Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473
Default Re: 2013 starting line-up

Ike taylor is a great corner although he doesn't get picks he doesn't allow many plays his way. He had a rough stretch of getting penalties but he was pretty solid for us this year
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tburhans For This Useful Post:
Justp94 (12-29-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,428 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclkyle View Post
Ike Taylor is possibly the worst player in Steeler history.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BLACK_AND_YELLOW For This Useful Post:
Justp94 (12-29-2012), lloydwoodson (12-27-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #13
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

I have looked at Dion Jordan and if you watch him he constantly tries to play in space doing everything he can to go around blocks. I desperately hope he is not drafted by the Steelers. I do realize that with Harrison's decline and Woodley's playing like a little bitch- that OLB is a key area for the draft.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #14
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,716 Times in 4,783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I have looked at Dion Jordan and if you watch him he constantly tries to play in space doing everything he can to go around blocks. I desperately hope he is not drafted by the Steelers. I do realize that with Harrison's decline and Woodley's playing like a little bitch- that OLB is a key area for the draft.
You're going to have to elaborate. I've seen him play every single game this year and he uses his speed and arms to get around blocks. He's fast enough to get around even the best tackles in the NFL and he's agile enough to keep up with and bring down mobile quarterbacks. He doesn't have the strength to push tackles backward and force them on the ground, but he's fast enough to make this a non-issue.

He's not as strong as Aldon Smith, but he's faster and has a higher upside.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
stiller39
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4832

U can put Polamalu as the starter all you want but he'll not play for the entire season again... maybe not even a quarter of the season.... just saying
stiller39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Quote:
Ike Taylor is possibly the worst player in Steeler history.
You're a fucking idiot. I'm so sick of this shit from uneducated fans on this board.

Ike has made a ton of big plays for this defense over the past near-decade (strip sack of Sanchez in the 2010 AFC title game, interception in Super Bowl XL, another pick in the 2008 AFC championship game) and he's been our best corner for most of that time, on some very good defenses. Super Bowl winning defenses, and there have been a lot of games where he has locked down an opponent's number one receiver.

Who do you suggest we get to replace him, by the way? And for all the people here who complain that we show a lack of emotion, Ike is always fired up, getting in people's faces and talking trash. In the game of football, playing with that mean streak is very valuable and no one ever commends him for it.

He will be back next year, or else our secondary could be in trouble with Curtis Brown as our nickel back.

In closing, please, for the sake of all of our brains, never post here again.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LayingTheWoodley56 For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (12-27-2012), Justp94 (12-29-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
You're a fucking idiot. I'm so sick of this shit from uneducated fans on this board.

Ike has made a ton of big plays for this defense over the past near-decade (strip sack of Sanchez in the 2010 AFC title game, interception in Super Bowl XL, another pick in the 2008 AFC championship game) and he's been our best corner for most of that time, on some very good defenses. Super Bowl winning defenses, and there have been a lot of games where he has locked down an opponent's number one receiver.

Who do you suggest we get to replace him, by the way? And for all the people here who complain that we show a lack of emotion, Ike is always fired up, getting in people's faces and talking trash. In the game of football, playing with that mean streak is very valuable and no one ever commends him for it.

He will be back next year, or else our secondary could be in trouble with Curtis Brown as our nickel back.

couldnt have said it better myself!! The OP is such a duechbag!!!!!
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BIGNASTY91 For This Useful Post:
Justp94 (12-29-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #18
uclkyle
Water Boy

Member Number: 17560

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post

Soooo, let me get this straight, you like Ike Taylor because he talks a lot of trash and shows emotion. Why not bring back Greg Lloyd or Joey Porter. They show emotion. Any you can point to a strip sack or a nice pass break up here or there, doesn't mean the dude can play. I can point to countless dropped INTs and mention the fact that he cost us a playoff game and at least two games this year. The guy is awful. End of story......you fucking idiot.
uclkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #19
uclkyle
Water Boy

Member Number: 17560

[QUOTE=BIGNASTY91;1070676] couldnt have said it better myself!! The OP is such a duechbag!!!!![/QUO

You fucking inbred hillbilly.....the correct spelling is douchebag. Nice try though. Now go back to your double wide and try reading a book. You know, books, you read right to left, top to bottom. What a fuckin zero.
uclkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #20
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Helicopter2 Champion! Plupon Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

Quote:
Soooo, let me get this straight, you like Ike Taylor because he talks a lot of trash and shows emotion. Why not bring back Greg Lloyd or Joey Porter. They show emotion. Any you can point to a strip sack or a nice pass break up here or there, doesn't mean the dude can play. I can point to countless dropped INTs and mention the fact that he cost us a playoff game and at least two games this year. The guy is awful. End of story......you fucking idiot.
I think most Steelers fans would love to have porter or Lloyd on this team. You are fighting a losing battle on this one since you clearly are in the minority with your thoughts on Ike. He has been the best corner on defenses that have led the league in pass defense multiple times.

And just because other people don't agree with your opinions doesn't mean you have to cry about it and lash out. Discuss stuff with some integrity. Now go ahead and call me trailer trash and a fucking idiot too.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kent For This Useful Post:
Justp94 (12-29-2012)