Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #21
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,286 Times in 650 Posts
Default Re: So Harrison is allowed to criticize coaches?

What's right is right, doesn't matter who says it.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #22
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

QB versus LB. QB takes the limelight, every time. James makes the greatest defensive play in a Superbowl and Ben one ups him with a 4th quarter drive to win game, thats just the way things are. Like I said I have no problem with Ben calling out Haley, he should of done it man-to-man and not in the paper. Now James on the other hand was not calling out LeBeau, why should he, this defense played better than I expected and nearly everyone else. I feel he aimed his comment more at Haley and Tomlin. I am on record in these posts somewhere of saying that going into this year I felt the offense would struggle early and hopefully start to click around midseason. They did just that and when at 6-3 I felt they were on their way to a playoff berth and deep into the playoffs. I also was more worried about our defense going into this season, but with emergence of Lewis and improved DB play I was more than happy with our defense. I know they did not produce TOs like we would of liked, but I think they did great. Offense was out of sync since Ben went down and that even includes CBs win at Baltimore. Lucky to win even one of three Ben was out, Defense played outstanding those games. Do not see any real coaching changes but some real coaching attitudes need to be changed.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #23
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd&Greene View Post
Yes, the offense underachieved all year. You can't just list points that opposing teams scored as if the they're all on the defense. Not even counting turnovers, the offense set up a lot of points for the opposing team simply by being so inept. Turnovers, constant 3 and outs, squandering good field position, and giving the other team good field position all played apart in the scores that you just listed. Did you not watch the games in favor of just reading the stats? The defense played much better than the offense did this year. The defense overachieved while the offense underachieved.
Did you not understand a word that was said? Just reading stats? Jesus, read what was said. The Defense had great stats... but that is exactly what I was saying... Read much?

They both underachieved... they are 7-8. As was stated the DEFENSE overall played much better but they played just as bad at critical moments. Harrison said it correctly, both units were consistently inconsistent. Defensive did more but this is on the coaches... this team just didn't show up most of the time.
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #24
LLoyd&Greene
Water Boy

Member Number: 24665

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Did you not understand a word that was said? Just reading stats? Jesus, read what was said. The Defense had great stats... but that is exactly what I was saying... Read much?

They both underachieved... they are 7-8. As was stated the DEFENSE overall played much better but they played just as bad at critical moments. Harrison said it correctly, both units were consistently inconsistent. Defensive did more but this is on the coaches... this team just didn't show up most of the time.
You're wrong. Do you understand what that means? I read what you said clearly, it doesn't make sense. The defense didn't underachieve this year. With the injuries that they sustained, they overachieved to be as good as they have been this year. The defense showed up and played well for more than 4-5 games. I'm not saying that they've played perfectly, but they've played well enough for this team to have won the division. Yesterday's game was a critical moment. It was the most critical game of the season and what happened? You can come up here and say that they played just as bad as the offense did in critical moments but it's not true.
LLoyd&Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #25
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd&Greene View Post
You're wrong. Do you understand what that means? I read what you said clearly, it doesn't make sense. The defense didn't underachieve this year. With the injuries that they sustained, they overachieved to be as good as they have been this year. The defense showed up and played well for more than 4-5 games. I'm not saying that they've played perfectly, but they've played well enough for this team to have won the division. Yesterday's game was a critical moment. It was the most critical game of the season and what happened? You can come up here and say that they played just as bad as the offense did in critical moments but it's not true.
Yeah, I'm wrong:

Manning- 1st game after a year off: 31 points.
Incredible Raiders- 34 points
1st Team to give KC a lead? Steelers
San Diego- 34 points
Super Titans- 26 points (i think GB beat them 55-7?)

We've lost 5 games now when we've had the LEAD in the FOURTH QUARTER.

Shh....

This is a bad team. Defense had injuries? Yeah, the offense was a pillar of constitution...

Your wrong on most accounts but I'll agree again that the DEFENSE was the far better unit whatever that gets us : )
Old 12-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #26
Stillers2012
Water Boy

Member Number: 24381

This quote is being blown out of proportion. It's just Harrisonm saying "We all need to step it up." Isn't this better than point fingers at individuals? Nothing more than playerspeak. Vanilla comments that someone twists around.
Stillers2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #27
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers2012 View Post
This quote is being blown out of proportion. It's just Harrisonm saying "We all need to step it up." Isn't this better than point fingers at individuals? Nothing more than playerspeak. Vanilla comments that someone twists around.
Totally agree. The entire team needs to step it up but the coaches and talent evaluators need to do more. Way too many WTF moments...
Old 12-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #28
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

And since when don't coaches share blame for a loss? Especially after 3 in a row? Harrison just pointed to the elephant in the Steeler's locker room. No player ever blames coaches, but yet we know, the players know, and the fans know they are responsible as well. Hell, Tomlin even said that the last three weeks in a row - yes?

They are to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Everyone crucified Ben for the comments after the Dallas game, but here's what Harrison said:

http://sulia.com/channel/cincinnati-...source=twitter

I expect several threads about how Harrison has an ego now.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #29
Rowland2110
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24418

I see nothing wrong with what he said suspecting a 7-9 season incoming. The truth is the truth and thats all it is.
We are not beating even the browns without heath and there is no reason to risk more injury playing for pride.
Rowland2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #30
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

does anyone besides mean see that the players arent happy with the coaching staff and there are internal problems?
ben says shit, harrison says shit and keisel says shit. 3 veteran players that know what it takes to win. they see its not happening and publicly voice their disapproval. if they are willing to go public, i have a feeling it is alot worse inside the lockeroom.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote