Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: Seriously, Tomlin? Why even play Ben...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
It's not like we have a young backup QB we need to take a look at.

Ben is cleared to play and the last thing we need is to bench him after he blew 2 consecutive games with horrible interceptions. Do we really want him going into the offseason stewing on that? It could eat away at him all offseason and shake his confidence knowing that he helped cost us a playoff spot.

I'd much rather give him the ball again and give him a chance to redeem himself in the last game of the season against a division rival. Give him a chance to go out on a high note and get his confidence back.
Maybe, That's what Ben needs. Him healthy on the sidelines watching the third string qb play And an entire off season of him thinking about how he blew the season with his pathetic second half play. Maybe his ego needs a 6 month reality check that he ain't no stud and until he retires it ain't time to get lazy.
lloydwoodson (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #22
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Do we have a better chance winning with Ben at QB? I'm not so sure.... if you want that high draft pick then maybe starting Ben is the right decision.

Batch put his heart and sole on the line in his last start....we don't need any of that on Sunday. Next thing you know we'll win the damn game. So run Ben out there and I'm sure we can manage a couple turnovers while our QB goes through the motions..thinking of his wife and kid while in the huddle.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
Do we have a better chance winning with Ben at QB? I'm not so sure.... if you want that high draft pick then maybe starting Ben is the right decision.

Batch put his heart and sole on the line in his last start....we don't need any of that on Sunday. Next thing you know we'll win the damn game. So run Ben out there and I'm sure we can manage a couple turnovers while our QB goes through the motions..thinking of his wife and kid while in the huddle.
Are you forgetting Charlie's last game against the Browns? 3 picks and we never had the ball inside their 30 yard line, except for a PI call for Plaxico.
This year Ben has 23 TD passes and 8 int's. Charlie has one TD pass and 4 int's. And you think Charlie gives us a better chance to win?
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #24
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I would rather watch Charlie Batch win his last game as a Steeler on Sunday.

Ben isn't going to be shaken by this year you idiots. He is a complete meathead oblivious to negative criticism/failure - it is his best quality.
If I could "thank" this comment more than once, I Would.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #25
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Luckily, we have a great seer and wise man such as yourself to keep us straight.
Roehtlisberger threw 23 ints in 2006.

His next year was his best with 32 tds and 11 ints.

You expect me to believe your theory that Ben is going to be crippled emotionally because he threw the second fewest ints of his career?

Tomlin can do the classy thing and reward C Batch for his years of service and protect Roethlisberger from injury in a meaningless game at the same time.

Roethlisberger doesn't need more time with this offense - he was playing amazing at the BEGINNING of the season.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #26
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,614 Times in 1,629 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Seriously?

Before Ben's injury he was being hyped up as a candidate for league MVP.

After his injury, people want him off the team and question everything from his leadership to his fatherhood.

After Ben's injury, he never regained what he had before it. Four of his eight picks came after his injury, and his statistics EVERYWHERE went south.

Get a CLUE, people.

Ben's shoulder, while fully healed, will still cause discomfort while throwing the ball. That won't go away until a month after he throws his last football. Couple that with his bad decision making after sitting on the sidelines waiting for his rib to heal and you got exactly what you saw: An out of rhythm, sore and aggravated quarterback.

If we stay healthy like any other team in the NFL serious about winning a championship, we'd be fine, but that isn't the case.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
Ricco Suavez (12-29-2012), SteelCity4Life (12-29-2012), therocksteeler (12-30-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #27
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowland2110 View Post
This is BS. I dont care if you bought season tickets. There is no reason to put another human beings health at risk in a meaningless football game.
If you really want to get philosophical; aren't all the games meaningless in the grand scheme of things?
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neil-Still-Rules-14 For This Useful Post:
lardlad (12-29-2012), OakmontMan (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #28
OakmontMan
Water Boy

Member Number: 24685
Unhappy Re: Seriously, Tomlin? Why even play Ben...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
If you really want to get philosophical; aren't all the games meaningless in the grand scheme of things?
There are too many that take sports more seriously than planning for their future and paying attention to the important things in life. It's a great distraction but should be only that. Kills me that Tebow gets demonized and Ben is all forgiven. Steelers deserve better.
OakmontMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #29
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakmontMan View Post
There are too many that take sports more seriously than planning for their future and paying attention to the important things in life. It's a great distraction but should be only that. Kills me that Tebow gets demonized and Ben is all forgiven. Steelers deserve better.
Tebow gets demonized? I think you should try to play your "Delusions of Persecution" card elsewhere.

Tebow is the most popular guy in the media right now for doing....NOTHING. I have never seen a backup QB with the worst completion percentage in NFL history get so much attention for racking up a few wins against sub-par competition and doing some spotty commercials for God.

Everyone thinks Tebow is such a great guy-- but me personally? I think he toots his own horn far too much to exemplify the humble demeanor he advertises himself as having. Polamalu is a better example of how a Chsristian is supposed to live their life-- he does not have to use religion to make a spectacle out of himself.

Tebow is like any other celebrity-- egotistical and addicted to his own image. That's why he never pushed harder for playing time with the Jets- he knew is legendary status would be ddebunked if he had to start for a team that had no supporting cast to make up for his terrible play, like he had in Denver. He'd rather build the mysticism after-the-fact, of "how good could the Jets have been if they had started Timmy Tryhard", than to have actually been given the keys to that dumpster fire and been proven a fraud instead of "he just wins".

Look for the Tebow circus to join ranks with the Khan circus next year in Jacksonville (or whererever the Jaguars end up calling home).
Old 12-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #30
OakmontMan
Water Boy

Member Number: 24685

One of those subpar teams was us in the playoffs. Don't cry that we were hurt. We're always hurt. No more than other teams but boy does the fanbase act like we're the only one's with injuries.
OakmontMan is offline   Reply With Quote