Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #21
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: An Argument for Tebow to join our beloved Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
No one in their right mind could possibly consider bringing Leftwich or Batch back as an effective backup QB.
I think Tebow would be clearly better than both as a backup.
Batch has forgotten more about the QB position than Tebow ever thought he knew about it....
Old 12-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #22
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965

if it means we finally put that wide receiver screen play to bed then let's sign him.

how do they watch game film and see how bad that play is with the INTS, fumbles and negative yardage it causes and continue to run it game after game
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #23
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
He's such a good game manager that he won completing 2 passes in a game. The dude sucks its a joke that anyone would even consider. No team other then jax will go near him for a reason. He had the luckiest run ever where he did nothing, that run is over
For fucking real. I am so sick of hearing about Tim Tebow.

The reason why he did not push for more playing time with the Jets is obvious-- he knows that his legend would be over in a matter of weeks if he got the start at QB there.

In Denver, he took over a team that just lacked focus, but otherwise had all the pieces in place. They already had a great pass rush in Dumervil and Von Miller. They had a descent Oline and running game, and a good defense that was being wasted with Orton's even more lackluster play.

During Tebow's miraculous 7-4 win streak, he beat:

* 6-10 Dolphins

* 8-8 Raiders

* 7-9 Chiefs

* 8-8 Jets

* 8-8 Chargers

* 3-13 Vikings

* 8-8 Bears

...and most of those by about 3-7 points and a 43% completion percentage. besides us, the only other two valid contenders he went up against last year used Tebow for toilet paper. The Lions crushed the Broncos 45-10 and the Patriots in similar fashion.

Now, fast forward to the dumpster fire that is the Jets-Jets-Jets. They have no Oline. No receivers (can you name even a single Jet's receiver not named "Holmes"?). No runningbacks. And a tired defense.

If Tebow took over that mess, his "miracle" would come back to earth really quick, because there is nobody else on that team to cover for his poor play, which would leave him exposed as the fraud that he is.

Folks have him pegged as this selfless, altruistic, pillar of virtues. I see him as an opportunist that likes to toot his own horn far too much. Anyone can seem like a "nice guy" when they are succeeding.

Adversity is the real test of character. Tebow wants none of that in Jets land....
Old 12-30-2012, 03:26 AM   #24
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
No one in their right mind could possibly consider bringing Leftwich or Batch back as an effective backup QB.
I think Tebow would be clearly better than both as a backup.
What? Tebow can't even hit WRs in practice. Do you remember Kordell? Tebow is a less accurate and slower version of Kordell. I am really having trouble understanding how you could possibly think Tebow would be an upgrade over Batch and Leftwich.

As for Batch and Leftwich, they should be let go.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:34 AM   #25
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan_67 View Post
No the post was not a joke, it was a legitimate question for the forum. I have not posted a bunch of stuff because until now I did not see the need to post anything. It is my belief that the steelers could use a QB like Tebow and when I put aside what I don't like about him and his following, I see a hard charging player that will work hard and not give up. He knows he is not the best, hell, everyone knows he is not the best but what he lacks in refinement can be taught and honed over time. I am a huge Big Ben fan and his style of play at the QB position. Anytime you have a QB that has speed, agility and a decent arm with our offensive line it will always be a difficult day for the other team. Just because you do not agree with what I asked does not mean you have to be disrespectful. I thought it might be a good fit and still do to some extent given our current QB situation and there not really being another QB that we could bring in that would jell with our offense and style of play. Feel free to disagree but keep it civil. As for the other 99 percent of the replies. Thank you for your input and time.
Quote:
what he lacks in refinement can be taught and honed over time
It will never happen. This is the same junk people said about Kordell.

I figured it had to be a joke. I mean come on...Tebow as a QB?

Quote:
that would jell with our offense and style of play
The Steelers offense contains passing plays. How is a QB, who cannot pass, going to fit into the Steelers offense?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #26
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Oh Lord, please NO.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #27
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,881 Times in 855 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post

During Tebow's miraculous 7-4 win streak, he beat:

* 6-10 Dolphins

* 8-8 Raiders

* 7-9 Chiefs

* 8-8 Jets

* 8-8 Chargers

* 3-13 Vikings

* 8-8 Bears
So he beat the teams he was supposed to beat? Sign him
Old 12-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #28
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

We're missing the whole boat, we cannot "afford>" a Tebow (believe it or not). or a Vick, or any ... other so-called "star" QB !

Nope, we need to sadly let go of Batch, Leftwich,..., and some other players, and bring in a new fresh "QB in the making".
Ben is gonna get seriously hurt, yet again, and again, and we need his future "REPLACEMENT", here and now,. We also need Ben to nuture/mentor him eventually too..

For example, an Alex Smith type ?, I dunno?, or atleast some kinda young "diamond in the rough" - so to speak.
Haley has to be given the reigns to shake this "Offense" up like a dirty dog. If not, then Tomlin will deserve what he gets - namely being a greedy powder-puff HC who just couldn't call up his guts when he should have. !

And if it ever comes to that point, ?, and I hope not, then history will reveal that Mike Tomlin got his "1" SB win, by riding on a PRE-BUILT SuperBowl Steelers' team. (namely, our LeBeau-built vaunted DEFENSE). !!!

It's gonna be as simple as that.

Last edited by Kanata-Steeler; 12-30-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #29
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
We're missing the whole boat, we cannot "afford>" a Tebow (believe it or not). or a Vick, or any ... other so-called "star" QB !

Nope, we need to sadly let go of Batch, Leftwich,..., and some other players, and bring in a new fresh "QB in the making".
Ben is gonna get seriously hurt, yet again, and again, and we need his future "REPLACEMENT", here and now,. We also need Ben to nuture/mentor him eventually too..

For example, an Alex Smith type ?, I dunno?, or atleast some kinda young "diamond in the rough" - so to speak.
Haley has to be given the reigns to shake this "Offense" up like a dirty dog. If not, then Tomlin will deserve what he gets - namely being a greedy powder-puff HC who just couldn't call up his guts when he should have. !

And if it ever comes to that point, ?, and I hope not, then history will reveal that Mike Tomlin got his "1" SB win, by riding on a PRE-BUILT SuperBowl Steelers' team. (namely, our LeBeau-built vaunted DEFENSE). !!!

It's gonna be as simple as that.
"Haley given the reigns" now there is a scary thought!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #30
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
"Haley given the reigns" now there is a scary thought!!
I hope you realize I meant haley given the "reigns" -as Haley the OC, not Haley the HC. ?

Anyway, sry I got way off-topic here, so back to Tebow. ?
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote