Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cowher's Jaw View Post
He was looking pretty good until the injury so yeah..I'd say he's in his prime.
Yeah I'd say he was MVP until the injury. If not, he was top 3. The wheels came off after he came back. That's life sometimes. But to say that he, and Tomlin, are "KILLING THE FRANCHISE" is more than ridiculous IMO.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

When we drafted Ben back in 2004, the buzz around town was that one day he might lead the Steelers to a Super Bowl. After 25 years of not being in one, just the the thought of the Steelers actually playing in another one was almost too much to dream. The fact that Ben has led us to 3 Super Bowls, winning 2 of them was beyond our wildest dreams back in 2004.
He has the 2nd highest winning pct. in NFL playoff history, trailing only Bart Starr. Yet there is people actually saying that he should be benched so Charlie Batch or Byron Leftwich can take over?
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to torpedoshell31 For This Useful Post:
casteeler (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerJay View Post
maybe some of you don't watch the caliber of qb play in the rest of the league to understand what a poor job our qb did this year....not saying it's all his fault, definitely injuries and new OC contributed significantly to this season's demise

but if there's going to be that bravado of the 'standard is the standard' and that the Steelers simply reload every year, well one has to be able to take the criticism when it crashes
This is the second idiotic thing I've seen from you. Ben actually carried us through portions of the season and was playing at an extremely high level - perhaps the highest of his career - before his injury. People conveniently have forgotten that he may not have been fully healthy when he came back, and he still made some big plays. The disasterous interceptions and lack of late-game heroics do need to be cleaned up.

We're lucky to have him. Still.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
SteelerJay
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16041

maan...you folks are missing the point...the entire season's 'body of work' gets destroyed by these two stubborn individuals; no one is saying there will not be down years, but when you have the ingredients and opportunity to make something greater and you blow it in the manner that these did....it leaves a bad hangover
SteelerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
Bill Cowher's Jaw
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18472

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerJay View Post
maan...you folks are missing the point...the entire season's 'body of work' gets destroyed by these two stubborn individuals; no one is saying there will not be down years, but when you have the ingredients and opportunity to make something greater and you blow it in the manner that these did....it leaves a bad hangover
Yeah but ya don't have to whine about it.
Bill Cowher's Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #16
SteelerJay
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16041

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
This is the second idiotic thing I've seen from you. Ben actually carried us through portions of the season and was playing at an extremely high level - perhaps the highest of his career - before his injury. People conveniently have forgotten that he may not have been fully healthy when he came back, and he still made some big plays. The disasterous interceptions and lack of late-game heroics do need to be cleaned up.

We're lucky to have him. Still.
Hey, he's definitely the best we've had since Terry...but you made my point - he's having an MVP-type season, gets hurt, and both he and Tomlin figures he still gives the Steelers the best chance to win, regardless that the facts proved otherwise. Here's the deal...he's hurt, he cannot play up to the winning level BUT he's left in. Then when the season goes up in flames, all you brainiacs claim that's because he's hurt.

Tomlin and Ben have done this repeatedly...O'Donnell buried in our history for two boneheaded picks in SB; Ben's two picks this year in two games are no different
SteelerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #17
pittpete
Starter

Member Number: 5301

Old 12-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #18
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,723 Times in 4,788 Posts

I read the title and thought to myself "I wonder if this is going to be an incoherent babbling session from a fan that hasn't been through a tough season before and is going to be butthurt.". Needless to say, I was pretty spot on.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
teegre (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
zshelhamer
Water Boy

Member Number: 20060

You're right, I hate having Ben and Tomlin. I would rather have Sanchez and Ryan.

Or Fitzpatrick and Gailey.

Or Rivers and Turner.

We have one mediocre season and you think Ben and Tomlin are killing our franchise? We are LUCKY to have Ben and Tomlin.
zshelhamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #20
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,282 Times in 648 Posts

Ok, I think things are getting a little carried away now. What's next? Big Ben is Carson Palmer and Tomlin is Dennis Allen of the Steelers?
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote