Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598
Default Ben Is Alowed To Complain!!

A big part of the Steeler’s woes this season stems from the inability to execute well on offense. This should not be! The Steelers have, perhaps, the most talented quarterback in the NFL, today. They have a good crew of running backs, and receivers, as well. It's true, this year, there has been an abnormal amount of injuries to the offensive line, but the depth is there, so it hasn’t been an overwhelming factor.

No, the problem lies with the coaches, mainly Todd Haley. The offensive game planning, and the play calling, more often than not, was not appropriate for the situation, and did not work. We need to thank Ben Roethlisberger for having the balls to change some of the poorly chosen plays that Todd Haley sent in, replacing them with plays that did work, and scored points. Otherwise, we might be talking about the high choices that we are going to get in next year’s draft.
After the loss to Dallas, Ben, inadvertently, spoke out in the media, passing some of the blame off of the team, and himself, putting it were it belonged, on Todd Haley’s head. For this, he was reprimanded by Mike Tomlin, and Todd Haley. He was, unjustly, forced to humble himself by apologizing in the media. Mike Tomlin, and Todd Haley should be thanking their lucky stars that he did that. By all that is right, they should both be on their knees, in front of Ben Roethlisberger, kissing his Super Bowl Rings.

I know... Allowed is spelled with two L's... lol

Last edited by VictoryFormation; 12-19-2012 at 08:53 PM.
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915
Default Re: Ben Is Alowed To Complain!!

Yes Haley threw the pick and the ST coach fumbled the punt return. We already knew that...
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Just saw ben apologized to Haley for the comments
Old 12-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,318 Times in 3,489 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

the receivers are a little bit overrated and our running backs are below average.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryFormation View Post
A big part of the Steeler’s woes this season stems from the inability to execute well on offense. This should not be! The Steelers have, perhaps, the most talented quarterback in the NFL, today. They have a good crew of running backs, and receivers, as well. It's true, this year, there has been an abnormal amount of injuries to the offensive line, but the depth is there, so it hasn’t been an overwhelming factor.

No, the problem lies with the coaches, mainly Todd Haley. The offensive game planning, and the play calling, more often than not, was not appropriate for the situation, and did not work. We need to thank Ben Roethlisberger for having the balls to change some of the poorly chosen plays that Todd Haley sent in, replacing them with plays that did work, and scored points. Otherwise, we might be talking about the high choices that we are going to get in next year’s draft.
After the loss to Dallas, Ben, inadvertently, spoke out in the media, passing some of the blame off of the team, and himself, putting it were it belonged, on Todd Haley’s head. For this, he was reprimanded by Mike Tomlin, and Todd Haley. He was, unjustly, forced to humble himself by apologizing in the media. Mike Tomlin, and Todd Haley should be thanking their lucky stars that he did that. By all that is right, they should both be on their knees, in front of Ben Roethlisberger, kissing his Super Bowl Rings.
I used to stick up for Arians a bit until I gave up. Mainly because It wasn't that I thought he was great, I just didn't think he was the reason our offense was underachieving. I kept saying execution. Last couple of years IMO it was poor O line performance. This year the lack of execution stands out more. Heath Miller, Ben and Pouncey are the only guys you can count on to execute consistently. You cant blame Haley for the turnover ratio the last few games, and the dropped passes. I do like our receiving corps, but when was the last time anyone besides Heath held onto a ball up the middle after a big hit. Dropped every time. I think after BA left, everyone thought we would put up 30 a game and be able to run the ball. The line is better even with all the injuries, problem is we don't have a dominate RB, and at the beginning of the year we all proclaimed the Steelers receivers as best corps in league(my self included). So far not the case, very average. Ben has had a great year, but not MVP IMO. This team needs to play mistake free to win and unfortunately they make way too many. Ben had a chance to lead his team to victory on the road in OT and didn't respond. He has nothing to complain about.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
SoCalFan
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Buzzed

Todd Hs game plan id decent ang I like what he has done but dammit, take the handcuffs off Ben! If he wants NO HUDDLE than give it to him! Hes the one on the field and has a much better feel for what the opposing D is doing at any given time!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
steelersforever58
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24184

I for one am of the opinion that you should tailor your offense to the strengths of your qb. This offense doesn't fit Ben. Even if it were working perfectly, while I would be happy that the team well, I hate the dink and dunk. I want to see Ben airing it out downfield.

I know, I know. Do I want to see Ben get killed back there? Of course not. But thats why i thought they have been drafting all these linemen, to solve that problem.

Ben has every reason to complain. The no huddle doesn't even seem to be an option. The endless stream of wide receiver screens and runs up the gut get to be very boring.

Granted with all this being said, if not for some major blunders and Ben getting injured, this could easily have been a 12 win season or better. I think that with everyone healthy the Steelers would have been the best team on the field in every game this year.
steelersforever58 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelersforever58 For This Useful Post:
defence (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersforever58 View Post
I for one am of the opinion that you should tailor your offense to the strengths of your qb. This offense doesn't fit Ben. Even if it were working perfectly, while I would be happy that the team well, I hate the dink and dunk. I want to see Ben airing it out downfield.

I know, I know. Do I want to see Ben get killed back there? Of course not. But thats why i thought they have been drafting all these linemen, to solve that problem.

Ben has every reason to complain. The no huddle doesn't even seem to be an option. The endless stream of wide receiver screens and runs up the gut get to be very boring.

Granted with all this being said, if not for some major blunders and Ben getting injured, this could easily have been a 12 win season or better. I think that with everyone healthy the Steelers would have been the best team on the field in every game this year.
on paper the Steelers appear to be one of best in league.Mendy is supposed to be feature back and Brown, and Wallace are supposed to be best duo in league along with BB. When these guys get moved from the paper to the field, only BB is playing like a pro bowler.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

If Ben believes his complaining will change things for the better - then yes, he should do it.

But if its just for his own pleasure / relief /satisfaction - then its just a selfish act.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Sorry, but Ben airing it out down the field doesnt play to his strengths, he is not that accurate on the long ball. How many times has he over or underthrown Wallace? He is better at the dink and dunk with some middle and deep shots. This is what we run, and when we werent dropping/fumbling all over the place we were methodically moving the ball down the field taking up TOP. This helped our Def and kept other teams from getting comfortable. After watching the game more closely, Dallas rolled their coverage to Heath. At the end Cotchetry was wide open on the first of the double sacks, if Brown doesnt fumble he may have taken it to the house to put the game away, we wasted a brown return to the 50 with a three and out (which was Bens fault with a bad throw), the one time Heath was open in the second half you can see Ben check away for a deep shot, we did run the no huddle in OT and Ben threw a pick, there were alot if reasons we lost that game and very few had to do with coaching. And as far as Haley's offense, he has some great calls, like the fake WR screens to Heath are a thing of beauty and just torch teams when we do it, and if not for a freak sack Ben has rarely been touched even with the OL shuffle.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote