Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #41
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556
Default Re: Fire Tomlin

What makes matters worse concerning Tomlin is that my buddies who are fans of other teams think he is a good coach. I then have to explain how abysmal his in game decision making is. The poor use of time outs, clock management, field goal attempts, field position mind games. I honestly believe that he adds absolutely nothing to this franchise. He hasn't been able to develop the secondary and that is his bread and butter. Our drafts under him are suspect. But, all you hear from the media (and not to sound racist-but every single black commentator ever) is how great he is so of course people not in the know think he is something he is not.

For his backers, please provide even a handful of instances where his coaching was something to be praised.
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #42
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
What makes matters worse concerning Tomlin is that my buddies who are fans of other teams think he is a good coach. I then have to explain how abysmal his in game decision making is. The poor use of time outs, clock management, field goal attempts, field position mind games. I honestly believe that he adds absolutely nothing to this franchise. He hasn't been able to develop the secondary and that is his bread and butter. Our drafts under him are suspect. But, all you hear from the media (and not to sound racist-but every single black commentator ever) is how great he is so of course people not in the know think he is something he is not.

For his backers, please provide even a handful of instances where his coaching was something to be praised.
Actually the one bright spot has beem the development of the secondary. They are much improved IMO.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #43
jb500ex
Banned

Member Number: 24020

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post

you yourself answered why many want him to be a good coach. facts are hes not
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #44
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,014 Times in 424 Posts

So you guys who want to fire Tomlin...would you have fired Chuck Noll after the 1988 season? Or Bill Cowher after the 2000 season?
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #45
jb500ex
Banned

Member Number: 24020

chuck noll needed to go before he did so yes 88 would have been a good time
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #46
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
So you guys who want to fire Tomlin...would you have fired Chuck Noll after the 1988 season? Or Bill Cowher after the 2000 season?
I look at the man's eyes and his demeanor on the field. Then I look at his decision making and adjustments. I don't see much intelligence there. I just don't. When I listen to him it's even worse. I think he's an average coach at best. That is all. He has been given a yacht to captain and he's turning it into a dingy.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #47
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
What did Noll in '88 and Cower in 2000 not have that Tomlin has had? Take a look at the roster. Pro bowl/Championship players is the answer. Tomlin was handed a Superbowl quality team and has failed miserably at rebuilding. Tomlin cannot motivate or prepare this team properly week to week and this didn't start this season, I don't have the answer on a replacment coach but this team will not become the disciplined,well rounded team we all have enjoyed until some coaching changes and additude adjustments are made
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #48
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Come on guys...Im sure by now, Tomlin has accepted full responsibility for the loss. Next question...

Mike about your play calling today? Guys, I accept full responsibility for the loss. Next question.

Ironically Between Tomlin and Marvin Lewis, I can not seem to gifugre out who is actually thebigger dumbass in the game?
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #49
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Come on guys...Im sure by now, Tomlin has accepted full responsibility for the loss. Next question...

Mike about your play calling today? Guys, I accept full responsibility for the loss. Next question.

Ironically Between Tomlin and Marvin Lewis, I can not seem to gifugre out who is actually thebigger dumbass in the game?
Hey, at least he appreciates the efforts of men.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteeleReign For This Useful Post:
ZoneBlitzer (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #50
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
What did Noll in '88 and Cower in 2000 not have that Tomlin has had? Take a look at the roster. Pro bowl/Championship players is the answer. Tomlin was handed a Superbowl quality team and has failed miserably at rebuilding. Tomlin cannot motivate or prepare this team properly week to week and this didn't start this season, I don't have the answer on a replacment coach but this team will not become the disciplined,well rounded team we all have enjoyed until some coaching changes and additude adjustments are made
Yep. Bingo. I've been saying it since 2009. Players coaches don't last long in professional sports. It's unlikely Tomlin will change his stripes, so I'm afraid that the Steelers are in for a long few years. I pray that I'm wrong.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote