Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111
Default Re: Madden: Ben's at fault, but he's not the only one

Imagine if Ben had Stallworth & Swan, you would here his name on a constant basis with Brady&Manning.
Cotchery is the best WR we have and he's being held back, its been a shame.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #12
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

Ben has always been an accurate passer. Usually top 5, and many times top 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
It's not only the INT, it's numerous under throws or over throws. I'm not saying the blame lies only on Ben's shoulders, but when Wallace or Brown have to stop running (or worse, go back) to catch a pass, their speed means sh*t.
Ben has never been an accurate passer, so let's design plays that leverage his strengths not his weaknesses.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
kwpit79
Water Boy

Member Number: 16028

Quote:
Ben has never been an accurate passer, so let's design plays that leverage his strengths not his weaknesses.
Sorry, but you're wrong. He wasn't at his best the past two weeks, but saying he's not accurate in general is beyond incorrect. Did you know Ben has the same career completion percentage as Joe Montana? And you know what? They have the same net yards per attempt too (adjusted yards per attempt Ben dominates all of the all-time greats).

What that means is that even though he doesn't dink-and-dunk like most QBs (Brady, Manning) his completion percentage is right up there with them - that's pretty amazing. And it also means he's clearly accurate.

I love the Steelers but I'm tired of the fans. Every loss is the end of the world. We're soft and spoiled as a fanbase in general. Every team has down years/rebuilding years.
kwpit79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #14
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

You guys believe what you want about Ben. I believe he's not an accurate passer, neither in the pocket nor outside the pocket. His wobbly ball isn't the easiest to catch, even when it has the distance.
He's a scrambler./gunslinger, not the high completion % kinda guy. He can make something happen out of nothing but can also make nothing happen out of something.

It's my opinion and I'm not asking you to agree with it.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plenewken For This Useful Post:
4xSBChamps (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #15
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

You can have your opinion, sure. But look it at his stats. He is an accurate passer, Just look at his third down stats from this year. He is up there with the best of them. In fact, he was leading the league in third downs.

Check this stat page: http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?...Four=Tom+Brady

It compares QB stats between Ben, Brees, Flacco, and Brady. Guess what, he is tied with Brady for for 1st in completion percentage. I don't know how you could argue with that?

Quote:
You guys believe what you want about Ben. I believe he's not an accurate passer, neither in the pocket nor outside the pocket. His wobbly ball isn't the easiest to catch, even when it has the distance.
He's a scrambler./gunslinger, not the high completion % kinda guy. He can make something happen out of nothing but can also make nothing happen out of something.

Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Twentyvalve For This Useful Post:
ZoneBlitzer (12-25-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVABE View Post
Imagine if Ben had Stallworth & Swan, you would here his name on a constant basis with Brady&Manning.
Cotchery is the best WR we have and he's being held back, its been a shame.
Even if he did have Swann and Stallworth, he would still underthrow or overthrow him. It's time people start smelling the smoke; Big Ben is the Franchise QB, he has done a lot of great things for the Organization and the City of Pittsburgh. But he isn't even in the same league as Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, or Aaron Rodgers. Like it or not! He breaks down the play too often when the play doesn't even need to be broke down; people that is a major problem for this team.

However, in his defense, this guy has a pathetic O/L. Ramon Foster and Marcus Gilbert are punks! Those guys are weak; Willie Colon is too injury prone. It's time to go out and get some quality O/L help to support the QB and the running game. It's time #7 starts hitting the open receiver and just taking what the Defense gives them.

Mike Tomlin's Demeanor on the sideline? Fix It Coach!!!!!
Stop smiling and joking with your players after they make mistakes, hold their A$$ to the fire, get in their faces when they do that. Ryan Clark, Brett Kiesel and James Harrison are fed up with his demeanor. They see the lack of preparation from players on that team.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
You can have your opinion, sure. But look it at his stats. He is an accurate passer, Just look at his third down stats from this year. He is up there with the best of them. In fact, he was leading the league in third downs.
OK, I stand corrected. I give you meaningless accuracy then, and you give me meaningful accuracy, I mean, when and where accuracy matters.
A 5yd pass completed 60 yards from the opponent's end zone means sh*t to me. An INT in the first 2mn of a game means sh*t to me compared to an INT when the game is on the line.

What I look at is nb of passing TDs and Ben has 23 for the season vs. 39 for Brees, 35 for Rodgers, 34 for Manning and 31 for Brady. I don't have time to look at previous seasons but I'm 100% certain he's behind the same guys.

Is Ben a scoring machine? Nope.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #18
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:

You most welcome to your opinion, but do not complain when people disagree with you.

Ben has not played well since he came back, but before that, he was having an MVP type season. The Steelers were amazing on third down cause of him, he was very accurate with the ball.

I think the injury is hurting him more than what he is leading on, which might be a first for Big Ben. He usually exaggerates his injuries.

I also have a theory (a bit of a joke though) that since his child was born, he does not get much sleep. Its a bit of hyperbole.

This team has talent, I think that our Oline will be set for the next few years; beachum has played pretty well for a 7th round rookie, and even though Decastros second game back was a disaster of sorts, I think he will be fine.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #19
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

All you got to do is look back at his posts from years back and you will find that he is not a fan of Ben, although who we replace him with I would like to know.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #20
kwpit79
Water Boy

Member Number: 16028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
All you got to do is look back at his posts from years back and you will find that he is not a fan of Ben, although who we replace him with I would like to know.
That's the issue. One has to realize that even if he's not a top 3 QB he's a top 6 QB for sure. There are at least 20 teams who would kill to have him as their QB.

Let's say we want to improve the QB position. What are the odds of us getting a top 5 QB in the draft the next few years, even spending a first round pick on one? HIGHLY UNLIKELY. And then we'd be waisting draft resources trying to slightly improve one position when we hvae glaring needs on many other positions.
kwpit79 is offline   Reply With Quote