Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #41
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556
Default Re: Madden: Ben's at fault, but he's not the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Ben loved his old OC, so we fire Arians and then force a new OC on Ben that he really doesn't like.

Ben has requested on numerous occasions to let him run more no huddle, yet we hardly ever let him do it.

Ben has asked several times for a big WR target, we finally re-sign Plaxico but then put him on the inactive list.

we waste our time trying to establish the run with mediocre RBs behind a makeshift OL.

would it be such a bad idea to allow Ben to just be Ben and give him more input into this offense, isn't that why we gave him a $100 million contract?

Ben has some success at running no huddle. But I am not sure the smarts to do it at will. He just isn't.

Ben needs a Big target because he isn't that accurate. Don't see Brady complaining about Welker, Branch...or RG3 or Luck about their cast of characters..most shorter than our guys.

He is no longer deserving of that contract. Why do you think he isn't allowed to run things ala Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Luck, Manning, Romo. If he could do it they'd let him. Do you think they see him succeed at this in practice and in games and say "shut this down. we are scoring too many TD". Or...do they see how things ended in Dallas and are reluctant to trust him more.
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #42
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,967 Times in 1,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Fans with dumbass thoughts like this are the reason Bradshaw stayed away from Pittsburgh after he left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
wow, what a bitch ass post.
Lets keep it civil gentlemen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #43
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,098 Times in 570 Posts

When you are a 100 million dollar QB with two Super Bowls, going 7-9 on a very talented team is unacceptable. Bradshaw was a clown during his time. He acted like an immature child, just like Ben. That is why fans ragged on him.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #44
Rowland2110
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24418

I can rub my ego thinking i know football since i observed all of this this season like Madden did :)

To blame Ben is idiotic. The season was a failure losing to teams we had no business losing to long before we were mathematically eliminated .
Hell you should be happy its not the steelers that are going to get crushed in the playoffs like the bungles are.
Rowland2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #45
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
When you are a 100 million dollar QB with two Super Bowls, going 7-9 on a very talented team is unacceptable. Bradshaw was a clown during his time. He acted like an immature child, just like Ben. That is why fans ragged on him.
You cannot honestly compare what BR7 did and how Terry acted? You do remember Georgia?
Old 12-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #46
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
man, who invited the asshat who thinks he's smarter than everyone and likes to criticize legit opinion sharing posts. I mean, God forbid we all don't bow down to Ben and his ineptitude of late. let's all be blind fanboys like this yahoo.
Or better yet, we're being a bunch of spoiled brats and hsould be grateful and not criticize. We didn't create the high expectations on the Steelers, THEY DID. We'll just have to eat shit and like it. Sorry if 8-8 or 7-9 season doesn't fly.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #47
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Translation: I make up my own shit because I always love to bash the star QB for what he does wrong but never praise him for all he's done for the team.
If Ben was a rookie, I'd be ecstatic, but after 8 years, I'm sorry but the glass is 1/2 empty, not 1/2 full.

What he's done for the team in the past is history as far as I'm concerned. He's been paid for it, so I'm not going to pay him again. I expect him to continue to justify his status of franchise QB and his $100M contract and I only see glimpses of it.

Since 2008, he's been very inconsistent, makes terrible decisions at the worst time, doesn't look fit, almost never studies coverage pictures on the sideline, runs his mouth way too often.

Oh and I'll be nice, I won't mention his off-the-field shenanigans.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plenewken For This Useful Post:
cowherpower (12-25-2012), ZoneBlitzer (12-25-2012)
Old 12-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #48
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,008 Times in 4,256 Posts

Let's deal in facts, here.

Ben is 10 - 4 in postseason play, and has two Super Bowl rings and three appearances. Let's compare that to the other 'elite' quarterbacks in the NFL, shall we? Peyton is 9-10, Rodgers is 4-2, Brees is 5-4 and Eli is 8-3. Only Brady has a better postseason record than Benjamin right now and he has three rings which is telling. Sure, he doesn't play flashy or put up huge stats like those other guys, but he doesn't lose in the playoffs. He put this team on his back for the first half of the season and was single-handedly the reason why we were 6-3 and the hottest team in the NFL.

It's amazing what 7-8 will do to a franchise. One down year and we forget this is the same quarterback that brought us to three title games, winning two. This is the same guy that, since 2004, made us all believe we could win any game when he was at the helm.

Let's stop with the overreactions and freaking out, guys. One down season and we lose our minds - talk about being spoiled.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #49
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Let's deal in facts, here.

Ben is 10 - 4 in postseason play, and has two Super Bowl rings and three appearances. Let's compare that to the other 'elite' quarterbacks in the NFL, shall we? Peyton is 9-10, Rodgers is 4-2, Brees is 5-4 and Eli is 8-3. Only Brady has a better postseason record than Benjamin right now and he has three rings which is telling. Sure, he doesn't play flashy or put up huge stats like those other guys, but he doesn't lose in the playoffs. He put this team on his back for the first half of the season and was single-handedly the reason why we were 6-3 and the hottest team in the NFL.

It's amazing what 7-8 will do to a franchise. One down year and we forget this is the same quarterback that brought us to three title games, winning two. This is the same guy that, since 2004, made us all believe we could win any game when he was at the helm.

Let's stop with the overreactions and freaking out, guys. One down season and we lose our minds - talk about being spoiled.
True. But the Ben magic has been fading away since '08.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZoneBlitzer For This Useful Post:
plenewken (12-25-2012)
Old 12-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #50
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
True. But the Ben magic has been fading away since '08.
and as if Ben had anything to do with that SEA win. Maybe great against a pathetic D like Arizona. That performance put him in the discussion as maybe one of game's best. Since then he has been average. But at least we got two rings. I will take that anyday.
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote