Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #31
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552
Default Re: How to Reload - Not Rebuild - This Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Sorry Katana but your hatred of Ben has been obvious for some time and it clouds you opinion of him. All one has to do is read your past posts and they will draw the same conclusions. According to you Ben has not contributed to any of the Steeler success, yet is responsible for most of the shortcomings. For example you will constantly defend the defense even if they play poorly. just like last years playoff game. That was Ben's and the offenses fault, they should of scored more. Or how bout the collapse of 2009 when the defense could not hold a 4th quarter lead even after the offense scored to take the leads late in several games, (remember the GB game where Tomlin basically let them score so we could at least try to score late, he lost complete faith in the defense.) And now Batch is a better QB than Ben and he plays 2 games and has one dismal showing and has one great game, but overall 1TD and 4 INTs, and a QB rating of around 65. I cannot take your points serious since you so obviously spout them with a disdain for the Steeler QB. Now if you want to talk drafting for the future then I will agree but this fodder about benching Ben is crazy.
I didn't say "Bench", I said we need to start looking for a new Starter QB -slowly.
As far as I hate Ben?, that's crazy, I want Ben,..., to WIN for Steelers', who doesn't ?
But that didn't even come close to happening this year at all.

"Drafting For The Future" -Yes, and that DOES include the possibilty of a new QB starter in the mix, once we dump some old cannon-fodder.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #32
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
All I can say is Trolls will be Trolls and hometown haters are still haters.
thanks for pointing out the obvious. No Excuses there. But be careful of "Labels", they tend to stick to the "Labeler".
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #33
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

[QUOTE=Kanata-Steeler;1070921]1st off, thanks for the thread SteelersCan, and Hawaii, ....

But this talk of Ben have a few years left, inevitably Batch and Leftwich are bound to go real soon. Batch, as OLD as he is, played much BETTER than Ben did, all this past season.

Obviously we have the Running aND RECEIVING CORE TO DO IT !, SO, WHAT IS IT then???!!!

There is your quote about Batch. I left the other just to refute your idea that we have the Running game . We rushed for almost 500 yards less this year and as a team almost half a yard less per carry. What about any of that screams out we have the running. I must of missed when the QB was suppose to be blocking on those run plays. Maybe we do need a new QB someone like Vick or Newton who can contribute to the running game.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #34
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
thanks for pointing out the obvious. No Excuses there. But be careful of "Labels", they tend to stick to the "Labeler".
Wow back in the School Yard. "I am rubber you are Glue your words bounce off me and stick to you"
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #35
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Wallace, Mendenhall, Harrison and Hampton are going to be gone. Lewis will probably be over paid for a 1 year performance, so gone. It will hurt a little but we need to see the future now to avoid rebuilding and just reload!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote