Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk
Default Next week's "Wallce and Mendy pack their sh!7" bowl

This is aimed at Wallace way more so than Mendy, but by the end of the game I want to hear the entire crowd (what's left of them) chanting "Pack your shit! Pack your Shit!"
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292
Default Re: Next week's "Wallce and Mendy pack their sh!7" bowl

Be careful for what you ask for; I agree that this all started with the firing of Bruce Arians, the hiring of Todd Haley, and the the hold out of Mike Wallace. Throw in some idiotic comments by Mendenhall, yes, I think both of them will be gone by next season. I could care less about Mendenhall, I think he is an undisciplined player, he quit on his team, get rid of him. RB's come a dime by the dozen; on the other hand, Mike Wallace? If this idiot still thinks he's worth more than the Steelers offered him, Adios Amigos!

In Wallace defense, he wasn't used in the right manner this year, too many weapons on defense for this team to perform in the manner that it did. Todd Haley? I don't think he should get the bulk of the blame, he probably will though. Besides, somebody has 2b the scapegoat. And please! If he does go, Tomlin better send Norv Turner some Roses as of Now!

I think both of these guys time in the Burgh is done.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Both will return next year. Mendenhall didn't put up the type of season that gets you a big contract elsewhere, and the team has reached out to him, which they NEVER do during the season. He'll be back.

Wallace has gone downhill the past 1.5 years. Nobody else in the league thought he was worth a #1 last year, and he has worked hard to prove them right. He'll test the waters, and sign a deal about the same as the one Brown took with us to stay here, because that's all he'll get.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,504 Times in 3,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
Both will return next year. Mendenhall didn't put up the type of season that gets you a big contract elsewhere, and the team has reached out to him, which they NEVER do during the season. He'll be back.

Wallace has gone downhill the past 1.5 years. Nobody else in the league thought he was worth a #1 last year, and he has worked hard to prove them right. He'll test the waters, and sign a deal about the same as the one Brown took with us to stay here, because that's all he'll get.
Wallace was not worth giving up a #1 pick and a big contract - someone will pay the big $$$ without having to surrender the pick at a number too high for the Steelers to meet given their other needs

Who knows with Mendenhall - I am stunned Tomlibn activated him after Mendenhall blew off teh San Diego game

With Mendenhall, Wallace and Ben being unhappy about either $$$ or a departed coach, the attitude of this team was awful all season - I am glad it ended without a blowout playoff loss
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Wallace was not worth giving up a #1 pick and a big contract - someone will pay the big $$$ without having to surrender the pick at a number too high for the Steelers to meet given their other needs

Who knows with Mendenhall - I am stunned Tomlibn activated him after Mendenhall blew off teh San Diego game

With Mendenhall, Wallace and Ben being unhappy about either $$$ or a departed coach, the attitude of this team was awful all season - I am glad it ended without a blowout playoff loss
Wallace is ranked 30th in the league. Guys like Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin are way higher. Nobody is going to offer him the money he tried to hold out for.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
Wallace is ranked 30th in the league. Guys like Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin are way higher. Nobody is going to offer him the money he tried to hold out for.
Guys like Daniel Snyder may make you end up eating those words.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Sign Wallace if feasible, do not break the bank for him. If I was the Steelers FO i would pay very close attention to his demeanor during negotiations. If he demands too much or turns surly then let him go, he will be a problem for years to come. Mendenhall is talented enough but seems to be a mental case as times. I just do not know if I want either one back for next year. I hope we strike some gold in the upcoming draft.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Sign Wallace if feasible, do not break the bank for him. If I was the Steelers FO i would pay very close attention to his demeanor during negotiations. If he demands too much or turns surly then let him go, he will be a problem for years to come. Mendenhall is talented enough but seems to be a mental case as times. I just do not know if I want either one back for next year. I hope we strike some gold in the upcoming draft.
With Mendenhall, it's time to part ways. You can tell he really needs a fresh start elsewhere.

With Wallace, I'd give it another chance and actually use his properly next year. He's not a dink-and-dunk receiver, he's a vertical threat. While he's more than a one-trick pony, sending him only 10 yards down field on most plays isn't what he's good at.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
the steelers already know how money mike is during negotiations.
i wouldnt even make him an offer. money mike's agent would have to make the first move and come up with a dollar amount, the steelers should simply say yes or no.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #10
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
With Mendenhall, it's time to part ways. You can tell he really needs a fresh start elsewhere.

With Wallace, I'd give it another chance and actually use his properly next year. He's not a dink-and-dunk receiver, he's a vertical threat. While he's more than a one-trick pony, sending him only 10 yards down field on most plays isn't what he's good at.
Agreed, if you have a Caddy and use it like a Pinto,then thats what you'll get. Wallace will be fine playing in the burgh or else where next season. Some folks don't want to admit it but the offensive scheme sucked this year and the same ones complaining about Arians' scheme are the ones blaming the players for not producing in either system.

Shit rolls down hill. Bad, predictable schemes yield bad results. Players don't call play, they just run them. If the fans treat Mike with disdain, what are they gonna do for Ben and others on the offensive side of the ball?
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote