Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #161
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Official Game Goat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
Ben is a friggin player, and not the smartest player on the field either. He is not the owner. He is not the coach. He is not the franchise. He is a player. If they want him to make a few Mike Tomczyk throws, or even mostly Mike Tomczyk throws that's his job, and guess what, it's a solid strategy. He is getting paid to hand the ball off or throw it to wherever he is told to throw it, and he hasn't been doing a very good job of that lately.
Actually, yeah he kind of is. Without him, 8-8 will look like a championship season.

So bubble screens are an effective strategy? Tell me, what have they led to?

Time to come out of the 70's.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #162
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,662 Times in 2,543 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Ben gets a big lump of coal from me.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #163
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Actually, yeah he kind of is. Without him, 8-8 will look like a championship season.

So bubble screens are an effective strategy? Tell me, what have they led to?

Time to come out of the 70's.
So when he retires, or gets traded to jacksonville, or Detroit to collect a paycheck for his first two years of retirement the Steelers are going to fold up? Sell the team, Ben's gone. Yeah, no! You do realize that he led the offense to give up more points than it scored in at least three of those losses this year, and that the offense didn't look any worse with him out than it has since he came back.

He's not the franchise he is just an employee, and Steelers will be going for Lombardi's long after he's trying to trade home-burnt copies of the final drive of Superbowl 43 for free beers, and trying to convince menopausal women that he used to be a great football player, and that they should know who he is, while you are holding protest marches in Canton lobbying for his nomination to the hall of fame.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:27 AM   #164
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
So when he retires, or gets traded to jacksonville, or Detroit to collect a paycheck for his first two years of retirement the Steelers are going to fold up? Sell the team, Ben's gone. Yeah, no! You do realize that he led the offense to give up more points than it scored in at least three of those losses this year, and that the offense didn't look any worse with him out than it has since he came back.

He's not the franchise he is just an employee, and Steelers will be going for Lombardi's long after he's trying to trade home-burnt copies of the final drive of Superbowl 43 for free beers, and trying to convince menopausal women that he used to be a great football player, and that they should know who he is, while you are holding protest marches in Canton lobbying for his nomination to the hall of fame.
So how many super bowls did the Steelers win between Terry and Ben?

I don't see you post much when Ben has a good game...
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoFor7 For This Useful Post:
therocksteeler (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #165
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324

The front office needs to carry some of this load. I mean during the games this year we have all scratched our heads and thought what are they thinking by running this play, using this player?? Talent or lack there of, able to develop new leadership within team resides with their decision making at the begining of year. I only hope as a group they can right this ship without damaging our strengths and what has made us great.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #166
FacemeIke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11185

I mean, yeah, Ben played bad. He shouldn't have made that throw in the fourth quarter. But, seriously, he can only run the plays that Haley calls also, and that was some pretty $hitty play calling. Cincy loaded the box on first for the run, then expected a slow developing play action on 2nd and then we were in 3rd in 8. The offense was so predictable it was pathetic.

Not only that, but there were huge personnel issues too. Mendenhall should have been in more. There was also a play at one point where we actually attempted to throw the ball on 2nd down and heath and paulson were our wideouts. Seriously!? We've barely thrown the ball all game, wtf is Paulson taking the snap and not brown or wallace? I'm sure I missed others that were like that too. So, really, what is Ben supposed to do with that. Coaches can make quarterbacks look really bad at times, and I think thats what happened more than anything. Haley has to go.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #167
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

some of the most ridiculous comments i've ever seen.

Ben's a franchise player. Period. End of story. Guess what? Other teams have them too.

Get over it.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #168
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,467 Times in 1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
Ben gets a big lump of coal from me.
Yeah, but the sad thing is that we will never know how bad the shoulder/sternum injury hampered play.

I think he was starting to get things moving in the right direction, but injuries to Brown, Colon, Pouncey, Gilbert, Adams, Cotchery, Mendenhall and finally Ben....derailed a lot of the progress that was going on.

It was either an injured Ben or a healthy Charlie Batch. I say we start Batch this week and play for the best draft pick we can find.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #169
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yeah, but the sad thing is that we will never know how bad the shoulder/sternum injury hampered play.

I think he was starting to get things moving in the right direction, but injuries to Brown, Colon, Pouncey, Gilbert, Adams, Cotchery, Mendenhall and finally Ben....derailed a lot of the progress that was going on.

It was either an injured Ben or a healthy Charlie Batch. I say we start Batch this week and play for the best draft pick we can find.

I hear what you are saying - but no NFL team plays "for a draft pick". Especially this one. We'll be on the field to win.
Thats known as a "loser" move in the NFL, to play for a pick. We just don't do it, ever.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote