Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,155
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 4,069
Thanked 7,269 Times in 3,150 Posts
Default Re: This loss stung less than any to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
There were no good teams on the field yesterday. Just two average ones.
Yep, largely the same team that went 24 - 8 is average. Give me a break.

This team isn't average, but we've been ravaged by injuries. Before you say "SO HAVE THE COWBOYS AND RAVENS", stop. They haven't even been close to the extent of our injuries so that argument is ridiculous. Sure, they've lost starters but in the case of the Cowboys - that defense is largely average players. Losing them isn't comparable to losing someone like Troy, Ike or Woodley.

The amount of Pro Bowl guys we've lost is beyond ridiculous and the way they've been injured is almost just as ridiculous. The shitty luck we hit every 3 years is almost like Whisenhunt cursed us with some kind of voodoo for not hiring him. This season has been marred and run off course by these injuries and the fact that we're 7 - 7 shouldn't really surprise anyone. I want someone to show me a team that loses half of it's Pro Bowl defensive roster and franchise quarterback that still controls it's own destiny for making the playoffs. I'll wait, I really will.

People need to realize that when we were 6 - 3, we were one of the best - if not the best - team in football at that time. Let's call her a mulligan, draft well and win a title next year.

Last edited by SteelersCanada; 12-18-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: I swear to god sometimes I'm dyslexic
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
fer522
ACERERO
 
fer522's Avatar
 
Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: right here
Posts: 3,047
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16190
Thanks: 2,361
Thanked 1,747 Times in 802 Posts
Default Re: This loss stung less than any to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
Why? Because it felt that one good team simply beat another.

Stupid mistakes? Geez, the Cowboys sure played perfect themselves. They woulda been up 10-0 if it wasn't for Harrisons forced fumble.

No shame in losing by 3 in OT to a solid team on the road. This wasn't NEARLY as bad as the Browns or Chargers game.

If we had won, we still would have to have beaten Cincy. Now instead of beating the Cowboys as the other game to get in, it's the Browns in Pitt.

Big deal. This team can and, mark my words, will continue on into the playoffs as usual.

I'll gladly accept any bets otherwise.
Dude you're a JOKE!!!!!
__________________
Sent from my house using my PC
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fer522 For This Useful Post:
plenewken (12-23-2012), tanda10506 (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
FrancoLambert
Head Coach
 
FrancoLambert's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: tony soprano's neighborhood
Posts: 1,741
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20827
Thanks: 1,267
Thanked 1,214 Times in 656 Posts
Default Re: This loss stung less than any to me

Quackjack's got a pair of really good Black and Gold goggles.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
steve314
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 274
Member Number: 15690
Thanks: 148
Thanked 62 Times in 37 Posts
Default Re: This loss stung less than any to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
Quackjack's got a pair of really good Black and Gold goggles.
What do you mean? Through my special B&G goggles, I see the Steelers beating the Browns next week and getting in to the playoffs, and then going on a run to the Super Bowl! I just know they'll do it somehow. I believe! Anyone who does not is just a Negative Nancy and not a real fan!
steve314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
fer522
ACERERO
 
fer522's Avatar
 
Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: right here
Posts: 3,047
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16190
Thanks: 2,361
Thanked 1,747 Times in 802 Posts
Default Re: This loss stung less than any to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve314 View Post
What do you mean? Through my special B&G goggles, I see the Steelers beating the Browns next week and getting in to the playoffs, and then going on a run to the Super Bowl! I just know they'll do it somehow. I believe! Anyone who does not is just a Negative Nancy and not a real fan!
Dude they are OUT of the playoffs!!!!!
__________________
Sent from my house using my PC
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
CTSxViper
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver PA
Posts: 152
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20864
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: This loss stung less than any to me

Steelers season is over... Check your stats
CTSxViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #17
casteeler
Assistant Coach
 
casteeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Heinz field West
Posts: 1,349
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15446
Thanks: 166
Thanked 198 Times in 141 Posts
Default Re: This loss stung less than any to me

Unreal.Someone run into the Steelers locker room and tell 'em they still have a chance
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #18
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 366 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: This loss stung less than any to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Yep, largely the same team that went 24 - 8 is average. Give me a break.

This team isn't average, but we've been ravaged by injuries. Before you say "SO HAVE THE COWBOYS AND RAVENS", stop. They haven't even been close to the extent of our injuries so that argument is ridiculous. Sure, they've lost starters but in the case of the Cowboys - that defense is largely average players. Losing them isn't comparable to losing someone like Troy, Ike or Woodley.

The amount of Pro Bowl guys we've lost is beyond ridiculous and the way they've been injured is almost just as ridiculous. The shitty luck we hit every 3 years is almost like Whisenhunt cursed us with some kind of voodoo for not hiring him. This season has been marred and run off course by these injuries and the fact that we're 7 - 7 shouldn't really surprise anyone. I want someone to show me a team that loses half of it's Pro Bowl defensive roster and franchise quarterback that still controls it's own destiny for making the playoffs. I'll wait, I really will.

People need to realize that when we were 6 - 3, we were one of the best - if not the best - team in football at that time. Let's call her a mulligan, draft well and win a title next year.
The Ravens have been just as injured or more, what the hell are you talking about? LeDarius Webb and Lewis out for the season, Ngata with a lingering injury, Suggs missing the first half and playing with one arm in the second, a bunch of O line injuries, yes they are just as injured or worse then we are.

As for the topic, it did sting less for me because I haven't been expecting us to win since losing to SD. That was a blemish on this organization. We had a chance to come out and win 4 games against teams that we were better then and our players came out like lazy asses after beating Baltimore. That could have been a huge turning point for the team, getting that big win with Batch, but instead they came out like it didn't matter. The 05 team came out after a big win and played with just as much intensity the next game, winning 8 in a row. When this team came out looking like they didn't give a damn I lost confidence in them, well that mixed with losses to Tennessee, Oakland, and Cleveland. It didn't matter either way, we weren't going to go beat Denver/Houston/NE or any combination of playoff teams like that in their house, we can't even win in ours against scrubs.
__________________
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #19
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,258
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,285
Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,979 Posts
Default Re: This loss stung less than any to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
Dude they are OUT of the playoffs!!!!!
i think he was being sarcastic
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts