Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #31
zshelhamer
Water Boy

Member Number: 20060
Default Re: If Not Tomlin then who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therocksteeler View Post
SCmom,
I What I do not feel is honorable is that Tomlin is quaoted in the article as pointing out Ben's key mistakes during games this year. Wow ...... Way to stand behind your players Mike.
[url]
I'm glad he did it. The point of a Head Coach and Leader is to get the most out of his players. By pointing out his mistakes, he is basically saying "OK Ben, you wanna take ownership and shoulder the blame for this year? Fine, here are the mistakes you made that cost us big. Do something about it."

Sure Tomlin made some questionable calls, but at least he was being aggressive and trying to win football games. I'm glad to have him as our Head Coach and I'm looking forward for him being here for years to come!
zshelhamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #32
rpbncb
Water Boy

Member Number: 24679

i'm not zshelhamer.
rpbncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #33
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

just about anybody could have been given that head coach position of the steelers in place of tomlin and been just as or more successful
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #34
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,589 Times in 998 Posts
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
just about anybody could have been given that head coach position of the steelers in place of tomlin and been just as or more successful
Really? Do you truly believe that someone such as a Chan Gailey, Norv Turner, or a Romeo Crennel could be as successful as Tomlin has been during his tenure with the Steelers?
Blacksburg Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #35
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
Really? Do you truly believe that someone such as a Chan Gailey, Norv Turner, or a Romeo Crennel could be as successful as Tomlin has been during his tenure with the Steelers?
easily.
do you think tomlin would have more wins if he was coaching KC this year compared to romeo? norv in SD?
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #36
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Quote:
Originally Posted by zshelhamer View Post
Bruce Arians for head coach. Just look what he did for the Colts. Imagine what he could do for our offense!
Yep! And if Bruce Arians fail to make the playoffs, you will be one of the first individuals on here yelling to fire him as well. Man, I'm glad the people on this site are fans, know everything except reality.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #37
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,589 Times in 998 Posts
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
easily.
do you think tomlin would have more wins if he was coaching KC this year compared to romeo? norv in SD?
I absolutely believe Tomlin would have a better record than those two if he was in one of their situations. I'm not saying Tomlin doesn't make mistakes, but he is still one of the better coaches in the league. Certainly better than Crennel or Turner.
Blacksburg Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #38
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Mike Tomlin isn't the problem; the problem lies with the players!! It starts with Big Ben, no, he isn't the only problem, but he is a problem. It's time people wake up and smell the roses; this guy wants to throw the football 60 times a game. If he can't, he complains, and his play on the field has revealed it this year. No, he isn't the only player that under-performed this year, but it starts with him. He constantly talks about being a leader, well its time he shows it. He doesn't have to like Todd Haley's system, but be a professional, study and perfect it. If it fails, then Haley is to blame. This guy thinks everything has to be about him, it's about the team, not number 7.

Mike Tomlin is to blame as well; he needs to stop being a friend and more of a coach and game manager during the game. I get so sick of this guy walking around as though he is in Wonderland, then if the team loses, he goes into his press conferences like he is pissed the (BLEEP) off, are you kidding me? He definitely deserves most of the blame, he is the Head Coach. However, he will not be fired people, the Steelers never panick; and lets not forget those three consecutive sub-par seasons Bill Cowher had as well.

LaMarr Woodley? Get your Fat A$$ in shape already, can you do that? Every since he signed that fat signing bonus, he can't stay in shape.

Ziggy Hood? This has got to be his last year, if he doesn't get it next year, cut ties with him. The same can be said for Cameron Heyward. Two former 1st round draft picks that have done absolutely nothing!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #39
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
I absolutely believe Tomlin would have a better record than those two if he was in one of their situations. I'm not saying Tomlin doesn't make mistakes, but he is still one of the better coaches in the league. Certainly better than Crennel or Turner.
I'm not so sure...Crennel sucks, but he took over a mess......Tomlin is very "Turner like " without the experience and a better personality.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #40
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
Here's the list of candidates I'd talk to:

Bill Cowher
Ken Whizenhunt
Dick Lebeau
Vic Fangio
Tom Clements
Keith Butler

I think every single one of these guys is more qualified to be a HC then Mike Tomlin... obviously the Rooney's don't look for experience..they look for personality. So not sure who else out there has that edge the Rooney's like..but I have to think there are plenty of candidates out there. That said, I wouldn't fire Tomlin this off season if I were the GM. I'd have a serious sit down with MIke... I'd make sure he realizes he needs to step it up...and I'd make sure he knows next year is do or die.

Huh! No Way, No How!!!!!! Forget about Cowher, get over him already, move on with your life dude. Ken Whizenhunt won with Dennis Green Players; he will always be a sufficient OC, never a good H.C. The only guy on that list I would even consisder would be Tom Clements, the Defensive Coordinator for the 49ers, if that is who I think it is.