Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Next week's "Wallce and Mendy pack their sh!7" bowl

Only sign Wallace if the money is right.

Mendy, on the other hand, pack his shit and show him the door. We need to draft someone at HB.

Steelers, Heat, Caps, Nats, Kevin Harvick #4
The_Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #12
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Agreed, if you have a Caddy and use it like a Pinto,then thats what you'll get. Wallace will be fine playing in the burgh or else where next season. Some folks don't want to admit it but the offensive scheme sucked this year and the same ones complaining about Arians' scheme are the ones blaming the players for not producing in either system.

Shit rolls down hill. Bad, predictable schemes yield bad results. Players don't call play, they just run them. If the fans treat Mike with disdain, what are they gonna do for Ben and others on the offensive side of the ball?
wallace, according to alot of fans that wanted to give him 10+ at the beginnig of the season, stated that he was an all around great wr. he should have had no problem putting up big numbers this year if that was the case. he has been targeted more this year than any other.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
wallace, according to alot of fans that wanted to give him 10+ at the beginnig of the season, stated that he was an all around great wr. he should have had no problem putting up big numbers this year if that was the case. he has been targeted more this year than any other.
And you actually believe that bullshit you just typed Don't you? C'mon man get real. Haley's offense sucked this year and so did our ability to score.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
And you actually believe that bullshit you just typed Don't you? C'mon man get real. Haley's offense sucked this year and so did our ability to score.
Haley's offense was starting to click until Ben the KC game, when Ben got hurt. It never got back on track from that point on.
Receivers dropped balls and fumbled far too often to have the sustained drives needed to make this offense work.
2 things the offense was doing that it never did under Arians was keep Ben upright and use Heath Miller as a receiving threat.
There were 2 turning points for this season. The Cincy game in October had things heading in the right direction and then the KC game and Ben's injury turned in back downward. We were surviving all of the other injuries, but losing Ben and the fact that he is never right when he comes back was the death blow for this team this year.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Haley's offense was starting to click until Ben the KC game, when Ben got hurt. It never got back on track from that point on.
Receivers dropped balls and fumbled far too often to have the sustained drives needed to make this offense work.
2 things the offense was doing that it never did under Arians was keep Ben upright and use Heath Miller as a receiving threat.
There were 2 turning points for this season. The Cincy game in October had things heading in the right direction and then the KC game and Ben's injury turned in back downward. We were surviving all of the other injuries, but losing Ben and the fact that he is never right when he comes back was the death blow for this team this year.
Maybe those 3 games were flukes...
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
Both will return next year. Mendenhall didn't put up the type of season that gets you a big contract elsewhere, and the team has reached out to him, which they NEVER do during the season. He'll be back.

Wallace has gone downhill the past 1.5 years. Nobody else in the league thought he was worth a #1 last year, and he has worked hard to prove them right. He'll test the waters, and sign a deal about the same as the one Brown took with us to stay here, because that's all he'll get.

I'm on the fence about the team's bringing back Mendenhall. That one could easily go either way - i'd probably lean toward the team letting him go if i had to guess.

As for Wallace : won't be back. Gone.
Ranking receivers doesn't matter a bit. Plenty of teams throughout the NFL spend recklessly : and they will continue to do so. He'll have NO problem getting a big contract, a bigger one than he'd ever get here.
Whether he's not the perfect fit here, or whether Haley's system doesn't cater to him to the utmost degree - we can all argue that til the cows come home.
Bottom line : its not a great fit and we now have TONS - and tons - and tons of money we need to spend elsewhere.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #17
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
I'm on the fence about the team's bringing back Mendenhall. That one could easily go either way - i'd probably lean toward the team letting him go if i had to guess.

As for Wallace : won't be back. Gone.
Ranking receivers doesn't matter a bit. Plenty of teams throughout the NFL spend recklessly : and they will continue to do so. He'll have NO problem getting a big contract, a bigger one than he'd ever get here.
Whether he's not the perfect fit here, or whether Haley's system doesn't cater to him to the utmost degree - we can all argue that til the cows come home.
Bottom line : its not a great fit and we now have TONS - and tons - and tons of money we need to spend elsewhere.
That's a really good point. No matter what ppl think of Wallace, and even if the team wants to keep him, they haven't been know to keep a lot of highly paid WR's together for long.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
LLoyd&Greene
Water Boy

Member Number: 24665

I think that Wallace is a lot more important than Mendenhall. Brown isn't a #1 he's a #2 receiver, and Sanders certainly isn't a #2 he's a slot guy at best. Wallace hasn't done much to impress me this season but it would be scary to go into next season with those 2 guys at the top of the wr depth chart.
LLoyd&Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #19
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

I'm happy to see Wallace back at the right price. Probably not gonna happen though, someone will overpay for the one trick pony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Wallace was not worth giving up a #1 pick and a big contract - someone will pay the big $$$ without having to surrender the pick at a number too high for the Steelers to meet given their other needs

Who knows with Mendenhall - I am stunned Tomlibn activated him after Mendenhall blew off teh San Diego game

With Mendenhall, Wallace and Ben being unhappy about either $$$ or a departed coach, the attitude of this team was awful all season - I am glad it ended without a blowout playoff loss
That's because the standard is the standard except when it's not. I think we can all acknowledge that.

Please please please don't bring back this fumbling fool.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #20
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Water Boy

Member Number: 24488

Mendenhall won't get a big contract, so if he's cheap enough I'd be in favor of bringing him back.

Wallace, I don't know. If the FA crop was better I'd be more reluctant to letting him walk, but outside of Dwayne Bowe, I don't really like anyone. Although it seemed like Wallace didn't really want to be here this season...I don't know I just got that vibe. Like he was still sore from us not paying up last offseason.
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala is offline   Reply With Quote