Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #21
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Next week's "Wallce and Mendy pack their sh!7" bowl

he needs 164 yards next game to break the 1000 yard mark. SAD
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #22
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Haley's offense was starting to click until Ben the KC game, when Ben got hurt. It never got back on track from that point on.
Receivers dropped balls and fumbled far too often to have the sustained drives needed to make this offense work.
2 things the offense was doing that it never did under Arians was keep Ben upright and use Heath Miller as a receiving threat.
There were 2 turning points for this season. The Cincy game in October had things heading in the right direction and then the KC game and Ben's injury turned in back downward. We were surviving all of the other injuries, but losing Ben and the fact that he is never right when he comes back was the death blow for this team this year.
Okay, I'll seek to understand your logic. Offense was clicking with Dink and Dunk, and D&D kept Ben upright. Then how the F did he get hurt?

The D&D used Miller as a receiving threat. That's fine but any team that has a TE leading in receiving yards with the WR corp we have is not using the WRs properly. Both AB and MW had over 1000 yds last year and we finished 12 - 4, with an ailing Ben.

Ben was never right when he came baqck? Sounds like an excuse to me. If he wasn't ready to play, I didn't see it. What I saw was a few key bad decisions with game on the line. I can't make this shit up man.

I'll give you the fact that the WRs dropped some balls and some folks fumbled away a few but Haley's inept O realy screwed us this year. 1st down - Run; 2nd down - Run; 3rd down pass is a disaster waiting to happen. D&D just won't get it done.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #23
pittpete
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5301

I think the Steelers should give Wallace whatever he wants.
This offense could absolutely never be able to fire on all cylinders without him.
Wallace is the piece of the missing puzzle on offense this year.
Oh wait, he was in the offense all year.
Sarcasm OFF
Old 12-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #24
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

6.98345 yards at time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
he needs 164 yards next game to break the 1000 yard mark. SAD
Twentyvalve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #25
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,038 Times in 546 Posts

Trade Mendy and Wallace for fitz. Arizona needs a receiver and RB now that beanie wells is leaving.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #26
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

You have got to wonder about Wallace's attitude. When the Steelers hired Todd Haley, he was one of the first to speak out in the media about how the new offense was going to spell doom for the Steelers, and hurt his style of play. Then, he held out. Then, he dropped numerous passes during the season. Then, he spoke out again, saying that he loses focus when they don't throw the ball to him. To add to everything, Mike Wallace is, pretty much, a one-dimensional receiver. Mike Tomlin called him a "one-trick pony." Whether the Steelers retain Todd Haley as Offensive Coordinator, or not, I'd be surprised if they keep Mike Wallace. He's outta here. If the Mike Wallace from 60 Minutes was still alive, I'd rather have him on the team than this Mike Wallace.
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #27
SteelBobbleHead
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18077

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Haley's offense was starting to click until Ben the KC game, when Ben got hurt. It never got back on track from that point on.
Receivers dropped balls and fumbled far too often to have the sustained drives needed to make this offense work.
2 things the offense was doing that it never did under Arians was keep Ben upright and use Heath Miller as a receiving threat.
There were 2 turning points for this season. The Cincy game in October had things heading in the right direction and then the KC game and Ben's injury turned in back downward. We were surviving all of the other injuries, but losing Ben and the fact that he is never right when he comes back was the death blow for this team this year.
The offense wasn't clicking in the KC game before Ben got hurt and hasn't clicked since. I'll agree with you that Haley's scheme better utilized Heath and kept Ben upright but it did not play to the strengths of the receivers. The receivers all are fast (Brown and Sanders use quickness and precise routes) and ae good at getting deep where they play against guys their size. They do not do well taking a beating from LBers, hence the fumbling issues. Haley's scheme worked well for receivers like Boldin and Fitz, not so much for our guys.
I say the only way you keep Wallace is #1) if you are going to play to his strengths. 10 yard routes are not his strength. #2) you don't have to break the bank to keep him. He is a wasted signing, regardless of what you get him for, if you do not allow him to do what he does best.
Mendy is a head scratcher. He ran with purpose the last game. IMO he is too indecisive a runner. Add a bad attitude to that and I think you move on. This team needs leaders, not locker room cancers.
SteelBobbleHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #28
SteelerJay
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16041

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Agreed, if you have a Caddy and use it like a Pinto,then thats what you'll get. Wallace will be fine playing in the burgh or else where next season. Some folks don't want to admit it but the offensive scheme sucked this year and the same ones complaining about Arians' scheme are the ones blaming the players for not producing in either system.

Shit rolls down hill. Bad, predictable schemes yield bad results. Players don't call play, they just run them. If the fans treat Mike with disdain, what are they gonna do for Ben and others on the offensive side of the ball?
You, Sir, are blessed with sound reasoning. Merry Christmas. Exactly my sentiments.
Mendy had a serious injury, should not have been deactivated after those fumbles. How many times did Antonio Brown screw up, and was he benched?
SteelerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #29
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
And you actually believe that bullshit you just typed Don't you? C'mon man get real. Haley's offense sucked this year and so did our ability to score.
apparently you have no idea howe easy it is to look up some stas and make you look stupid.
last year under your boyy brucey, the steelers averaghed 20.3 points per game
this year under haley(first year implementing new offense) the steelers averaged 20.8 points per game.
20.8 is actuallu higher than 20.3, by the way.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #30
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
apparently you have no idea howe easy it is to look up some stas and make you look stupid.
last year under your boyy brucey, the steelers averaghed 20.3 points per game
this year under haley(first year implementing new offense) the steelers averaged 20.8 points per game.
20.8 is actuallu higher than 20.3, by the way.
Fitst I could personally care less than a fuck about Bruce or Todd, I just compared them based on some of you folks' logic. Stop trying to hurl insults and stick to the facts. We were 12 - 4 last year vs 7 - 8? this year. I'm looking at Ws and Ls. Dink and Dunk doesn't match the personnel we have on the team..
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote