Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #31
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Big Ben Comebacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Not prior to 2008. He has been pretty clutch from the beginning (except the 05 SB) up until the 2010 SB loss. Before that SB he was magnificent, some where saying possibly the most clutch QB of all time, but since that SB loss he has failed every attempt he has had. I too am losing quite a bit of confidence. This year he did more then just not winning the game at the end, 3 times he sealed the deal for the opponent (Denver, Dallas, today).
I may be wrong (will not be first time) but I believe after the 2008 season, we had the collapse of 2009. That year the Defense cost the Steelers several wins with 4th quarter meltdowns. I also think Ben had at least 3 Comebacks negated that year. I read somewhere that even as good as our defense has been for years the defense has cost Ben 20 more Comebacks with late scores by the opposition.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #32
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Someone mentioned that our WR are not getting open, I for one noticed that the Bengal DB were playing tight and our Wr got no separation. They seem to struggle getting off the line when played this way. A lot went wrong this year, injuries, penalities, turnovers, and up to yesterday a lack of creating TOs. Last years team suffered from pretty much the same, but last year it was Arians fault. Not the blame has to fall somewhere, so now its Ben, Haley, and/or Tomlin.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #33
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,252 Times in 525 Posts

I really don't give a shit. Give me Ben over ANY in the league. This entire offense was bailed out by Ben 100X fucking over all season. The offense got so inconsistent that Ben needed to play on pins and needles. 1 mistake cost them the game because nobody ever elevated their play around him (Heath Miller excluded!)

How did everybody respond from their QB returning against S.D? By getting him fuckin KILLED and dropping pass after pass downfield. All you Ben haters make me sick to my goddamn stomach. Yes, the past 2 he threw the bad interception but trust me, this team was done all the way back in September when we couldn't stop Matt fucking Hasselback or Carson Palmer in the 4th QRT!!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #34
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
disagree. the defense was a no show vs denver and dallas this year and ben was having very good success. when he had the ball with the chance to win or OT he turned the ball over.

same in super bowl 45 for that matter.

when was he handcuffed? example?
Well, you cannot win all close games (we lost five by three this year). And the last two weeks, he did throw the game away, but he is still clutch (look at @giants, and against the Eagles, the two best examples this year). I do believe that he has not recovered from his injury and that is affecting him, but most people will disagree with me.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #35
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Ben wasn't handcuffed at all buddy. Some of you people dig deep and still cone up with pathetic excuses as.yo why your god couldn't put up more than 6 points against an average team.

Ben can't hit anyone in stride, he's too stupid to read defenses, his ability to properly throw the ball when a WR makes his cut to create seperation from a DB is at a minimal. Yesterday's game Ben wouldn't even wait 2 seconds.before scrambling to play backyard football. And it wasn't because he was under pressure. It was because he either lacks confidence in threading the needle or he is too dumb to process what's going on and can't hit a receiver unless he's wide open. The first half of the season I was snappy with Ben's transformation cause he was starting to show everything I thought he was incapable of doing. But starting the week before the Giants game I noticed Ben was changing back to his old tendencies. Forcing th ball, holding. on to the ball, ditching the quick passes, and making bad decisions. I think Ben's play of the second half of the season was 30% of why we failed this season. I honestly think that Batch would have had more productive game than Ben yesterday. Ben surely needs.to work on the mental aspects of the game because In A season or two his physical magic will be gone. Benhas had some memorable clutch moments throughout his career but he has many more failures than victories. I don't have faith in Ben anymore, and I haven't for 4 seAsons when it cones down to him scoring on a last minute drive. Out team has way to much talent for us to be losing games by 6 points or less 3 times a season every season. Especially against the bottom feeder teams that We should be putting away before halftime. Tomlin needs to get his fucking shit together and get this team polished up again. The league don't fear us, and they haven't since 2007/08. It's been said here a thousand times but it is absolutely 100% true. Tomlin was handed the best team in the NFL and every season we are doing worst and worst. The ONLY thing keeping this team competitive is Dick Lebeaus defense. I am praying and you all should be too that this legend does not retire or leave our organization. Once our defense becomes average or less than average we will be a perennial .500 team at best until we have a competent head coach, or a non selfish true team player QB that is cerebral enough to read defenses and release the ball the moment the receiver is breaking so the receiver can catch in stride and maximize the yardage every play. Bens inability to read defenses and release the ball correctly is the reason why our o line is consistently rattled with injuries. Play after play of extended blocking and consistently switching directions to keep up with and protect Ben, results in tired, and physically and mentally stressed men that dramatically raises the risk of injury and poor o line play that can't even open holes for a RB. As exciting as Ben is to watch and as much grit Ben has that makes him a true tough steeler that we all love, I strongly feel Bens hurting the team as much as he helps it. in order for Ben to stay competitive and not fade out into retirement he Really has to work on his mental aspects of being a quarterback in the NFL. Maybe when Peyton is done playing in the superbowl this year, Ben can spend the off-season learning with greatness to see if some of that motivation and discipline rubs off into Ben and helps make him a better qb for the last third of Ben's career.
plenewken (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #36
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,143 Times in 1,017 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed

Peyton Manning greatness? maybe in the regular season...

