erase what I said, but I realize I'm coming off dickish - that's on me. People always find a way to bitch about something and I realize this isn't what you were doing necessarily, but I do agree with some of your points here. Again, sorry for coming off as a dick.

Last edited by SteelersCanada; 12-18-2012 at 05:59 PM.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #82
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,443 Times in 1,635 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I'm rude because everything you said was a) full of shit and meant to get a reaction and b) had absolutely nothing backing it? No, but sometimes the truth can hurt. Instead of being hyper-critical of rookies and second year guys, let's cut them some slack and recognize the good they're doing. It only makes sense.

edit - I'm not going to erase what I said, but I realize I'm coming off dickish - that's on me. People always find a way to bitch about something and I realize this isn't what you were doing necessarily, but I do agree with some of your points here. Again, sorry for coming off as a dick.
come on now you two - don't back down on the message board insults

I was just starting to enjoy this

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #83
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,084 Times in 3,893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
come on now you two - don't back down on the message board insults

I was just starting to enjoy this
I ain't Blaze.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #84
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I ain't Blaze.
que drums

Agree to disagree.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #85
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,437 Times in 7,367 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Or because he couldn't tell the truth about getting rid of an OC, and looked very gutless.
That is your take on the situation, and thus, I can comprehend why you think that Art II is such a bad person.

But, on the flip side, as I stated, that is your interpretation... when, in truth, they might have fired him, but he asked them to "let him retire" so that he could save face.

Who REALLY knows what went on behind closed doors? Well, who besides you, that is.

Secondly, regardless of what Art II did, is it truly necessary to announce your disdain in every single thread on here?

THREAD Brown signs new contract
GOFOR7: Art II sucks!!!

THREAD: Steelers play-off chances

THREAD: Who will be at Heinz Field on Sunday?
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #86
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
That is your take on the situation, and thus, I can comprehend why you think that Art II is such a bad person.

But, on the flip side, as I stated, that is your interpretation... when, in truth, they might have fired him, but he asked them to "let him retire" so that he could save face.

Who REALLY knows what went on behind closed doors? Well, who besides you, that is.

Secondly, regardless of what Art II did, is it truly necessary to announce your disdain in every single thread on here?

THREAD Brown signs new contract

THREAD: Steelers play-off chances

THREAD: Who will be at Heinz Field on Sunday?
can't say anything - I dropped some more un-needed Arians hate on the #1 Defense by Smoke and such thread . . .

Agree to disagree.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #87
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
Sorry. If you actually stop and read maybe you can try and understand what some people are trying to say. We've spent many high picks on the oline and neglected other areas of the team. So when I hear crap about the oline; i laugh. Injuries. AHHH yes. Let me break it down for you. Marcus Gilbert. Playing like shit before he got hurt. Mike Adams. If Heath didn't have to baby sit him; he'd have 100 catches this year. David Decastro. Well he hasn't really played; but with so much expectations; I can honestly say his rookie year was a disappointment due to injury. Pouncey has played well. That was my point. We have spent enough on the oline; time to draft rbs and corners. Skill positions!!
Um... well... hm... First of all, I stopped... and I can indeed read... but, I still do not understand what you are trying to say.

DRAFT O-LINE
First, you say that Gilbert, Adams, & DD all suck. But, then, you say that the Steelers do NOT need to draft O-line. Well... uh... if they all three suck, then that leaves TWO good O-lineman: Starks & Pouncey. Hence, drafting O-line would be imperative.

But... you say that the Steelers do NOT need to draft O-line, because they already drafted O-line.

Huh?

If they suck, then they need to be replaced... but, you do not want to replace them. So, does that mean that you think that they are good???

IN OTHER WORDS... what exactly is your point?

SUMMATION:
1. The game of football is won on the line. If the O-line is indeed lacking, then using a high draft pick on it is NEVER a bad idea. A RB can not run through a wall; a RB needs holes. Make sense?

2. Those three kiddos (Gilbert et al) have been injured and/or are very young. Hence, they could indeed develop into very good linemen. I am not one to cut bait this early... especially since I think (opinion) that DD will be like the love-child of Alan Faneca & Steve Hutchinson: dominant.

3. With The Colon not able to stay healhty, and Ramon Foster being good, but not great, I would not mind a LG being drafted (although, either Beachum or Gilbert "could" play LG). Regardless, with that said, I see OLB & S being the top two targets.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #88
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
can't say anything - I dropped some more un-needed Arians hate on the #1 Defense by Smoke and such thread . . .
THAT is indeed allowed. LOL
Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #89
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

you people are missing the point

If Ben says fire the bitch, then fire him.

You know they fucked up by firing Arians, Ben, just say it, I'm behind you....

maybe with Old Man Rooney back in the states after that Irish Catholic deal he had overseas he'll come back in and lay down the law and get these arrogant losers back on tract
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote