Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts
Default Re: Who to draft in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Only thing I worry about Te'o is he might just be another ND player with alot hype and then becomes a bust....
Wont be a bust, but I dont get all the hype. He will likely be there at #14 and I think will last until around #20 or later.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #32
cowherpower
Banned

Member Number: 24556

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
Before drafting Ike and right after, Cowher didn't have a clue when it came to drafting a CB.

I'm hard on Tomlin just like the next man, but no one can argue that Tomlin's secondaries as a whole haven't been better than Cowher's. Even Gay turned out good last season.

The edge goes to Tomlin for drafting the secodary, wr's and Olinemen.
You lost me at Gay turned out good last year.

Let's not forget if not for injuries Chad Scott could have been really good. He had speed, athletic ability and coverage skills but injuries to knees prevented him from being close to what he could have been. I cant count even one db Tomlin has drafted that is any good. Not one. Have to say Tomlin did well with lucking out with Brown but Hines and Plax are better combo than Wallace Brown. Cowher's earlier lines were formidable. You can't say Tomlin has ever fielded a good line.
cowherpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #33
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
You lost me at Gay turned out good last year.

Let's not forget if not for injuries Chad Scott could have been really good. He had speed, athletic ability and coverage skills but injuries to knees prevented him from being close to what he could have been. I cant count even one db Tomlin has drafted that is any good. Not one. Have to say Tomlin did well with lucking out with Brown but Hines and Plax are better combo than Wallace Brown. Cowher's earlier lines were formidable. You can't say Tomlin has ever fielded a good line.
I agree on Chad Scott. I thought he turned out to have a pretty decent career after obliterating his knee.

Same for Deion Figures after he got shot in the knee.

They both showed some promise after their rookie years, and they both wound up with serious knee injuries just after.

For some reason everyone wants to criticize them and call them busts, completely forgetting what actually happened to their knees.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #34
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,145 Times in 3,919 Posts

I hope ARob gets some snaps tomorrow and if he plays up to his potential, we might not even need to go OLB in the first round. I can stress how important that is - if Adrian Robinson plays well tomorrow and makes enough noise, we can go S or ILB in the first round which would be absolutely huge. If he plays well tomorrow, it changes the entire dynamic of our draft this offseason. Let's hope he has a huge game and plays like he did in Latrobe and in the preseason.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #35
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,533 Times in 4,058 Posts
My Mood: Cool

after today's victory it looks like we will be drafting 17th overall. the last time the Steelers selected 17th was in 1994 when we picked WR Charles Johnson from Colorado.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #36
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,145 Times in 3,919 Posts

Drafting at 17 we should have our selection of who to pick in terms of a legitimate pass rusher opposite Woodley. Dion Jordan, CJ Mosley, Alex Okafor and Sam Montgomery might still be on the board at this time. If we wanted, we could also go Alec Ogletree to fill in at ILB with Timmons if Colbert and Tomlin aren't sold on Spence.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #37
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Only thing I worry about Te'o is he might just be another ND player with alot hype and then becomes a bust....
I don't think he will be a bust but he has a lot of improving to do. There's some plays where he is a non factor and the o line just eats him up and washes him out of the play. Needs to improve his handfighting when he gets to the league.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #38
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

We are definitely drafting 17th based on our win. I think we are set at CB if we resign Lewis. Ike, Lewis, Allen (our new turnover machine) and Brown are a pretty good quartet IMO. Unless someone falls to us I don't see us going that direction. Maybe the Safety from Texas to replace Troy in a couple of years but other than that I think we are good. I really think we need to grab a WR or a RB. Of course, you can make any argument you want for any position, even QB at this point as we need to groom one for the future but those 2 positions, to me, are weak. We are going to lose Wallace and probably, hopefully,Mendenhall. I think Spence sounded legit at ILB and Ogletree or Manti would be great but I think the other 2 positions are more pressing. Just my opinion.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #39
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Totally forgot to say TE! I love Heath but if we could get a 2nd "go-to" TE, I think our O would be damn near unstoppable. Dink and dunk baby!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #40
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,533 Times in 4,058 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
Totally forgot to say TE! I love Heath but if we could get a 2nd "go-to" TE, I think our O would be damn near unstoppable. Dink and dunk baby!
plus Heath will be coming back from a pretty major knee injury...