Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #121
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Fire Tomlin

Simply amazing.....Some Steeler fans are spoiled no doubt!
As i recall back during SB 43 when Harrison had the longest return in SB history i dont rememeber many askin for Tomlins head then. In fact i seen a few praise him for the effort that he prepared them for a play just like that in the event they would get a turn over.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #122
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Simply amazing.....Some Steeler fans are spoiled no doubt!
As i recall back during SB 43 when Harrison had the longest return in SB history i dont rememeber many askin for Tomlins head then. In fact i seen a few praise him for the effort that he prepared them for a play just like that in the event they would get a turn over.
Tomlin didnt prepare squat on that play. Harrison dropped back on his own because of homework HE had done. He was suppose to rush Warner on that play.

Tomlin is an ok coach, he isnt anything special. Tomlin to me is like Jon Gruden, his hype and mouth are bigger then their talent.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #123
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
who? no offense meant.
What the Raiders do has no relevance to common knowledge. Dennis Allen isnt even a pop warner coach. I have no idea how the hell that guy got a head coaching job in the NFL, oh wait, its the Raiders, never mind.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #124
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

Look did Tomlin make some mistakes yes he sure did but, it was not his fault on all of the TO's against the browns. Or giving up the leads in Oakland orgainst the Titians. Trying a 53 yard FG @ Heinze field not the best of choices. I did not like how he handled to RB situation as I know alot of you have mentioned. Tomlin should not be fired all we can to is reload for next year. Hopefully they can keep Ben healthy and, the defense as well. Let's face it too many injuries. No excuse just the truth.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #125
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
What the Raiders do has no relevance to common knowledge. Dennis Allen isnt even a pop warner coach. I have no idea how the hell that guy got a head coaching job in the NFL, oh wait, its the Raiders, never mind.
LOL...... pretty much. DA is in over his head. No one knows why he was even considered for HC. He needs to be gone..... I've seen enough.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #126
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Tomlin didnt prepare squat on that play. Harrison dropped back on his own because of homework HE had done. He was suppose to rush Warner on that play.

Tomlin is an ok coach, he isnt anything special. Tomlin to me is like Jon Gruden, his hype and mouth are bigger then their talent.
Yes.. the play was all Harrison we know that.....But the blockin for James on the play was practiced all week by Tomlin in the even they would get INT's.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #127
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Yes.. the play was all Harrison we know that.....But the blockin for James on the play was practiced all week by Tomlin in the even they would get INT's.
Agreed. Points for Tomlin on that one. He said he woke up in the middle of the night on that one too.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #128
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 6,930 Times in 3,010 Posts

Mike Tomlin is Not Getting Fired

Dec 27

Look, I’m just as disappointed as many of you are about the 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers. It was a season that offered some promise and at the very least another trip to the playoffs if nothing else. Those dreams crashed and burned with offensive ineptitude and a defense that couldn’t create enough big plays.

There will be and is lots of blame to go around and I know this will upset some of you but Mike Tomlin is not getting fired. Did he have a poor season? Well, that’s like asking if the Rooney Family is Irish. Like players, coaches can have bad seasons too and Tomlin certainly falls in to that category.

Those of you calling for him to be sent packing must be forgetting that you root for the Pittsburgh Steelers. This is a franchise that has had three, count’em THREE head coaches since 1969!! The Rooney Family does not take kindly to knee jerk reactions and they won’t in this case either.

Do you realize how ridiculous we sound to other teams’ fans when we call for a guy who has been to two Super Bowls and is just 40 years old to be fired? Imagine being a Chargers’ fan or a Lions fan or for the love of God a Browns’ fan!! Look at some the crap they’ve had to endure over the years and maybe you’ll see things differently.

Does Tomlin have things to prove? Absolutely he does. He has to address the special teams’ issues and he must bring in a new offensive line coach. He’ll have some soul-searching to do when it comes to his coordinators but I see no changes there, sorry to disappoint many of you.

Perhaps the biggest thing Tomlin has to do is review his game-management failures. He has to realize that his personnel has changed since he took the team over and yet he still coaches as if these are the same players they once were. A head coach must adapt to his team and I think this is where Tomlin has failed.

He often fails to recognize the ability of Shaun Suisham who has had a fantastic season, yet the entire fan base knows he can’t be relied on for anything over 50 yards yet Tomlin still trots him out there. He must realize that this team is not built to hammer the ball straight-ahead on a long fourth and one. If you’re going to go for it at mid-field then you have to be more creative than what has been shown in recent years.

This will be a big off-season for Mike Tomlin. He will have to work with Kevin Colbert and salary cap guru Omar Khan to decide who goes and who stays. In their place, he must find players who can make an impact and that will be around for a few years.

Many of the Cowher-Era guys are on their way out if they haven’t left already so the pressure is on Tomlin to draft better than he has in the past and find free agents who can contribute at a fair wage.

No, Mike Tomlin is not going anywhere but I do believe he will be in serious trouble if this team does not make the playoffs next year. The Rooney’s are patient but they understand this isn’t the 70′s or 80′s anymore and the fans’ voice is stronger than ever. Steelers’ Nation has high expectations and no one knows that more than Tomlin.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...fired/12518404
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #129
Barry H
Water Boy

Member Number: 24682

It seems we're always looking up at the Ravens. And the one game when we did beat them (barely, with a last-second field goal), Tomlin didn't even have the class and professionalism to shake Harbaugh's hand.
We just have an inferiority complex toward the Ravens, and it's driving me nuts.
Barry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #130
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry H View Post
It seems we're always looking up at the Ravens. And the one game when we did beat them (barely, with a last-second field goal), Tomlin didn't even have the class and professionalism to shake Harbaugh's hand.
We just have an inferiority complex toward the Ravens, and it's driving me nuts.
Huh? Harbaugh is a class A douche. That's why Tomlin shit on him. Not because the (bleep) Ravens are in any way making the Steelers inferior to them.