Peyton is not the same Peyton when it comes to playoff time he chokes every year, and Ben was doing fine early this year, it just wasn't our year. Ben > Peyton

Anybody who wants to hate on Ben just jump on another team's bandwagon, cause he'll be here until he retires.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #37
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

9l
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Peyton Manning greatness? maybe in the regular season...

Peyton is not the same Peyton when it comes to playoff time he chokes every year, and Ben was doing fine early this year, it just wasn't our year. Ben > Peyton

Anybody who wants to hate on Ben just jump on another team's bandwagon, cause he'll be here until he retires.
Ben > Peyton...... Lol! You are a fool. Congrats, you have written The most incorrect post I've ever read on this site.

Peyton never had a defense to bail him out if he couldn't carry the game on his own shoulders like hes been doing EVERY game his whole career. now that he has a defense watch out. Peyton dont need to extend plays with his legs because he is intelligent and reads defenses like a OC and gets rid of the ball exactly where it needs to be,
when it needs to be there. The man takes a season off from playing, re strengthens his damaged nerves, learns to get in sync with a new unit of receivers and is still deservedly going to the pro bowl, a TRUE NOMINEE for MVP and comeback player of the year. Let me repeat myself, You are a fool.

Only reason why Ben was in the pro bowl last season was because Peyton wasn't playing from injury.

Wanna talk about playing well in the playoffs? If Van Olhoffen didn't injure Palmer playing against us, we probably wouldn't even made it to the big game. Speaking of which, Go rewatch the Seahawks superbowl. Ben was embarrassing as a qb and weather you like it or not, was totally bailed out by the officials that game. Ben blew the superbowl against the packers too. Ben played desperate and like shit against the Broncos last session ad well.

If lebeau retires, wait and see Ben's win %, and below average td. Passes per season plummet, and when we are down 14 points at the end of the first quarter every week, watch Bens desperation, and lack of discipline get the best of him again. Int, punt punt, int, punt punt. Seriously. We will be in trouble if we lose our biggest strength.... Dick Lebeau. Ben better smarten up, and stop blaming Haley cause Ben's stuck in the past and doesn't want to learn and push himself to remain competitive....
plenewken (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #38
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
9l

Ben > Peyton...... Lol! You are a fool. Congrats, you have written The most incorrect post I've ever read on this site.

Peyton never had a defense to bail him out if he couldn't carry the game on his own shoulders like hes been doing EVERY game his whole career. now that he has a defense watch out. Peyton dont need to extend plays with his legs because he is intelligent and reads defenses like a OC and gets rid of the ball exactly where it needs to be,
when it needs to be there. The man takes a season off from playing, re strengthens his damaged nerves, learns to get in sync with a new unit of receivers and is still deservedly going to the pro bowl, a TRUE NOMINEE for MVP and comeback player of the year. Let me repeat myself, You are a fool.

Only reason why Ben was in the pro bowl last season was because Peyton wasn't playing from injury.

Wanna talk about playing well in the playoffs? If Van Olhoffen didn't injure Palmer playing against us, we probably wouldn't even made it to the big game. Speaking of which, Go rewatch the Seahawks superbowl. Ben was embarrassing as a qb and weather you like it or not, was totally bailed out by the officials that game. Ben blew the superbowl against the packers too. Ben played desperate and like shit against the Broncos last session ad well.

If lebeau retires, wait and see Ben's win %, and below average td. Passes per season plummet, and when we are down 14 points at the end of the first quarter every week, watch Bens desperation, and lack of discipline get the best of him again. Int, punt punt, int, punt punt. Seriously. We will be in trouble if we lose our biggest strength.... Dick Lebeau. Ben better smarten up, and stop blaming Haley cause Ben's stuck in the past and doesn't want to learn and push himself to remain competitive....
That almost sounds like wishful thinking.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #39
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Ben plain old sucked since the KC game. He was having a great year and that game along with the injury ended the momentum. I'm in his corner and have faith that he'll come back strong next year, but he cost us big time in our last 2 "must win" games. Big picks in our end late in a close game will get you beat quick and it did. Those are spots where top 5 franchise QB's get you over the hump and he didn't. Plain and simple. The defense was great yesterday and we didn't get it done on offense. That's on the QB. He was weak yesterday. He took sacks he didn't need to take. He missed throws that were open. Then he made the fatal error at the end.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #40
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
That almost sounds like wishful thinking.
Only thing I wish for is that Ben grows up, genuinely takes responsibility, studies and practices his butt off to go to his next skill level. I wish that Manning wins the super bowl this year, and I wish that mike tomlin gains a set of balls, loses his heart and makes ruthless but necessary decisions to improve the team. I hope tomlin pushes all of our men so we don't give away 4 easy win games next season. I wish that we dominate average and sub average teams like a great team is supposed to. I wish that board members like you cab read criticism for once and accept that the majority of it is true, and not try to attack the poster cause he or she ain't a blind fan boy who can't admit that our team, is on the downside and changes must be made now before our team is in a full recession that will take a full decade of 8-8 seasons to recover from.

I also with you a merry X-Mas. Enjoy watching the Ravens in the playoffs again this seAson and not us, cause our team can't do wrong and are 100% perfect, starting from the grounds crew and all the way up to ownership.