Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #31
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,109
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 3,542
Thanked 3,450 Times in 1,639 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Keys to beating Cinci?

Organize a police raid in their locker room before the game. The outstanding warrants should decimate their chances of fielding enough guys and they'll forfeit.
Sun, Dec. 4, 2005. A red letter day in the history of football.
I remember like it was yesterday. I was standing on top of my toilet in disgust, slipped, hit my head, and when I came to, I saw a vision, I saw this:


The last time Cincy players could get arrested - and THIS, is what makes Super Bowl Dreams possible.
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #32
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Sun, Dec. 4, 2005. A red letter day in the history of football.
I remember like it was yesterday. I was standing on top of my toilet in disgust, slipped, hit my head, and when I came to, I saw a vision, I saw this:


The last time Cincy players could get arrested - and THIS, is what makes Super Bowl Dreams possible.
Somebody mail Vontaze Burfict a Terrible Towel, please. He seems dumb enough to take the bait.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #33
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,109
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 3,542
Thanked 3,450 Times in 1,639 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Somebody mail Vontaze Burfict a Terrible Towel, please. He seems dumb enough to take the bait.
muahahahaah - not unless you anticipate someone who barely contributes to the outcome of the game that might want to do something with it(ala Ray Rice) Maybe their kicker wants a piece of it? How about the long snapper?

Carson Pal, nevermind . . .
No wait, Chad Joh, nevermind . . .
Wait - Chris He, nevermind . . .
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #34
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 4,391
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 98
Thanked 222 Times in 155 Posts
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

keys to beating Cinci ?? Not hard to figure out.....

#1 - SHOW up. Prepared. Ready to play. With attitude. This is SORELY missing, folks.

#2 - the defense has to stop the outside pass plays to the sidelines. The word throughout the NFL now is thats how you beat us and move the ball. And we haven't been able to stop it.

#3 - fumbling. It's time for the Pittsburgh Steelers to show back up permanently. I'm tired of tuning in to watch the Pittsburgh Fumblers.

#4 - in addition to the pass - the run game has to start getting going. Dwyer, Redman whomever. And the line needs to do a better job at creating holes.

#5 - can the special teams also show up?? I'm sick and tired of almost every long runback we get negated by a stupid penalty. On the other side, i'm also tired of other teams consistently getting long runbacks on us - or we commit a stupid penalty again..."giving" them a long runback. Its killing us in the battle of field position.


Can you imagine if we could do all these things. Those things above aren't out of the question, either. I don't see how we can't do all 5 of those things (#4 would likely be the hardest). And not just this week - but every week.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #35
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12,832
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 16,657
Thanked 17,668 Times in 7,468 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
keys to beating Cinci ?? Not hard to figure out.....

#1 - SHOW up. Prepared. Ready to play. With attitude. This is SORELY missing, folks.

#2 - the defense has to stop the outside pass plays to the sidelines. The word throughout the NFL now is thats how you beat us and move the ball. And we haven't been able to stop it.

#3 - fumbling. It's time for the Pittsburgh Steelers to show back up permanently. I'm tired of tuning in to watch the Pittsburgh Fumblers.

#4 - in addition to the pass - the run game has to start getting going. Dwyer, Redman whomever. And the line needs to do a better job at creating holes.

#5 - can the special teams also show up?? I'm sick and tired of almost every long runback we get negated by a stupid penalty. On the other side, i'm also tired of other teams consistently getting long runbacks on us - or we commit a stupid penalty again..."giving" them a long runback. Its killing us in the battle of field position.


Can you imagine if we could do all these things. Those things above aren't out of the question, either. I don't see how we can't do all 5 of those things (#4 would likely be the hardest). And not just this week - but every week.
Agreed.
They have shown the ability to almost all of those things.

1. They showed up against the Ravens.

2. Getting the starting CBs back will help. In the meantime, remember that the 4th & 5th string CBs did well enough against the Cowboys' WRs (who are Pro-Bowlers) to win the game.

3. THIS!!!

4. They ran against the HYGiants... when the NYGiants KNEW it was coming. The Steelers O-line getting cohesion will help in this regard.

5. No penalties is ALL that I ask for. Start the drives at the 20... not the 10. Starting at the 30 would be icing on the cake.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts