Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: So Harrison is allowed to criticize coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
James Harrison?
Who is this guy you speak of?
I thought he was on IR or something. I don't remember hearing his name called this year.
James Harrison is the best OLB the Steelers have ever had.

Now you know.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #12
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Everyone crucified Ben for the comments after the Dallas game, but here's what Harrison said:

http://sulia.com/channel/cincinnati-...source=twitter

I expect several threads about how Harrison has an ego now.
What's wrong with his comments? He didn't make it personal to any one coach. When a team expected to make a super bowl run but is 7-8, there is blame to spread to players, coaches and front office.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
What's wrong with his comments? He didn't make it personal to any one coach. When a team expected to make a super bowl run but is 7-8, there is blame to spread to players, coaches and front office.
This is the response I figured this would get. If it's anybody besides the star QB, it's okay. Being a hard-hitting linebacker makes it even better!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #14
LLoyd&Greene
Water Boy

Member Number: 24665

Quote:
Because in Pittsburgh, it's only bad when the star QB does it. Anyone else and it's swept under the rug. Which is odd, because his comments can be taken as a shot at LeBeau.
Why would you take that as a shot at Lebeau when everyone knows that the offense is the part of the team that underachieved? To me that was an obvious shot at Haley and the offense. The offense has guys capable of making plays all over the place, yet they just couldn't get it together for an extended amount of time. I know people seem to think that the offense was rolling until Ben got hurt, but that's only in comparison to how they looked while he was out and when he came back. The reality is that the offense underachieved all year. Even before Ben got hurt they had left a ton of points on the field. Harrison was getting at Haley here imo.
LLoyd&Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd&Greene View Post
Why would you take that as a shot at Lebeau when everyone knows that the offense is the part of the team that underachieved? To me that was an obvious shot at Haley and the offense. The offense has guys capable of making plays all over the place, yet they just couldn't get it together for an extended amount of time. I know people seem to think that the offense was rolling until Ben got hurt, but that's only in comparison to how they looked while he was out and when he came back. The reality is that the offense underachieved all year. Even before Ben got hurt they had left a ton of points on the field. Harrison was getting at Haley here imo.
Then why didn't he just say it's the offense's fault? He hasn't been shy about it in the past.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #16
LLoyd&Greene
Water Boy

Quote:
Then why didn't he just say it's the offense's fault? He hasn't been shy about it in the past.
I don't know, I'm not James Harrison. I assume that he didn't just come out and throw the offense under the bus because he's smarter than that. Harrison criticized everybody so that the media couldn't nitpick and use his comment to try and divide the team. If only Ben was as smart.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd&Greene View Post
I don't know, I'm not James Harrison. I assume that he didn't just come out and throw the offense under the bus because he's smarter than that. Harrison criticized everybody so that the media couldn't nitpick and use his comment to try and divide the team. If only Ben was as smart.
The Offense underachieved? Uh...

How many 4th Quarter leads did this Defense give up?
The Defense gave up 34, 26, and 34 to the worst teams/offenses in the league.

The Defense played well for a few games and then was the same roll of the dice as the offense. Just because they showed up 4-5 games does not make them awesome. Stats we got'em. Wins we don't. Look up that 4th Quarter leads. I remember them all.

BTW- Overall the Defense played way better but I'm pretty sure he meant the coaching was suspect all year. They were never in synch. 50% of the team didn't show up each game (whether it be offense of defense) and the OFF & DEF took 4 or 5 complete games off this year. (i.e. they didn't even get off the bus)
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #18
SteelBobbleHead
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18077

Quote:
Everyone crucified Ben for the comments after the Dallas game, but here's what Harrison said:

http://sulia.com/channel/cincinnati-...source=twitter

I expect several threads about how Harrison has an ego now.
I say the same thing to this that I said about the Ben comments.......seriously? You want to make a big deal about this?
He didn't say anything that wasn't true or anything that hasn't already come out of Tomlin's mouth. Tomlin has said this after numerous games. He didn;t single anyone out, he said everyone has to collectively do a better job. If I'm not mistaken it is the coach's job to put players in a position to make plays and the players job to make those plays. If you lose the game there was obviously areas that could have been improved.

Going to be a looooong offseason
SteelBobbleHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #19
LLoyd&Greene
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
The Offense underachieved? Uh...

How many 4th Quarter leads did this Defense give up?
The Defense gave up 34, 26, and 34 to the worst teams/offenses in the league.

The Defense played well for a few games and then was the same roll of the dice as the offense. Just because they showed up 4-5 games does not make them awesome. Stats we got'em. Wins we don't. Look up that 4th Quarter leads. I remember them all.

BTW- Overall the Defense played way better but I'm pretty sure he meant the coaching was suspect all year. They were never in synch. 50% of the team didn't show up each game (whether it be offense of defense) and the OFF & DEF took 4 or 5 complete games off this year. (i.e. they didn't even get off the bus)
Yes, the offense underachieved all year. You can't just list points that opposing teams scored as if the they're all on the defense. Not even counting turnovers, the offense set up a lot of points for the opposing team simply by being so inept. Turnovers, constant 3 and outs, squandering good field position, and giving the other team good field position all played apart in the scores that you just listed. Did you not watch the games in favor of just reading the stats? The defense played much better than the offense did this year. The defense overachieved while the offense underachieved.
The Following User Says Thank You to LLoyd&Greene For This Useful Post:
plenewken (12-25-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #20
gameface75
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
well what he says is true, they need to do a better job all around

teams with good players + good coaching do not go 8-8
Good coaches and consistency in play on the field is what makes a champion ,I have yet to see any form of consistentcy from the players ,except a few ( Heath Miller) and the coaches.
gameface75 is offline   Reply With Quote