Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #21
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts
Default Re: Hire Arians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I want someone to tell me again how Arians sucks so I can have a good laugh.

Arians is on his way to his SIXTH winning season in a row AND he's made the playoffs with a busload of rookies and otherwise young players.

And please don't tell me that "If he didn't have Andrew Luck..." and all that bullshit because that's just what it is: BULLSHIT!

Our offense hasn't looked this bad since...since...oh for Chrissake I can't even REMEMBER when our offense looked this bad!

Repeat after me: Haley Sucks! Not Bruce Arians - HALEY SUCKS!

We should never have gotten rid of Arians and if someone still wants to tell me that Arians sucks, then you can go fuck yourself because you're full of shit!
Arians was a terrible play caller for the Steelers. He sucked here so bad it wasn't funny.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

One thing you have to give Arians credit for - he didn't coach scared. That offense attacked. Truth be told, if he made better calls in the red zone it would have been really hard for Artie to justify firing him.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #23
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Arians was a terrible play caller for the Steelers. He sucked here so bad it wasn't funny.

ROFLMFAO!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #24
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,131 Times in 3,913 Posts

How did Bruce Arians suck? Well, for starters, he thought going into a tropical storm and letting Ben throw it 40 times in 45+ mph winds was a fantastic gameplan strategy and one that was going to bring victories.

Truth be told, everything he did here in Pittsburgh was bad. Everything. Playcalling, being too buddy-buddy with Ben and his coaching style didn't fit. Now, he's succeeding with a future hall-of-fame WR and rookie sensation - which isn't bullshit, mind you - and people are clamoring over him as if he's the reason they're winning. They're not playing for Bruce Strong - it's Chuck Strong and even with all that moment behind him, Bruce once again showed why isn't shit by getting his ass handed to him by Belichick and Brady. Sorry, elite coaches don't give up 60 points and then win awards - that's bullshit.

I should have known these threads were coming. One bad season and we all lose our shit and start pissing our pants. We're not Oakland fans here, guys. We don't rotate through coaches and lose our shit after one season - that's just not how it works. Man, I would've hated seeing these boards after Cowher went 6 - 10 and 7 - 9 in consecutive seasons.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #25
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:

ROFLMFAO!
Arians sucked here in Pittsburgh, he can go on to cure cancer, but he sucked as the playcaller for the Steelers.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #26
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Arians sucked here in Pittsburgh, he can go on to cure cancer, but he sucked as the playcaller for the Steelers.
Yeah and he had five winning seasons and two trips to the Super Bowl.
(and now he's on his way to yet another post-season appearance)

I'll take that kind of "suck" any day of the week, pal!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #27
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Yeah and he had five winning seasons and two trips to the Super Bowl.
(and now he's on his way to yet another post-season appearance)

I'll take that kind of "suck" any day of the week, pal!
and he would have won the SB against Green Bay if the Steelers hadn't gotten in his way!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #28
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Truth be told Arians did not suck near as bad as most of us thought. And while at it Haley is not as bad as the last few games have played out. Arian's offense moved the ball as well as any team in the NFL, but stalled near or at the red zone. Penalties, fumbles, interceptions, and missed assignments hurt his scoring average as much as any thing. Haley offense while conservative also suffered from miscues and execution by the players. Ultimately players shortcomings can be remedied either by replacing them or actually "coaching" them. I hate to say it but I believe Tomlin is more talk than walk and his coaches are similar. I see mental mistakes game after game, Tomlin needs to hold coaches and players accountable. In closing I have said that Haley is too conservative and defenses have locked his game plan down, first stop the run, second, take the short and intermediate passes away, and turn your front 4-5 loose against our line and force Ben into either a poor throw or a sack. Our WR corp while talented have trouble creating space against physical DBs. I think Arians is a capable OC, but I feel Haley is also and may have been hamstrung a little by management.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #29
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
How did Bruce Arians suck? Well, for starters, he thought going into a tropical storm and letting Ben throw it 40 times in 45+ mph winds was a fantastic gameplan strategy and one that was going to bring victories.

Truth be told, everything he did here in Pittsburgh was bad. Everything. Playcalling, being too buddy-buddy with Ben and his coaching style didn't fit. Now, he's succeeding with a future hall-of-fame WR and rookie sensation - which isn't bullshit, mind you - and people are clamoring over him as if he's the reason they're winning. They're not playing for Bruce Strong - it's Chuck Strong and even with all that moment behind him, Bruce once again showed why isn't shit by getting his ass handed to him by Belichick and Brady. Sorry, elite coaches don't give up 60 points and then win awards - that's bullshit.

I should have known these threads were coming. One bad season and we all lose our shit and start pissing our pants. We're not Oakland fans here, guys. We don't rotate through coaches and lose our shit after one season - that's just not how it works. Man, I would've hated seeing these boards after Cowher went 6 - 10 and 7 - 9 in consecutive seasons.
This is why it's so hard to have a serious discussion about Arians here. There are so many hyperbolic, over the top comments about him. "Everything" he did didn't suck. I'm no huge fan, he called some awful games (at Denver in 07 and Cleveland in 09) but he had his share of successes here. For one, he did a good job helping Ben out in his progression as a QB, he also helped develop a lot of mid-late round receivers into a quality starting core. Granted he had weak points, severely under utilizing Heath miller in the red zone was a big one, but he wasn't all bad. A lot of people just made up their mind to dislike him and over analyzed any and every bad thing that happened to our offense as his fault, conversely anything positive was in spite of him, not due to him... The same approach the anti-Wallace fanatics have taken.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikegrimey For This Useful Post:
FanSince72 (12-28-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #30
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
This is why it's so hard to have a serious discussion about Arians here. There are so many hyperbolic, over the top comments about him. "Everything" he did didn't suck. I'm no huge fan, he called some awful games (at Denver in 07 and Cleveland in 09) but he had his share of successes here. For one, he did a good job helping Ben out in his progression as a QB, he also helped develop a lot of mid-late round receivers into a quality starting core. Granted he had weak points, severely under utilizing Heath miller in the red zone was a big one, but he wasn't all bad. A lot of people just made up their mind to dislike him and over analyzed any and every bad thing that happened to our offense as his fault, conversely anything positive was in spite of him, not due to him... The same approach the anti-Wallace fanatics have taken.
WTH are you doing? Having an intelligent post will get you in trouble. You are suppose to grab pitchforks and join the mob outside Arians residence and burn him in effigy. Arians is like Stewart was as QB, not the best but not as bad as most would lead you to believe. 20 years from now some of the Ben bashers will tell their grankids how they watched the greatest QB in Steeler history and will forget about the last two games.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote