Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213
Default Seriously, Tomlin? Why even play Ben...

Please sit all these injured players. Absolutely, NO reason for Ben to get more hurt, he hasn't looked good since his return and we are done for the year.

Even the Browns are starting their 3rd string QB.
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Seriously, Tomlin? Why even play Ben...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Please sit all these injured players. Absolutely, NO reason for Ben to get more hurt, he hasn't looked good since his return and we are done for the year.

Even the Browns are starting their 3rd string QB.
I think they have no choice. If Ben is still banged up then sit as with all injured players if healthy play em.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

tomlin is an idiot
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sloppyjoe For This Useful Post:
casteeler (12-28-2012), Terminator (12-29-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

It's not like we have a young backup QB we need to take a look at.

Ben is cleared to play and the last thing we need is to bench him after he blew 2 consecutive games with horrible interceptions. Do we really want him going into the offseason stewing on that? It could eat away at him all offseason and shake his confidence knowing that he helped cost us a playoff spot.

I'd much rather give him the ball again and give him a chance to redeem himself in the last game of the season against a division rival. Give him a chance to go out on a high note and get his confidence back.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
desertsteel (12-28-2012), SteelCity4Life (12-29-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

At this point we are playing for a better draft position (that's our playoffs!). All that a win accomplishes is moving us several spots on down the draft board! NO BEN PLEASE!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to austinfrench76 For This Useful Post:
FrancoLambert (12-28-2012), LambertWardSteel (12-28-2012), Terminator (12-29-2012), therocksteeler (12-30-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
It's not like we have a young backup QB we need to take a look at.

Ben is cleared to play and the last thing we need is to bench him after he blew 2 consecutive games with horrible interceptions. Do we really want him going into the offseason stewing on that? It could eat away at him all offseason and shake his confidence knowing that he helped cost us a playoff spot.

I'd much rather give him the ball again and give him a chance to redeem himself in the last game of the season against a division rival. Give him a chance to go out on a high note and get his confidence back.
Do you think how we end this game changes next year? Every year is a new beginning... We'll have a few different starters, etc. so it does not matter at all.

A high note? It's the Cleveland Browns... are you for real?

-We have a hurt offensive line that has given him some serious shots of the last few weeks. One that put him out.
-He is holding onto the ball too long, taking even more risk of a big shot
-He is visibly hurt. Did you see the way he was drilling the ball short on almost every throw. He is just off.
-Last week we had a Playoff spot. This week.... Rule #1- Don't get anybody hurt.
-Any kind of major shoulder/knee, etc. and he's out next year. Not worth it either way.
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

The NFL should fine any team that bench's players because they are out of it. The fans pay good money to watch these guys play and play they should!
desertsteel (12-28-2012), tony hipchest (12-28-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
The NFL should fine any team that bench's players because they are out of it. The fans pay good money to watch these guys play and play they should!
While I sympathize, I go to watch the Steelers, not just any one player.
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Do you think how we end this game changes next year? Every year is a new beginning... We'll have a few different starters, etc. so it does not matter at all.

A high note? It's the Cleveland Browns... are you for real?

-We have a hurt offensive line that has given him some serious shots of the last few weeks. One that put him out.
-He is holding onto the ball too long, taking even more risk of a big shot
-He is visibly hurt. Did you see the way he was drilling the ball short on almost every throw. He is just off.
-Last week we had a Playoff spot. This week.... Rule #1- Don't get anybody hurt.
-Any kind of major shoulder/knee, etc. and he's out next year. Not worth it either way.
All I said is that I would rather Ben be able to go out as a winner and not have his last memory of this season be 2 bad decisions that cost us the playoffs. Benching him now could hurt his confidence and maybe make him disgruntled.

To your points:

- So what's new? He's had a shaky o-line for the majority of his time here and taken more hits (and worse ones) than he has this year. His injury wasn't caused by a devastating hit, it was a fluke. This o-line has played better at times this season than at most points of Ben's tenure here.

- Once again, what's new? This has been a knock on Ben his entire career. I don't see him ever changing this style. He's stubborn and feels like he can make something out of nothing 100% of the time.

- Visibly hurt? I haven't seen him show any signs of being in pain since his return other than the occasional limp after a sack. I haven't seen him favor his shoulder or ribs at all since coming back. The injuries may be bothering him, but to say he is "visibly hurt" is false.

- "This week... Rule #1- Don't get anybody hurt."? Are you for real? That's a rule ANY week genius. A player can get hurt at any time any week. It's not like we need to save anyone for a playoff run. That's the only reason this comment would make any sense whatsoever.

- Same as above. A catastrophic injury can happen at any time and hopefully won't. I see no point in "saving guys for next year" against hypothetical serious injuries that could happen any time.

And, yes, it would be a high note to beat a long time division rival who beat us earlier this year. It's payback time. Did you even watch any of the games this year? I'm guessing no.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
SteelCity4Life (12-29-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Exactly. You play them because that is what they are paid to do. There is no next week and I don't think another loss is going to get them to the SB in 13.

Play to win the freakin game.if the players and coaches want to lay down then don't be disappointed if no one shows up.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lardlad For This Useful Post:
SteelCity4Life (12-29-2012)