Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #41
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Big Ben Comebacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Only thing I wish for is that Ben grows up, genuinely takes responsibility, studies and practices his butt off to go to his next skill level. I wish that Manning wins the super bowl this year, and I wish that mike tomlin gains a set of balls, loses his heart and makes ruthless but necessary decisions to improve the team. I hope tomlin pushes all of our men so we don't give away 4 easy win games next season. I wish that we dominate average and sub average teams like a great team is supposed to. I wish that board members like you cab read criticism for once and accept that the majority of it is true, and not try to attack the poster cause he or she ain't a blind fan boy who can't admit that our team, is on the downside and changes must be made now before our team is in a full recession that will take a full decade of 8-8 seasons to recover from.

I also with you a merry X-Mas. Enjoy watching the Ravens in the playoffs again this seAson and not us, cause our team can't do wrong and are 100% perfect, starting from the grounds crew and all the way up to ownership.
Sorry, but a few bad throws don't make Ben the problem with this team, no matter how badly you want him to be the problem.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #42
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 1,786 Times in 844 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
9l

Ben > Peyton...... Lol! You are a fool. Congrats, you have written The most incorrect post I've ever read on this site.

Peyton never had a defense to bail him out if he couldn't carry the game on his own shoulders like hes been doing EVERY game his whole career. now that he has a defense watch out. Peyton dont need to extend plays with his legs because he is intelligent and reads defenses like a OC and gets rid of the ball exactly where it needs to be,
when it needs to be there. The man takes a season off from playing, re strengthens his damaged nerves, learns to get in sync with a new unit of receivers and is still deservedly going to the pro bowl, a TRUE NOMINEE for MVP and comeback player of the year. Let me repeat myself, You are a fool.

Only reason why Ben was in the pro bowl last season was because Peyton wasn't playing from injury.

Wanna talk about playing well in the playoffs? If Van Olhoffen didn't injure Palmer playing against us, we probably wouldn't even made it to the big game. Speaking of which, Go rewatch the Seahawks superbowl. Ben was embarrassing as a qb and weather you like it or not, was totally bailed out by the officials that game. Ben blew the superbowl against the packers too. Ben played desperate and like shit against the Broncos last session ad well.

If lebeau retires, wait and see Ben's win %, and below average td. Passes per season plummet, and when we are down 14 points at the end of the first quarter every week, watch Bens desperation, and lack of discipline get the best of him again. Int, punt punt, int, punt punt. Seriously. We will be in trouble if we lose our biggest strength.... Dick Lebeau. Ben better smarten up, and stop blaming Haley cause Ben's stuck in the past and doesn't want to learn and push himself to remain competitive....
Let me ask you this has Peyton ever had to play behind a line that Ben has? um No. Has Ben every had WRs like Peyton had(has)? No. (two can play this game)

and Peyton is only a regular season QB & be quiet about the defense bails out Ben yeah he has his games but there is alot of games where he had to bail out the defense & wasn't Ben a MVP candidate before he got hurt? I believe so, & btw Peyton has always choked in the playoffs look at his 4th quarter play from over the years its not that good(who cares if its all on his shoulder if he is so great)

Tbh Haley is the problem our offense is to predictable 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down pass...like really? cmon
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #43
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Sorry, but a few bad throws don't make Ben the problem with this team, no matter how badly you want him to be the problem.
I didn't say he was the ONLY problem. Mike tomlins shitty coaching. In game and preparedness. All of our young players on offense lack discipline. Besides Ben, None of the cowher players lack discipline cause they were coached the correct way during their time with cowher and it is hard wired into their brains to play like professionals. Having said that, Ben got lazy during the Giants game... Then got worst as the season went on. Ben threw 3 interceptions during last minute drives to win us games. two of them being pick 6's might I add. That's three games he is personally responsible for losing. Bulkshit fumbles, dropped catches, penalties, and special teams block in the back penalties killed us every game this season. How ling does it take Tomlin to fix day one mistakes that's been going on for 3 seasons now. Between tomlins poor coaching, and Ben's laziness to improve himself, that is why we will be 8-8 at best this year. I guarantee we struggle next week to win against the browns...... I guarantee it...
Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #44
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Let me ask you this has Peyton ever had to play behind a line that Ben has? um No. Has Ben every had WRs like Peyton had(has)? No. (two can play this game)

and Peyton is only a regular season QB & be quiet about the defense bails out Ben yeah he has his games but there is alot of games where he had to bail out the defense & wasn't Ben a MVP candidate before he got hurt? I believe so, & btw Peyton has always choked in the playoffs look at his 4th quarter play from over the years its not that good(who cares if its all on his shoulder if he is so great)

Tbh Haley is the problem our offense is to predictable 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down pass...like really? cmon
Blah blah blah blah, bens line blah blah blah. Peyton will never have issues with a line weather its good or not cause he knows how to manipulate a defense. Read blitzes and even better he knows how to throw a ball on target to a receiver who isn't running. Manning don't need 8 seconds every down to allow the players to forfeit their routes so they can scramble around to get WIDE open so Ben can hit the receiver. Don't you understand that? Ben ain't smart or good enough to throw a ball on time and on target to allow the play to unfold like its supposed to. I'm tired of hearing about the crying about the poor o line. It's not their fault Ben needs 7 seconds to find an open man. And open man for Peyton is 6 inches of seperation while moving. Ben don't have the skills to consistently throw completions like that. He is dumb and can't read defenses. That's why it takes him to 4 seconds on the play clock every down to hike the ball... He and you can blame Haley all you want, but Ben does have the ability to audible out of plays and into other ones. Rarely does it though cause he don't have the wits.

Yeah, like I posted in CAP LOCKS manning had a tumultuous off-season and is still a REAL CANDIDATE for MVP. In the eyes of fanboys like yourselves Ben may have been a."candidate" for MVP. You're a fool if you ever thought he would seriously be in the running. He throws half the amount of touchdowns as great qbs and the same if not more the amounts of Ints as average qbs. I must admit that Ben was on par for having his most efficient season and a possible legit pro bowl calibre season but he was never ever close to being a true MVP candidate.. You're a fool if you believed he was. He was playing the role of a game manager this season. Throw a td or maybe two every game, control the clock and limit turnovers. He did well for 6 games then his lazy ways took over and he turned Into shit.... Cost us 2 wins by making bad decisions and that costs us an appearance to the playoffs. MVP Baby!!!!!

P.S. Bens bailed out the defense ONE time in his career against the packers in 2009 I believe. Other than that..... He owes the defense 40+ game checks.
plenewken (12-25-2012), ZoneBlitzer (12-25-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #45
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Quote:
Blah blah blah blah, bens line blah blah blah. Peyton will never have issues with a line weather its good or not cause he knows how to manipulate a defense. Read blitzes and even better he knows how to throw a ball on target to a receiver who isn't running. Manning don't need 8 seconds every down to allow the players to forfeit their routes so they can scramble around to get WIDE open so Ben can hit the receiver. Don't you understand that? Ben ain't smart or good enough to throw a ball on time and on target to allow the play to unfold like its supposed to. I'm tired of hearing about the crying about the poor o line. It's not their fault Ben needs 7 seconds to find an open man. And open man for Peyton is 6 inches of seperation while moving. Ben don't have the skills to consistently throw completions like that. He is dumb and can't read defenses. That's why it takes him to 4 seconds on the play clock every down to hike the ball... He and you can blame Haley all you want, but Ben does have the ability to audible out of plays and into other ones. Rarely does it though cause he don't have the wits.

Yeah, like I posted in CAP LOCKS manning had a tumultuous off-season and is still a REAL CANDIDATE for MVP. In the eyes of fanboys like yourselves Ben may have been a."candidate" for MVP. You're a fool if you ever thought he would seriously be in the running. He throws half the amount of touchdowns as great qbs and the same if not more the amounts of Ints as average qbs. I must admit that Ben was on par for having his most efficient season and a possible legit pro bowl calibre season but he was never ever close to being a true MVP candidate.. You're a fool if you believed he was. He was playing the role of a game manager this season. Throw a td or maybe two every game, control the clock and limit turnovers. He did well for 6 games then his lazy ways took over and he turned Into shit.... Cost us 2 wins by making bad decisions and that costs us an appearance to the playoffs. MVP Baby!!!!!

P.S. Bens bailed out the defense ONE time in his career against the packers in 2009 I believe. Other than that..... He owes the defense 40+ game checks.
Saying Ben is not smart is beyond stupid, cause like I said he looked good before the injury and then he went downhill since he came back wonder why? maybe cause he has been running for his life since he got back, and just like any QB they would not be the same after missing a month of football, maybe he isn't fully healthy...who knows maybe you should jump on another teams bandwagon since Ben is dumb & cant win noting without his defense...

P:S Ben has bailed out the D plenty of times cause being clutch define's bailing out the D just saying

Last edited by BLACK_AND_YELLOW; 12-24-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #46
Stillers2012
Water Boy

Member Number: 24381

Don't blame Ben for the SB 45 loss. Blame Mendenhall. "Mr. It's only a game. I don't dwell on just one play." Mendenhall has no business playing for this team. It seems to mean nothing to him. In his first season he broke his shoulder early and needed Hines Ward to call him after a few games to start showing up. He felt he didn't need to be there if he wasn't playing. He also pulled the same stunt this year against S.D. Ben can only do so much and it's not like he gets Brady and Manning type protection from the officials.Take that protection from Brady and Manning and they are no better than above average.
Stillers2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #47
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

He only [QUOTE=BLACK_AND_YELLOW;1069913]Saying Ben is not smart is beyond stupid, cause like I said he looked good before the injury and then he went downhill since he came back wonder why? maybe cause he has been running for his life since he got back, and just like any of the top QBs they would not be the same after missing a month of football, maybe he isn't fully healthy...who knows maybe you should jump on another teams bandwagon since Ben is dumb & cant win noting without his defense...

P:S Ben has bailed out the D plenty of times cause being clutch define's bailing out the D just saying[/QUOTE

Just cause I see things objectively, doesn't make me a bandwagon fan.

If Ben knew how to audible, get a hot read, or simply throw the ball to a receiver when he makes his break, he wouldn't be running for his life. Also, during the Cincinnati game, Ben starts "running for his life" 2 seconds before pressure even cones his way. He's been playing like shit recently and it was noticeable BEFORE he missed time from an Injury. Wake up and smell the coffee. Bens mentally and physically lazy, he got lazy after a quarter of the season and it showed in his play.

Give Ben a break cause he missed 3 weeks........ That's your excuse? P. Manning missed over a year, had multiple surgeries, started on a new team with a new receiving corpse and he's STILL A TOP 3 QB IN THE LEAGUE. Because he knows what hard work is, and he has heart and discipline. The only thing that Manning don't have that Ben does is an ego.

Your argument is pathetic and is a reach at best. Ben let us down this year. And it wasn't cause he got injured. It's cause he got lazy....

Sorry to let ya down but Ben ain't clutch... So there go's your theory. Clutch ain't throwing two pick sixes on last minute drives. Clutch ain't throwing an interception to the Bengals during a tied game with 20 seconds left on the clock. Maybe you should re check your definition of "clutch" .......just saying.
plenewken (12-25-2012), ZoneBlitzer (12-25-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #48
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,043 Times in 550 Posts

Big Ben has never been a top 3 QB. He is a top 10 QB who goes up and down the top 4 thru 10 depending on the week. He is too inconsistent, not really a hard worker and has accountability issues. Arians was the blame for years yet he might win coach of the year as a fill in. Play calls are only as good as their execution. Tomlin had major issues controlling his team.
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
plenewken (12-25-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #49
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

[QUOTE=Millers the sh!t;1069938]He only
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Saying Ben is not smart is beyond stupid, cause like I said he looked good before the injury and then he went downhill since he came back wonder why? maybe cause he has been running for his life since he got back, and just like any of the top QBs they would not be the same after missing a month of football, maybe he isn't fully healthy...who knows maybe you should jump on another teams bandwagon since Ben is dumb & cant win noting without his defense...

P:S Ben has bailed out the D plenty of times cause being clutch define's bailing out the D just saying[/QUOTE

Just cause I see things objectively, doesn't make me a bandwagon fan.

If Ben knew how to audible, get a hot read, or simply throw the ball to a receiver when he makes his break, he wouldn't be running for his life. Also, during the Cincinnati game, Ben starts "running for his life" 2 seconds before pressure even cones his way. He's been playing like shit recently and it was noticeable BEFORE he missed time from an Injury. Wake up and smell the coffee. Bens mentally and physically lazy, he got lazy after a quarter of the season and it showed in his play.

Give Ben a break cause he missed 3 weeks........ That's your excuse? P. Manning missed over a year, had multiple surgeries, started on a new team with a new receiving corpse and he's STILL A TOP 3 QB IN THE LEAGUE. Because he knows what hard work is, and he has heart and discipline. The only thing that Manning don't have that Ben does is an ego.

Your argument is pathetic and is a reach at best. Ben let us down this year. And it wasn't cause he got injured. It's cause he got lazy....

Sorry to let ya down but Ben ain't clutch... So there go's your theory. Clutch ain't throwing two pick sixes on last minute drives. Clutch ain't throwing an interception to the Bengals during a tied game with 20 seconds left on the clock. Maybe you should re check your definition of "clutch" .......just saying.
How long did it take until Peyton got going again?

Just because the man struggled does not mean he is lazy, and are you saying Ben has no heart?? really?? do you need a helment? you just proved that if anybodys argument is pathetic its yours i'll tell you that

Not clutch? 29 total Comebacks/game-winning drives...thats not clutch? ok yeah im done talking to you, since you hardly know what your talking about since you're all over Peytons jock.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #50
JVip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24397
My Mood: Psychedelic

It seems to me that Ben needs to take football more serious. When was the last time you saw him looking at coverages on the sideline? He also created alot of friction with Haley that lead to this offense having no cohesion. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of blame to go around, but Ben should bear a good bit of it. He is the franchise qb throwing ints when we need points on the board. Our play calling has been terrible and the execution is even worse.
JVip is offline   Reply With Quote