Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,206 Times in 652 Posts
Default Re: An Argument for Tebow to join our beloved Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Rooney's are in the business of football not a circus.
Then why did we keep trotting out Leftwich and Batch as backup QB's?
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancoLambert For This Useful Post:
gloydfan (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #12
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,298 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
Then why did we keep trotting out Leftwich and Batch as backup QB's?
Not because they can possibly run some gimmick offense like the "wildcat"....which is actually a variation of the "single wing offense" that was run in the 1930's.

Should just see if Eric Crouch, Gino Toretta or Danny Weurfel is available. All other great college QB's that have the accuracy of Cleo Lemon.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #13
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan_67 View Post
I know that many of my fellow fans may not find the proposition of Tim Tebow wearing a PGH Steelers Jersey very appealing but a case could be made for it to happen. First I will say that I am a huge fan of Big Ben, As a player i have nothing but respect for him. He has worked hard for us, put his body and health on the line for our beloved steelers. But the sad truth is this, he is nearing the end of his shelf life. Physically his body can not take much more of the abuse it has suffered. With that said, I would like to make a case for our front office to look at picking up the young Tebow. While his skill has not been completely honed yet, I believe he would fit in nicely with our smash mouth, in your face bring it style of play. Under the tutelage of Big Ben, and our coaching staff he has the potential to be one of the best quarterbacks this team has seen. His size, agility, ability to scramble and prolong plays fits with our style of play. He has proven that if given the chance he can take a team all the way. If you strip away the mania which drives us all crazy, and look at his potential I think the rest of you will see the validity of this argument. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
I'm sorry, but this absurd post is a joke. No one in their right mind would suggest making Tebow a QB. Just look at the author's post count.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #14
SteelerEmpire
Head Coach

Member Number: 14355

It would be too much of a circus to have "both" Plaxico and Tebow on this team at the same time. Tebow has "potential" as a 2nd or 3td or 4th stringer, but that's it -only "potential" as his ability appears to have declined since his arrival in NY.
In addition, I think it would be a bad career move for Tebow to select the Steelers if called upon because the Steelers QB coach sucks to high heaven. Ben, Batch and Lefty's skills have declined under this QB coach. Dixon never improved under him.

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

I want him to join the Steelers. I believe that he can be a great FB and special team player. He can even be a good TE if everything goes right.

If it does happen, the team should shut down any QB talk and he shouldn't be listed on the QB depth chat.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
Ethan_67
Water Boy

Member Number: 24672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
I'm sorry, but this absurd post is a joke. No one in their right mind would suggest making Tebow a QB. Just look at the author's post count.
No the post was not a joke, it was a legitimate question for the forum. I have not posted a bunch of stuff because until now I did not see the need to post anything. It is my belief that the steelers could use a QB like Tebow and when I put aside what I don't like about him and his following, I see a hard charging player that will work hard and not give up. He knows he is not the best, hell, everyone knows he is not the best but what he lacks in refinement can be taught and honed over time. I am a huge Big Ben fan and his style of play at the QB position. Anytime you have a QB that has speed, agility and a decent arm with our offensive line it will always be a difficult day for the other team. Just because you do not agree with what I asked does not mean you have to be disrespectful. I thought it might be a good fit and still do to some extent given our current QB situation and there not really being another QB that we could bring in that would jell with our offense and style of play. Feel free to disagree but keep it civil. As for the other 99 percent of the replies. Thank you for your input and time.
Ethan_67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ethan_67 For This Useful Post:
Riddle_Of_Steel (12-27-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,206 Times in 652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
No one in their right mind could possibly consider bringing Leftwich or Batch back as an effective backup QB.
I think Tebow would be clearly better than both as a backup.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancoLambert For This Useful Post:
Ethan_67 (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #18
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937

lol stoopppppppp no one in Steeler Nation wants that joke in a Steelers uniform.
Justp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #19
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 4,273 Times in 1,714 Posts

To me, there is something about Tebow that is just "off." I don't know what it is, but I'm not buying his story, and I don't want him to be playing for the Steelers when it hits the fan. Something just isn't right.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #20
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
It is my belief that the steelers could use a QB like Tebow and when I put aside what I don't like about him and his following, I see a hard charging player that will work hard and not give up.
While some of those thigns you mention are definitely desirable traits, his 43% completion percentage during his thundering 7-4 win streak, is NOT.

Quote:
He knows he is not the best, hell, everyone knows he is not the best but what he lacks in refinement can be taught and honed over time.
Some things you cannot teach. Tebow lacks the talent needed to be an NFL QB. he cannot read a defense and his throws are terribly inaccurate.

He worked with a pitching and throwing coach this summer, and the results? His first pass this season was high and hung his TE out to dry and landed him on IR. The next attempt he missed an uncovered guy standing int eh endzone waving his hands at him.

Quote:
I am a huge Big Ben fan and his style of play at the QB position. Anytime you have a QB that has speed, agility and a decent arm with our offensive line it will always be a difficult day for the other team.
That's the thing-- Tebow doesn't have a "descent arm". He has a terrible arm. he threw his 3 most beautiful passes against us in the playoffs last year.