Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #21
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Ben has his millions now, he has two SB Rings, he's a new father. Playing QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers is just a hobby now for him. He used to be a tough guy with alot of heart but h is definatly comfortable where he is in his career. Think about it, he is the #1 guy, no competition behind him so if he has a bad game or two, three, four, who cares. He'll stand up in front of the media and say this loss is on him, same as Mike T does every week. Well, I guess they will own the couches they will be sitting on week after next. Thank you Big Ben and Coach T. I know, they made one more splash play than w did. We accep that.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #22
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324

@ Go....
I completely agree with you on this one. However, Coach Tomlin needs to stop using big words in his post game interviews that he can in no way help produce on the field of play. He has an internal problem that only a coach can fix. Rooney's need to break it to Coach T that they are from Missouri and that they are not seeing the efforts needed to right this ship. Ben is Ben he has been hammered for years now, yes years behind this line. Outside life may be the reason, low morale, lack of offensive coaching. The third down issue is the white elephant in the room that needs to be corrected even if someone needs to leave. The high school antics of I am going to make you ride the bench if you are not producing does not work in NFL. You have grab these guys by the face mask and get in their faces. Hmmm, sounds like a coach we all know and love huh? But that just my take of 2.5 cents on the matter....70's, 80's, 90, 10's and today fan and always will be. Its the meaning of what this team represents that defines it's fan base....Go Steelers!.......2013 DRAFT
Old 12-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
steelersfan77
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10585

After the first three series. Run, run, pass my dad looked at me and hinted Haley getting back at Ben for his negative comments. Funny thing is the gameplan never changed.

A shame there are differences between our leader and OC. Especially with the way the defense had been playing. Not one time this game did Rothlisberger and Haley communicate after a series. I had good seats and saw no communication, animosity if anything.
steelersfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #24
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Wonder what spot we'll get in the draft when the Brownies take us down.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #25
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
When they're supposed to run on 3rd and 1 from the 5 they empty the backfield. This offence is horrible and this style doesn't allow Ben to get into any rythm.
3rd and 1 inside the 5 and Gayly calls a Ben shitlessberger throw? This after running the ball down bungholes throat on the drive???? We need to finish 7-9 and improve our pathetic team
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #26
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
LOL! I praise you for effort, but you're asking yinzers to think straight after being eliminated from the postseason.

I say let them fume for a few days, then show them tapes from the 80's and 90's. Then they'll understand why Ben is important.
7you got my respect. i don't give a shit how people want to see it. the reality of it is the Steelers tried to play a system that doesn't fit what you have. They tried to force players to play in a system that doesn't work. Haley MUST go or be forced to work with the strengths they have. I'm reading shit about getting rid of BEN. You fucking kidding me?? I will always be a fan. Love the Steelers since I was an 8 year old kid. I'm now 41. I've seen alot of bad shit but to talk shit about a guy who has come in and saved our asses sooooo many times and win super bowls is truly pathetic. Ben messed up. YES!!! But he didn't lose our season. Tomlin and Haley are responsible for that!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to defence For This Useful Post:
GoFor7 (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #27
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

yep, I aggree, might as well look at the brighter side of all this now. - a potentially better draft pick
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
7you got my respect. i don't give a shit how people want to see it. the reality of it is the Steelers tried to play a system that doesn't fit what you have. They tried to force players to play in a system that doesn't work. Haley MUST go or be forced to work with the strengths they have. I'm reading shit about getting rid of BEN. You fucking kidding me?? I will always be a fan. Love the Steelers since I was an 8 year old kid. I'm now 41. I've seen alot of bad shit but to talk shit about a guy who has come in and saved our asses sooooo many times and win super bowls is truly pathetic. Ben messed up. YES!!! But he didn't lose our season. Tomlin and Haley are responsible for that!!
There's too big reasons the Steelers played the way they did this season:

1.) Outdated philosophies. Worrying too much about TOP rather than scoring. Thus resulting in an offense that does not fit it's personnel. They took points away from themselves.

2.) Playing scared. Worrying about what "could" go wrong. Ben "could" get hurt (which he did), the defense "could" give up big plays (which they did at times during the season). They spent so much time worrying about what could go wrong rather than making plays.

Now, we saw the defense become aggressive today. GOOD. Take that into next season and learn that you have to play the same way on offense. This close to the vest shit resulted in a 7-9 or 8-8 season.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote