Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

View Poll Results: Who's the Better Leader
Big Ben 23 36.51%
Terry Bradshaw 40 63.49%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #31
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552
Default Re: Who's the Better Leader?

TERRY PAXTON BRADSHAW !!!
Ben ain't no leader, he's just a follower these days, and a bad one at that.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #32
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,206 Times in 652 Posts

Can't see how anyone could vote for Ben over Terry especially after witnessing our QB self destruct the past 2 weeks.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #33
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Funny how people are talking about how great Terry is now. Back in the day, he was hated because he was the star QB. Yinzer nation never passed up a chance to diminish him - until he was gone and you realized the team couldn't win.

Same thing with Ben. Right now many of yinz are mad at him. Many of you don't want to talk about his touchdown pass to Holmes in the Super Bowl, but instead you'd rather talk about every single bad throw he's made. You'll think of him as an interception machine because of his bad game in Oakland in 2006. Many years from now, perhaps after a subpar Steelers season, you'll be talking about how great he was and how terrible some young, franchise Steelers QB is.

I think I now understand why Bradshaw stayed away from Pittsburgh for a while after he retired.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #34
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Ben would need two star seasons to be Bradshaw's towel boy.

It took Terry a while for things to slow down in front of him, and once that happened he was everything he had boasted he would be, but he wasn't boasting anymore. Bradshaw willingly grew into the position and kept growing. Bradshaw called the plays within Chuck Noll's scheme, and did it the way Chuck wanted it done. He didn't whine and cry about them not being the plays he thought were fun. He did his job he did it well, and he earned respect. I have never heard of any of the other players telling the wait staff to spit in Terry's drinks.

BR, is none of those, and the other players pretty much hate him.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #35
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
Ben would need two star seasons to be Bradshaw's towel boy.

It took Terry a while for things to slow down in front of him, and once that happened he was everything he had boasted he would be, but he wasn't boasting anymore. Bradshaw willingly grew into the position and kept growing. Bradshaw called the plays within Chuck Noll's scheme, and did it the way Chuck wanted it done. He didn't whine and cry about them not being the plays he thought were fun. He did his job he did it well, and he earned respect. I have never heard of any of the other players telling the wait staff to spit in Terry's drinks.

BR, is none of those, and the other players pretty much hate him.
jiminpa, continues to be the master of BS.

But, lets say you're right about Bradshaw. Doesn't change the fact that yinzer nation bashed him at every opportunity they could while neglecting his achievements. Some Steeler fans, deep down, whether it's Ben or Terry, want the star QB to fail so they can blame everything on him. Dimwits like you do it every time. They don't realize how silly they sound until they're QBs are Brister, O'Donnell, Stewart, or some other scrub not worth mentioning.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #36
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

I voted for Terry; I was a kid when they won those 4 SuperBowls during the 70's. A leader leads his team on the field and off of it as well. A leader sets the example; he doesn't bring unecessary controversy to the team. Ala Big Ben's comments last Sunday. In order to become a leader, one must first follow. I voted for Terry because he played the position like a natural QB; I like Big Ben and some of the things he does when he extends those plays. But you know, sometimes I think he extends the plays just 2b extending the play. You don't have to make a splash play on every down.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #37
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel95 View Post
I voted for Terry; I was a kid when they won those 4 SuperBowls during the 70's. A leader leads his team on the field and off of it as well. A leader sets the example; he doesn't bring unecessary controversy to the team. Ala Big Ben's comments last Sunday. In order to become a leader, one must first follow. I voted for Terry because he played the position like a natural QB; I like Big Ben and some of the things he does when he extends those plays. But you know, sometimes I think he extends the plays just 2b extending the play. You don't have to make a splash play on every down.
^^This.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #38
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520

You forgot to include Hines Ward on the list......he's technically also a QB, and definitely a team leader.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #39
GoFor7
Banned

And the point is missed, but you're actually proving my point by missing it in a weird way. Despite everything he accomplished, Terry was hated back then. It wasn't until after his retirement yinzers realized how good he was.

History may be repeating itself.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #40
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,112 Times in 5,950 Posts

The problem with this kind of debate: it quickly descends into political-esque theatrics. Instead of simply cheering for whom you prefer, it becomes all about mudslinging.

Let's use Superman versus Batman as an allegory.

"Superman is better, because he can fly"
"Batman is better, because he has no superpowers; just sheer will power."

[It starts off well.]

"Eff Batman!!! He's a spoiled billionaire."
"Yeah, well, Superman looks like a pansy in his colored tights."

[Hark... it unravels further...]

"Anyone who likes Batman is a dumb-ass."
"Those who like Superman are low in IQ."

[Et cetera.]

What both sides of this debate need to realize is that BOTH players are great... or, using the superhero analogy, neither one of them is Aquaman.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote