Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: James Harrison: I now hit guys in the knees

Or we could stop with the pussification of America and just accept it's a brutal game for men and not figure skaters and go back to how it was, which I would be fine with.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
soon the NFL will start fining defenders for low hits. then fine them for hits in the midsection when they realize you can break someone's ribs doing that. then, well might as well just ditch the pads and play flag football.
Low hits will be fined as soon as the league starts getting sued for blown knees. This is BS and its a shame James feels he has too.hit low to avoid getting fined or suspended. It's almost impossible to hit a guy clean when he's ducking, dodging, spinning, juking, jumping, diving......
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #13
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Another thing, and I don't think anyone here will disagree, is if the rules force every team to go in the same direction and become, say, a Patriot clone, or a Packers clone, or a New Orleans clone, and each and every game is nothing but a Quarterback slinging the ball back and forth down a field in shoot out after shoot out, the NFL will get real boring, real fast.

It's the match ups that make the NFL interesting.

Some teams are the Patriots.

Some teams are the Steelers.

Some teams are the Ravens.

Etc.

I feel like Roger Goodell is going to force one style of play and one style of play only on the entire league, thinking offense is more exciting and generates more fans, but offense is only exciting if it's unique to the league and one style of many through out the NFL.

Constant shoot outs all day long on Sunday, every single Sunday, would get just as boring as every team being a defensive power house and ending in 3-6 field goal battles.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #14
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,229 Times in 3,943 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Or we could stop with the pussification of America and just accept it's a brutal game for men and not figure skaters and go back to how it was, which I would be fine with.
I don't think it's so much the pussification of America as it is that we live in such a litigious society where everyone is deathly afraid of getting sued.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I don't think it's so much the pussification of America as it is that we live in such a litigious society where everyone is deathly afraid of getting sued.
It's both. No doubt the runaway lawsuits have "pussified" the country, but there is seemingly a movement to pussify men in this country and it starts at a young age. Boys in school are encouraged to not do anything that all of us guys here did at a young age. I remember playing with cap guns outside with my brother in BDU"s we bought from an Army surplus store (we had 98 acres) then we'd come in and make model cars. At school we played sports or a brutal game of tag where someone was sure to get hurt every time. Now the elementary school that my young brother in-law goes to is talking about doing away with all sports and chasing games at recess. Wtf?

As for Harrison, he was just saying it how it is. Sure he didn't need to specify where he's hitting them, but after all that is the only place you can hit somebody and ensure that you don't get find for a player that ducks when you go to hit them in the chest. Anybody who's not a Steeler fan is going to say that it's stupid for him to say that or that he's doing it on purpose trying to blow out knees, but that's not the case. He's not willing to continue to take a hit in the pocket book just because somebody shifts as he's about to hit them, so he tackles the only way that he can 100% avoid that problem. Don't blame him, blame the dumbass who made the rules which actually encourage players to hit in the knees by giving frivolous fine's for any hit that is "too hard" or allegedly is helmet to helmet.