Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256
Default Re: A Bit Confused Over The Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
The entire second half of the season the forum was swamped with people saying the Steelers don't deserve a playoff spot, or even that they don't want the Steelers in the playoffs. Now that we're eliminated, these people have their wish, yet they aren't happy. Instead they're mostly on here attacking fans who preferred to cheer for the team to win.

I don't really understand this mentality. You got the record you hoped for this season. Shouldn't you be celebrating this, since it's what you professed to want? Instead, just more bitching, but now aiming the hate at other fans.
maybe its because throughout tghe season when knowlegable fans point out deficiencies in this team they are label 'non fans' are told to 'root for another team' or that the 'sky isnt falling and those loses wont mean anything because will will get things going and make the playoffs'.
now that those observations come to fruition, those 'non fans' wnat to make it a point that they were right all along and now the 'real fans' want to pretend they didnt say those things.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sloppyjoe For This Useful Post:
cowherpower (12-25-2012), steve314 (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Yes and all you realists think we should keep 1-2 players and start completely over, fire all the staff and sell the team lol. I also remember you all saying Lebeau should be fired, oh wait we ended with the #1 Def in the league. But being the whiners you all are, we really werent #1. Look around the league, alot of top teams have bad seasons, this was ours, get over it. Just because i like to be optimistic doesnt mean i am happy with this seasons results or think we will dwell in the league cellar for years. We will be a contender again next season as we have a good core of talent like we always do.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #23
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556

Every team has to go through what we are about to go through. Aging players, bloated salaries, selfish players. It's the hangover from having a SB contender for years. Steelers usually are able to replenish and reload much quicker than most teams though.

Harrison, Hampton, Clark, Troy, Foote are all starters but on down side of their careers talent wise and production wise. Most likely Hampton and Foote need to be replaced. Do we have their replacements? McClendon looks promising, maybe T'Amu. Spence? Silvestor? Shouldn't Silvestor have taken it by now? Not a comforting thought. Who is pushing Troy or Clark? Anyone half the CB Ike is? Some here think so, I see some promise in Allen, but hot garbage everywhere else.

If DeCastro can be the stud we believe he can be, if Adams gets stronger and uses better technique and becomes above average starter, if Sanders can step up his game and take over for Wallace who is sure to leave...AND...we are able to draft at least one pro bowl player, whether a CB, RB, LT, LG, LB...I don't care which..then we have a decent shot at rebounding. A lot has to go right.
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #24
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Completely agree with disappointed sentiments. Sloppy play and some really bad coaching Mainly on decisions regarding Field Goals!!! Cost us this game and Tennessee!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #25
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

[YOUTUBE]Nnjkb4q6FKU[/YOUTUBE]
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
The entire second half of the season the forum was swamped with people saying the Steelers don't deserve a playoff spot, or even that they don't want the Steelers in the playoffs. Now that we're eliminated, these people have their wish, yet they aren't happy. Instead they're mostly on here attacking fans who preferred to cheer for the team to win.

I don't really understand this mentality. You got the record you hoped for this season. Shouldn't you be celebrating this, since it's what you professed to want? Instead, just more bitching, but now aiming the hate at other fans.
I think you're confused. Major league, bigtime, confused.

Just because the Steelers didn't deserve a playoff spot doesn't mean that we weren't hoping that they'd sneak in anyway. And accepting reality, analyzing weaknesses and suggesting changes isn't hate. Some of us actually watch the games and think hard about what we're seeing.

And hate isn't the same thing as having a different opinion than yours.

And who's "attacking fans" anyway? The fans didn't botch this season.

You're in La-La land buddy.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #27
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
I think you're confused. Major league, bigtime, confused.

Just because the Steelers didn't deserve a playoff spot doesn't mean that we weren't hoping that they'd sneak in anyway. And accepting reality, analyzing weaknesses and suggesting changes isn't hate. Some of us actually watch the games and think hard about what we're seeing.

And hate isn't the same thing as having a different opinion than yours.

And who's "attacking fans" anyway? The fans didn't botch this season.

You're in La-La land buddy.
Do you actually read these forums?

Quote:
This isn't the first time I haven't wanted to see them in the POs and it won't be the last.
Quote:
If they make the POs, yes they're a PO team, but in the AFC, that's not saying much. I never said they don't deserve to be there, I said I'd rather them not get there playing the ball that they're playing than to go one and done again.
Quote:
If the the steelers lose I get to be "member of the month" where you honor me with a post thanking me for my insightful and correct posts :) Deal?
That's just a few I remembered off the top of my head.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #28
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

This was a really good team that was torpedoed by absolutely way too many injuries. The players never got to stay on the field together enough to gel. Losing Ike is pretty much what sealed the deal. And now Heath is out with a torn ACL/MCL (read that somewhere). to make it even worse. Ben O'Donnell kept throwing the out routes that got intercepted at the worst possible times. Do those of you who hate O'Donnell now hate Ben just as bad because he railroaded us just as bad? I will still watch the last game despite the mess the last 6 weeks have been because the Steelers are my team and I never get tired of watching them. I don't hate the "I told you so, sky is falling" crowd. But the Steelers are what they are. Don't expect it to change much next year. Ben is what he is and that won't change no matter who the OC is.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #29
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Worried

Quote:

LOL, what a piece of work. Who's calling out fans who DARE to have a different opinion than you, different expectations, different outlooks? God forbid. I didn't see anyone celebrating the Steelers being out of the POs. Who the hell "hoped" for this record for the Steelers this season? I had them winning #7 at the beginning of the season. Seriously if fans have a different take than someone else on this site, well get out the cross, hammer and nails.

Were you at the game Sunday? Were you yelling and cheering the team on? Yeah, I was. Do you have season tickets? Have you been a diehard fan of the team since the 70s and stuck by them through any lean years? You don't have the right to question anyone. Everyone has the right to their feelings without being called out for them.

I noticed when you picked my quotes you conveniently left out my posts that stated I hoped they would prove me wrong and I would be the first one here shouting yay or the ones I posted that this is a down year for the Steelers, big deal, they happen. It's not the end of the world. Where are those posts? I wasn't on this board after the Steelers lost to Cincy. I didn't expect them to lose, I was certain they would win. They didn't. Not their year. I accepted that. Who the hell is celebrating? I'd rather them sit at home for the POs than play the way they played this season. And I'll say what I say any time they miss the playoffs "oh well, next year". Oooo, look out hell, here I come..,a Steelers fan who DARE to not think like some others. Get over yourself.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelerschik For This Useful Post:
plenewken (12-26-2012), steve314 (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #30
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
This was a really good team that was torpedoed by absolutely way too many injuries. The players never got to stay on the field together enough to gel. Losing Ike is pretty much what sealed the deal. And now Heath is out with a torn ACL/MCL (read that somewhere). to make it even worse. Ben O'Donnell kept throwing the out routes that got intercepted at the worst possible times. Do those of you who hate O'Donnell now hate Ben just as bad because he railroaded us just as bad? I will still watch the last game despite the mess the last 6 weeks have been because the Steelers are my team and I never get tired of watching them. I don't hate the "I told you so, sky is falling" crowd. But the Steelers are what they are. Don't expect it to change much next year. Ben is what he is and that won't change no matter who the OC is.
You cannot compare throwing away a SuperBowl against a heavily favored rival to what happened the past few Sundays in a down year. Bad comparison.