Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Grumpy
Default Re: Mock

When the draft was discussed earlier the team looked more promising now who knows. The Steelers need D line,CB,RB Saftey,Backup QB,WR and by the looks of it a punter. Maybe not all by draft but cleaning house doesn't look like a bad idea
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,030 Times in 963 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
When the draft was discussed earlier the team looked more promising now who knows. The Steelers need D line,CB,RB Saftey,Backup QB,WR and by the looks of it a punter. Maybe not all by draft but cleaning house doesn't look like a bad idea
CB is not a big need imo Cortez showed me that he is ready for primetime

1. Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
2. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama or best safety
3. Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia or the best rb

This would be a perfect draft
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Isn't Dion Jordan 6'7? That's a little huge to be a 3-4 OLB where having a low center of gravity is ideal. Don't get me wrong the guy is a beast, but he seems like one of those guys who's locked in as a 4-3 end and nothing else.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,350 Times in 4,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Isn't Dion Jordan 6'7? That's a little huge to be a 3-4 OLB where having a low center of gravity is ideal. Don't get me wrong the guy is a beast, but he seems like one of those guys who's locked in as a 4-3 end and nothing else.
He's 6'7 245 and runs a 4.5. I agree with you, having a smaller guy is ideal but this guy makes up for it with his strength and speed. Think Aldon Smith, but less polished. I'm usually luke-warm at best regarding prospects coming into the NFL - especially on a defense like LeBeau's - this kid could break Strahan's sack record in his second season in the NFL.

I could throw you a couple YouTube links on this kid if you want - he's going to be for real.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
He's 6'7 245 and runs a 4.5. I agree with you, having a smaller guy is ideal but this guy makes up for it with his strength and speed. Think Aldon Smith, but less polished. I'm usually luke-warm at best regarding prospects coming into the NFL - especially on a defense like LeBeau's - this kid could break Strahan's sack record in his second season in the NFL.

I could throw you a couple YouTube links on this kid if you want - he's going to be for real.
I know you and others are really high on Dion Jordan ... but the guy has 14.5 sacks at college career 4 fumble force 0 int and 2 pass deflection and 29 tackles for loss... I know he could potentially turn into a beast and what not ... but to say he'll fix the pass rush in 1 year is a bit foolish I think ... And I've watched tape and I am no where near as high on him as you are

and also while somebody like Kyle Van Noy has 20.5 sacks in 3 years ... 4 INT and 13 pass deflections ... 41 tackles for loss and 10 FF ... and can be had in a trade back scenario to gather more draft picks , and maybe even had in the 2nd round ...and our OLB aren't just asked to pass rush they are asked to drop back in coverage more then most 3-4 OLB and that's something Van Noy proved he can do along with rushing the passer

if your talking potential Yes Dion Jordan may have a higher upside ... but I think I like Van Noy more then Jordan ... not to mention Van Noy has a nack for making a big play when his team needs it
cbrunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #16
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,736 Times in 7,904 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Van Noy destroyed my brother's Aztecs. DESTROYED them.

I think that he just made another tackle.

R2?... or will he rise into R1?
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #17
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Van Noy destroyed my brother's Aztecs. DESTROYED them.

I think that he just made another tackle.

R2?... or will he rise into R1?
I'm really hoping with this serge of now picking maybe anywhere from like 12-19 think that's what I've seen a R2

But in all honestly I think he shoots up to at worst a late R1 ... the Guy is the total package ... not just a Pass rusher but is able to cover too ... and a LB that can do both like a Timmons is so valuable

R1 - Alec Ogletree
R2 - Kyle Van Noy
R3 - Bacarri Rambo

is like a dream draft for me right now ... that would give us the best coverage LB in the game and Ogletree would Allow Timmons to attack much more then he can now, since he's always dropping back in coverage

and Also I highly doubt Rambo is their in the 3rd ...almost guaranteeing he won't
cbrunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #18
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Grumpy

Maybe a little short sighted but the team seems to need offense a little more than defense but who could pass up Manti T'eo(forgive my spelling) if available..... He'd look great in Black&Gold. With how well the team does using Heath maybe Shannahan(Pitt) and a Top RB would put this team in the top 10 Offensively
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
steel-EERS
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2166

like the alec Ogletree pick, we need a stud in the middle, next need IMO is Safety if a good one is there in round 2, but it might be drafting the best available player as the best aproach if an obvious need filler isn't there at any given pick. Scouting department needs to start over achieving!