Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #31
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: Madden: Ben's at fault, but he's not the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Brees
RG3
Luck
Wilson
Manning

I would wager every team would take the above over Ben

Tannehill
Kaepernick
Cutler

three more that you could argue teams would take over Ben

Dalton
Rivers

maybe a few but I wouldn't.

I put Ben as a for sure top 15 QB with potential for top 5 if he would work harder at his craft. He needs to work within an offense. Prepare better and please go to the gym and actually try to make your body stronger and more fit. You'd think he'd hit the weights and try to improve those girly arms of his. That right there bothers me to no end. It proves to me he has no desire to make himself the best he can be. He gets by with God given talent. Imagine if he was to hit the gym like say Luck or heck even Brady does? Maybe watch some tape and take what the D gives him? He could be pretty damn impressive.

You see guys like Luck and RG3 come into the league looking buff and just know they work their butt off in the gym to be as fit as possible. You see guys like Brady and Manning with that never ending desire to win the mental game through film study and reps on the field. You see guys like Wilson and Brees work so hard to overcome their physical limitations and make themselves champions. I just don't see the same passion from Ben. Sure he is a big tough guy who is hard to bring down and who has great footwork and inate pocket presence. But that is what comes natural to him. I want to see him develop what doesn't come natural. A better deep ball, better leadership, hitting receivers in stride, audibles. He is getting long in the tooth for him to suddenly get it. I don't have much hope. Maybe though.
+1. 100% agree with you.
2 years ago, I wrote that Ben was the fattest he's ever been and I almost got killed for it here. LOL
Some guys don't like when people criticize their hero.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plenewken For This Useful Post:
cowherpower (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #32
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Brees
RG3
Luck
Wilson
Manning

I would wager every team would take the above over Ben

Tannehill
Kaepernick
Cutler

three more that you could argue teams would take over Ben

Dalton
Rivers

maybe a few but I wouldn't.

I put Ben as a for sure top 15 QB with potential for top 5 if he would work harder at his craft. He needs to work within an offense. Prepare better and please go to the gym and actually try to make your body stronger and more fit. You'd think he'd hit the weights and try to improve those girly arms of his. That right there bothers me to no end. It proves to me he has no desire to make himself the best he can be. He gets by with God given talent. Imagine if he was to hit the gym like say Luck or heck even Brady does? Maybe watch some tape and take what the D gives him? He could be pretty damn impressive.

You see guys like Luck and RG3 come into the league looking buff and just know they work their butt off in the gym to be as fit as possible. You see guys like Brady and Manning with that never ending desire to win the mental game through film study and reps on the field. You see guys like Wilson and Brees work so hard to overcome their physical limitations and make themselves champions. I just don't see the same passion from Ben. Sure he is a big tough guy who is hard to bring down and who has great footwork and inate pocket presence. But that is what comes natural to him. I want to see him develop what doesn't come natural. A better deep ball, better leadership, hitting receivers in stride, audibles. He is getting long in the tooth for him to suddenly get it. I don't have much hope. Maybe though.
Fans with dumbass thoughts like this are the reason Bradshaw stayed away from Pittsburgh after he left.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #33
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
So you cherry pick the stats you want to believe in. Interesting,
No I don't.
I find evidence that contradicts what the general opinion is. Unless you prove me that this stat is doctored, you can only accept what it demonstrates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post

Never understood the not a fan of players. The current roster IS the Steelers, all you root for is the LOGO then. Hey I understand not liking some current players, but as long as they wear B&G I will be a fan of them on the field.
As for being fan of a player, I'm a Steelers fan. It's the team that I love and root for. I won't buy and wear a particular player's jersey, not my style.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
No I don't.
I find evidence that contradicts what the general opinion is. Unless you prove me that this stat is doctored, you can only accept what it demonstrates.
Translation: I make up my own shit because I always love to bash the star QB for what he does wrong but never praise him for all he's done for the team.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #35
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I think this year proved that Ben is a questionable leader and likely still doesn't take his job seriously as he should. I think the issue with the offense isn't merely OC, he's just as much a part of the problem with the Offense as everyone else is.

We called for better playcalling, and more no-huddle, and we were rewarded with a Pick 6 that ultimately lost the game, then from here on out he was terrible. It was profoundly unbelieveable how awful he was yesterday in a must-win game. Just play decently and we're alright, but he was so ill-prepared and unable to do anything.

