Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586
Default So... Draft

Pretty obvious now we need a running back. At this point I think Wallace is probably gone too unless something changes. Since Heath tore his ACL we may finally get to see what Ta'amu can do if he gets promoted from the practice squad. Obviously he must have shown something to not get cut after the run in with the law.

So this is my mock off the top of my head.

1. Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
2. Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M
3. Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
4. Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
5. D.J. Swearinger, S/ILB, South Carolina
6. Tarvarres King, WR, Georgia
7. Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
cbrunn
Team Captain

Member Number: 23984
Default Re: So... Draft

I like Rhodes but not where we will be drafting now ...

I like Porter

Love Rambo

Franklin is a fumbling machine if I remember correctly ... I would rather Kenjon Barner in the 4th if take RB
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrunn For This Useful Post:
Steel Glory (12-27-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586

Barner would be great in the 4th if he's there. Most likely not though, the running back class is pretty weak so he might be over drafted.
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,772 Times in 4,803 Posts

We absolutely have to be able to find talent beyond the first two or three rounds. If we look at the 2011 draft, we got Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen before grabbing Sherman. We had four legitimate shots at grabbing him, but missed on all counts. This falls on scouting and Colbert as the general manager for the inability to find talent beyond the first couple rounds.

We can't keep having only two guys in each draft work out and the rest were wasted picks because we're seeing the result of that right now.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

We haven't had a first round pick whose done much for the team since pouncey and even he's missed time. Hood has been less than spectacular. Heyward has not seen much playing time and decastro missed the entire year.basically. We have been coming up short in the draft ever since cowher left
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 3,322 Times in 1,435 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburhans View Post
We haven't had a first round pick whose done much for the team since pouncey and even he's missed time. Hood has been less than spectacular. Heyward has not seen much playing time and decastro missed the entire year.basically. We have been coming up short in the draft ever since cowher left
It's just our rookies never get no PT, Worilds is tied with Harrison in sacks(4) with limted PT, Cortez is looking like a future shutdown type of corner And Ziggy Hood hasn't played like a 1st rounder but he has been playing very good the last few weeks

And the 2012 draft class is looking good if they can stay on field, and stay out of trouble(Ta'amu).
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,772 Times in 4,803 Posts

Quote:
I want you to go and look at the first round picks Cowher had and tell me that he knew talent and how to take it in the first round. You're a good guy to talk to about the upcoming draft, but to have such a blanket statement is not only wrong, it's a little ignorant.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,706 Times in 10,416 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
I understand that the past few R1 picks have been triples (not home runs):

Timmons - decent pick
Mendenspin - eh
Hood - eh
Pouncey - home run
Heyward - inc
DD - home run

BUT... I do not see a Jamain Stephens in the bunch... nor a Troy Edwards.

And, Cowher had his share of "eh" players: Chad Scott, Charles Johnson, Deon Figures...
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

I know cowher had his share of bust as well and it's expected. Every player isn't going to be a pro bowler. Just seems like we have been coming up with the short end of the stick with our picks past the first round. Although like others have stated we have got a few gems like antonio brown and cortez allen. I just feel like this year is a very important draft for us to hit a home run
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote