Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #51
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: Ravens will lose 2 of the next 3 and limp in at 10-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
You're such a damn hypocrite. You claim to respect football and than you disrespect Tom Brady.

Here's a history lesson.

Peyton Manning was drafted #1, treated like football royalty his entire life, entered the NFL with rose peddles and a red carpet, went to a dome team, got moved to an all expansion division, had the full weight of the NFL propaganda machine to build him a legacy that isn't even real..... bombs in the post season every single year.

Tom Brady was over looked, drafted in the 6th round, had to work his ass off, now has three Superbowl rings, has shattered almost every PERFORMANCE-based Quarterback record in the league (not the kind you get from just lingering around for 20 seasons), is in the hunt each and every season, even with incredibly flawed teams, and plays with a greater passion than probably anyone else I can think of in the National Football League.

And you do nothing but disrespect this man with the most outrageous slanders imaginable, photo shopping him in skirts, lying about his attitude, inventing things that aren't real, diminish his accomplishments with ridiculous allegations, and then lecture me on how much you respect football. What a joke.

So while Brady takes all his defeats as a team, and accepts all his victories as one, as well (even when he is essentially single-handedly responsible), you despise him for it.

When his fire for winning is on display on the field, you call it a tantrum.

If he loses by one touchdown, he choked. If he wins by six touchdowns, he was padding his stats.

If he comes up short in the Superbowl because he only had 57 seconds, 90 yards to cover, and no time outs, he's not clutch.

If he takes brutal sack after brutal sack after brutal sack and still leads the Patriots to victory in a frigid December snow-storm, he's a "candy ass" because three seasons before you saw him call for a flag.

Meanwhile, Peyton Manning can whine, pout, throw his own team mates under the bus at press conferences, choke constantly in the post season, get his one SB ring gift wrapped by NFL officials with a 3/7 TD/INT play off ratio, play in a dome against expansion teams, and he's the greatest ever according to all the same people.

I'm honestly so sick of it.

I watch every Patriots game. Every single one. I see Brady call for maybe 1 or two flags a season. There's nothing unique to him about it.

There's a reason that every time Ray Lewis comes to Gillette stadium he's on the sidelines yelling ""We playing chess tonight, fellas! We ain't playin' checkers! We playin' Tom Brady tonight!"

Speaking of Ray Lewis, let him drop some knowledge on you since you're just a blind hater in dire need of a Brady education.

[YOUTUBE]gae5luwzfOg[/YOUTUBE]

The NFL rules are as they are because it would be absolutely retarded to allow no name third stringers to injure or end the career of first ballot Hall of Famers.
You think Brady gets too many calls, or calls other quarterbacks wouldn't get?
Too bad. He's earned that luxary. Let me repeat that: He's EARNED that Luxary.

I'm against a lot of things the NFL has done. Rodney Harrison is one of my favorite Patriots of all time and that man wouldn't even be able to exist in today's NFL.
But Quarterbacks, who hold the ball every play and have 4 or 5 or 6 massive roided out crazies coming after them every play can't be permitted to drop out of the league like flies.

And to act like Brady is personally responsible for these rule changes is just incredible.

[YOUTUBE]hodTuRT3KOI&[/YOUTUBE]

If you were the football fan you claim to be you would respect this man.

You don't see me photo shopping Ray Lewis in a skirt or at a murder scene, or Polamalu with bows in his hair.
You want to talk handed super bowls? How many do you have since spygate?
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #52
KManX89
Water Boy

Member Number: 24330

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
You want to talk handed super bowls? How many do you have since spygate?
Not to mention, that first SB against the Rams (SB 36) they shouldn't have even been in, and only made it because the refs decided that Brady somehow "threw" the ball holding it with both hands against his chest. Seriously, does that EVER get ruled anything other than an obvious fumble? Enlighten me a bit here.

And for anyone doubting he had it tucked in fully (hence, a fumble, EVEN ACCORDING TO THE STUPID TUCK RULE), this pic pretty much says it all:

KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #53
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,662 Times in 2,543 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
The man is a lion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
He certainly is a feline of some sort.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #54
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Can I have the thread back?
This thread was about the Ravens sucking, not about the Pats sucking. Even though, I hate both equally. Somehow we have Ravens fans and Pats fans arguing about who sucks less on a Steelers board.
Take it outside guys.

Ravens- Finish imploding, so we can win the last 2 and steal away the AFC N.

Pats- Go back to your great regular season, only to blow another playoff run when everyone thinks you're going to win it all. 2004 is getting further and further away. Brady has seen his last Super Bowl.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #55
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

LOL.... this thread is priceless.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #56
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Can I have the thread back?
This thread was about the Ravens sucking, not about the Pats sucking. Even though, I hate both equally. Somehow we have Ravens fans and Pats fans arguing about who sucks less on a Steelers board.
Take it outside guys.

Ravens- Finish imploding, so we can win the last 2 and steal away the AFC N.

Pats- Go back to your great regular season, only to blow another playoff run when everyone thinks you're going to win it all. 2004 is getting further and further away. Brady has seen his last Super Bowl.
Um a Steelers fan wants to talk about imploding? Hello, Cleveland, hello Dallas! I think you were better off letting the Ravens & Pats fans get after each other ...
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #57
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Um a Steelers fan wants to talk about imploding? Hello, Cleveland, hello Dallas! I think you were better off letting the Ravens & Pats fans get after each other ...

Yeah. If the refs hadn't mis marked Ray Rice's 28 yard pick up, the Ravens would be on a 4 game losing streak.
We're not good right now, but getting beat at home by Charlie Batch, then the Skins, then getting the shit stomped out of you at home by Denver for a supposed 9-2 Super Bowl contender appears to be the bigger implosion. But as I stated earlier, I think it's more of the fact that the 9-2 was never real to begin with. The Ravens just weren't and aren't that good.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #58
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Yeah. If the refs hadn't mis marked Ray Rice's 28 yard pick up, the Ravens would be on a 4 game losing streak.
We're not good right now, but getting beat at home by Charlie Batch, then the Skins, then getting the shit stomped out of you at home by Denver for a supposed 9-2 Super Bowl contender appears to be the bigger implosion. But as I stated earlier, I think it's more of the fact that the 9-2 was never real to begin with. The Ravens just weren't and aren't that good.
Whatever makes ya feel better, hon.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #59
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Still cant figure out why a Ravens or a Patriots fans feels the need to come on to a Steeler board to thump your chest.. No matter what! you aint winning the argument here.. If ya dont like it, you know where the door is------------------->

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #60
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,689 Times in 4,772 Posts

I understand shit talking the Ravens because they truly have a shitty quarterback and team at its core, but the Patriots don't. Of course, when we walk into Foxboro and make that shit our bitch we can talk shit then, but until then, they're staring a bye right in the face and seem Super Bowl bound if they don't have to play us.

Let's hold off until then and talk shit about the Ravens.

Also, they didn't need Spy Gate to knock your ass out of the AFC Title game, Ravens fans.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote