Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,559 Times in 4,092 Posts
Default Re: Off Season Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
not sure why you think we wont draft a NT in round one? we will have a HUGE hole their and our 3-4 cant work against the run without our NT demaning double teams. get a clue.

as for wallace, any team with a young QB with cap room will make an offer. Think dolphins, think rams, think cleveland, think jacksonville, think jets. lots of teams.

he was no existant this year and rarely took the top off the coverage. a full off season with Burress and our WRs dont miss a step.
I just explained to you why we won't draft one in the first round. Again, they wouldn't have kept Ta'amu if they thought they could just replace him, especially after all his legal issues. Obviously they see something in him and thought it was worth it despite the bad PR it was bringing them. We have bigger needs than NT on this defense. When McLendon is on the field, he requires two guys - Hampton doesn't anymore. We have bigger and much more pressing needs than NT - a position we have two young and explosive guys at.

Regarding Wallace - he rarely took the top off defenses because under Haley's system, he's required to run underneath routes and intermediate gains - something he isn't good at. Square peg, round hole.

I didn't mean to "put you down", but you have to look at our actual needs and who we have on our roster behind our veteran guys and see their production and potential. NT isn't a need, but OLB, ILB and FS/SS are.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Resign Wallace, Lewis, Allen, Sanders, and even Mendy if price is right. Draft LB, DE, and SS/DB in first three rounds and not necessarily in that order. We need RB, Backup QB, and a backup TE. Unless a sure fire starter at OL drops to us we should try to wait until later rounds and pick up a project. No true NT will be picked in this years draft by the Steelers.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
Penn
Starter

Member Number: 19535

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I love when people have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to draft needs and/or possible draft prospects.

We're not drafting a NT in the first round. If we thought we could replace Ta'amu in another draft, we wouldn't have put him on the practice squad after the legal issues. Second, this class is too heavily defensive favored to draft an offensive player before the fifth round. Third, we're not resigning Dwyer. Overweight and out-of-shape running backs aren't my style and they shouldn't be the Steelers' style, either. It's time to move on from Captain 3 yards per carry.

Regarding free agency, they're going to resign Wallace. I'd like for you to name a team that will give Wallace more than 10 million a year in terms of a 5 year / 50 million dollar deal. The Steelers will match it, and if any team wants to give him more than that, be my guest.
Agree completely. Who would feel comfortable with just Brown and Sanders as our tandem next year? The young fumble crew. I hate to admit it but we need Wallace

First round i want a pass rusher, be it a DE or OLB, everyone has seen enough of Ziggy Hood and Harrison may be gone unless he takes a pay cut. The fact is we get no pressure. Our secondary still had a great season despite that fact just imagine how good we could be if we got that one stud (eg JJ Watt, Geno Atkins, Ngata). I know im dreaming but still..

2nd and 3rd round need to target an ILB and a safety. Nobody knows how long troy is going to last and Clark is getting up there in digits, its time for a young guy to come in and learn under those two guys. Mundy clearly isnt the guy and Will Allen is a band aid despite the excellent season he did have.

Go after a running back in the 4th or 5th and a linebacker with the other, inside or outside doesnt matter we need depth.

Not a college ball fan so you will all have to help with me with specific players we should be looking at. That is my wish list at least

Also agree with your assessment of McLendon. He POPS when he is on the field he gets tremendous push and i feel very comfortable with him getting more snaps at NT. He should have gotten way more snaps this season to be honest
Penn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Turnover school.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #15
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I just explained to you why we won't draft one in the first round. Again, they wouldn't have kept Ta'amu if they thought they could just replace him, especially after all his legal issues. Obviously they see something in him and thought it was worth it despite the bad PR it was bringing them. We have bigger needs than NT on this defense. When McLendon is on the field, he requires two guys - Hampton doesn't anymore. We have bigger and much more pressing needs than NT - a position we have two young and explosive guys at.

Regarding Wallace - he rarely took the top off defenses because under Haley's system, he's required to run underneath routes and intermediate gains - something he isn't good at. Square peg, round hole.

I didn't mean to "put you down", but you have to look at our actual needs and who we have on our roster behind our veteran guys and see their production and potential. NT isn't a need, but OLB, ILB and FS/SS are.
i hear you but i thought they released Ta amu. McClendon isnt the answer. if he was he would be in there more than hampton was.

this offseaosn will be interesting. with out age the window is closing
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #16
Chadmagic
Team Captain

Member Number: 17433

Here is who has to go and why:

Harrison-Age/ injuries
Polamalu- Age/ injuries
Woodley- Lack of talent
Foote - age/ unprodutive
Adams - Inuries (hasn't finished any of the last 3 seasons)
Wallace- lack of talent (doesn't come back to the ball or even try to)
Mendy- lack of talent (stutter steps and dances too much)
Chadmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #17
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Harrison 5.1 million and Keisel 2.8 Million on cap savings alone, need gone.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
Terrapin
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmagic View Post
Here is who has to go and why:

Harrison-Age/ injuries
Polamalu- Age/ injuries
Woodley- Lack of talent
Foote - age/ unprodutive
Adams - Inuries (hasn't finished any of the last 3 seasons)
Wallace- lack of talent (doesn't come back to the ball or even try to)
Mendy- lack of talent (stutter steps and dances too much)
I assume you mean Colon (not Adams), and if so I agree.

Harrison is overpriced and washed up. He's gone.

Polamalu will be back, but if he misses significant time agian next year, it should be his last.

Woodley has been terrible all year, but he'll be back.

Wallace needs to be back. I hate him as much as anyone, but the Steelers need him. Brown isn't a #1 WR, and Sanders can't stay on the field.

Mendy needs to go. He's an average back and a headcase. There should be plenty of FAs comparable to him, and cheaper.
Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #19
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

I really think our #1 pick is going to be an ILB. With Foote being a FA..we definitely have a need there....even if we decide to re sign foote..he's older and not that good. With one of the highest draft picks we've had in years.. you need to get a playmaker IMO.

I'd like to see us keep Hampton...he's still playing at a high level. If we do lose Hampton then I hope we replace him in free agency. We need someone who is a proven NT.

I'd like to see a RB taken in the 2nd round.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #20
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
I really think our #1 pick is going to be an ILB. With Foote being a FA..we definitely have a need there....even if we decide to re sign foote..he's older and not that good.

I'd like to see us keep Hampton...he's still playing at a high level. If we do lose Hampton then I hope we replace him in free agency. We need someone who is a proven NT.

I'd like to see a RB taken in the 2nd round.
I would have to disagree...I believe Foote has played much better than Hampton this year!