It's quite apparent that Ben is way too lazy to build an offense around, when he still wants to do the sandlot bullshit. He's a good QB, but he's not in Brady-Manning-Brees-Rodgers territory. Guys who aspire to be the best week in and week out and are their own OC's. Ben seems to be satisfied being "good enough". He has bad chemistry with his WR's, and 8 years in the league and this guy is still stuck on looking down at his wrist for what play to run next. He doesn't take command of the Offense and has questionable situational field awareness. On that disaster in the Red Zone, Ben could've run for the first down or even a TD, but his greediness and bad decision making paid off for the worst as he threw an incomplete knuckleball in an attempt to pad his fantasy statistics.

I believe it's time to say goodbye to this "Let Ben be Ben" garbage and go back to 2004/2005, or better yet what worked earlier this year. Let the guy manage the game and rebuild a running game. Ben's not the kind of QB to build a passing offense around when he's proven to be mediocre or downright incapable of running it effectively without some kind of leash. The coaches have to plan for him because he doesn't appear to be capable of putting the leash on himself.

His recent little pity-party for sympathy doesn't do any good. Hey, Ben. How about making an effort to get your teammates and your offense on page with you, instead of heaping all of the blame on yourself for whatever goes wrong? It's all apart of some intricate 'Superman' complex. Ben wants all the praise when he succeeds so he can say "It wasn't all me, we did this". When the offense fails, he'll happily blame himself, but doesn't make an effort to get his offense in line so they don't make the same mistake again.

Last edited by Edman; 12-24-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
cowherpower (12-24-2012), ZoneBlitzer (12-25-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #36
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I think this year proved that Ben is a questionable leader and likely still doesn't take his job seriously as he should. I think the issue with the offense isn't merely OC, he's just as much a part of the problem with the Offense as everyone else is.

We called for better playcalling, and more no-huddle, and we were rewarded with a Pick 6 that ultimately lost the game, then from here on out he was terrible. It was profoundly unbelieveable how awful he was yesterday in a must-win game. Just play decently and we're alright, but he was so ill-prepared and unable to do anything.

It's quite apparent that Ben is way too lazy to build an offense around, when he still wants to do the sandlot bullshit. He's a good QB, but he's not in Brady-Manning-Brees-Rodgers territory. Guys who aspire to be the best week in and week out and are their own OC's. Ben seems to be satisfied being "good enough". He has bad chemistry with his WR's, and 8 years in the league and this guy is still stuck on looking down at his wrist for what play to run next. He doesn't take command of the Offense and has questionable situational field awareness. On that disaster in the Red Zone, Ben could've run for the first down or even a TD, but his greediness and bad decision making paid off for the worst as he threw a knuckleball in an attempt to pad his statistics.

I believe it's time to say goodbye to this "Let Ben be Ben" garbage and go back to 2004/2005, or better yet what worked earlier this year. Let the guy manage the game and rebuild a running game. Ben's not the kind of QB to build an offense around when
Ah the stupidity continues.....

You don't dump the 2x super bowl winning QB for the OC who hasn't won anything in his career.

You yinzers must be really happy, you get to blame Ben for the bad game that eliminated the Steelers for the playoffs. Guess what, a few bad throws don't mean he's the problem with the team. I believe it's time Art Rooney stops pretending he knows about football and lets the football people handle it. I also believe dumb yinzers need to remember what happened after they chased Bradshaw out of town.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #37
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
It's not only the INT, it's numerous under throws or over throws. I'm not saying the blame lies only on Ben's shoulders, but when Wallace or Brown have to stop running (or worse, go back) to catch a pass, their speed means sh*t.
Ben has never been an accurate passer, so let's design plays that leverage his strengths not his weaknesses.
LOL, fear of compound words. I wonder if there's a name for that phobia, but it seems to be everywhere these days. Or should I say every where? Oh well, "what ever."

Oh, and you don't know what you're talking about, because Ben has always been one of the most accurate passers in the NFL, year in and year out.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #38
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

Never take his advice on strippers...
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #39
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Fans with dumbass thoughts like this are the reason Bradshaw stayed away from Pittsburgh after he left.
wow, what a bitch ass post.
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #40
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Ah the stupidity continues.....

You don't dump the 2x super bowl winning QB for the OC who hasn't won anything in his career.

You yinzers must be really happy, you get to blame Ben for the bad game that eliminated the Steelers for the playoffs. Guess what, a few bad throws don't mean he's the problem with the team. I believe it's time Art Rooney stops pretending he knows about football and lets the football people handle it. I also believe dumb yinzers need to remember what happened after they chased Bradshaw out of town.
man, who invited the asshat who thinks he's smarter than everyone and likes to criticize legit opinion sharing posts. I mean, God forbid we all don't bow down to Ben and his ineptitude of late. let's all be blind fanboys like this yahoo.
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote