Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-28-2012, 03:31 AM   #21
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Helicopter2 Champion! Plupon Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510
Default Re: No Heath or Ike this week we may be screwed.

You play to win the game. I would hope the players play with some heart after the last Cleveland game. Go Steelers.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:00 AM   #22
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,113 Times in 533 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

I understand not wanting us to lose. I can't really say I "want" us to lose, but at this point the only good thing that can come from this season is a relatively high draft pick, I don't really want to throw that chance away, especially since we're in that pool of 7-8, 8-7 teams where a win will put you in the 20's and loss could put you as high as 12-14.

And part of me will be pissed if this team shits the bed for 3 straight weeks and then shows up to play when it doesn't matter anymore. You couldn't win a single fucking game when it counted, don't come out and show some bullshit "heart" in the last game and act like you stuck through it to the end and put a positive spin on things. And I have a bad feeling that is exactly what is going to happen.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
steve314 (12-28-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 04:09 AM   #23
Rowland2110
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I guess I love my Steelers moreso than other fans, because honestly, I couldn't see myself NOT watching this game, or ANY Steelers game for that matter.

A season is too damn short, and i'll regret waiting until September to even get a peek at our squad again. There isn't a "meaningless" Steelers game in my eyes, so i'll definitely be tuning in on Sunday.

As for Heath and Ike: David Paulson, Cortez Allen. Two players i'm REALLY excited to see take the bigger roles this Sunday. I just hope our team plays with a little heart.
Its not the game its the season. Remember in 2005 when we knocked the bungles out of the playoffs the last regular season game?That was fun to watch and although the team didnt make the playoffs that season, it was because they just no longer had the tools. It wasnt from just PLAIN BEING BAD.

Im not going to watch this team lose to the browns. And i dont blame any fan who does the same.
Rowland2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #24
Rowland2110
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24418

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I understand not wanting us to lose. I can't really say I "want" us to lose, but at this point the only good thing that can come from this season is a relatively high draft pick, I don't really want to throw that chance away, especially since we're in that pool of 7-8, 8-7 teams where a win will put you in the 20's and loss could put you as high as 12-14.

And part of me will be pissed if this team shits the bed for 3 straight weeks and then shows up to play when it doesn't matter anymore. You couldn't win a single fucking game when it counted, don't come out and show some bullshit "heart" in the last game and act like you stuck through it to the end and put a positive spin on things. And I have a bad feeling that is exactly what is going to happen.
This. If they want to play for pride let the damn back ups play. After this season i think they are the only ones that have any.
Rowland2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:12 AM   #25
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
The question is can we tank harder than the Browns. Browns are 5-10 a loss for them could lock up a top 5 pick. We are going to have to be at our absolute worst on all levels. The standard is the standard and every man has to play well below it. This is going to require a complete team effort. No blade of grass can be defended. We need to be dead indians in Cleveland's cowboy movie. No excuses.
Finally Tomlin becomes a leader!
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #26
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

This could be a game of more than 8 turnovers, imagine if both teams were told to throw the game just for better draft picks.

Could end up a 0-0 tie.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #27
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Wallace decides to protect his investment, he's out too

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...-their-way-out
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #28
AgentGold007
Starter

Member Number: 20176
My Mood: Cool

People can talk all of the crap that they want about "tanking" the season for higher draft picks, but the bottom line is it will not happen. I don't believe there's a player or coach in the Steelers locker room saying to themselves "we're going to go out there and let the Brownstains win so we can draft someone who could potentially take my roster spot". I know it's been a pretty crappy season for the Steelers, but I believe the players on this team have a lot of pride and they are competitors, and I don't believe that they will purposely go out and lay down and die for anyone. That's not the Steelers that I've known and loved for the the past 30+ years. If we lose, we lose, so be it. But if we win, I don't see how that's a bad thing. We've managed to build a pretty consistently good football team throughout the years while drafting in the bottom half of the draft all of these years. Go Steelers!
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #29
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Weeden, McCoy, Richardson all ruled out for Browns

Thad Lewis will start in Pittsburgh, Shurmur announced.

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/sta...15808242929664
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
steve314
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15690

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
The question is can we tank harder than the Browns. Browns are 5-10 a loss for them could lock up a top 5 pick. We are going to have to be at our absolute worst on all levels. The standard is the standard and every man has to play well below it. This is going to require a complete team effort. No blade of grass can be defended. We need to be dead indians in Cleveland's cowboy movie. No excuses.
Well said! If you are going to tank, a good way to begin is to start your 3rd string QB.
steve314 is offline   Reply With Quote