Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #31
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Steelers Pro Bowlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Luck??? Luck?!?!?!?!?! Go watch some more ESPN.

The Colts made the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the league. They beat TWO good teams all year - the Packers and the Vikings.

Players with a 75 quarterback rating don't deserve to be in the Probowl - JUST SO YOU KNOW.

THIS JUST IN!!! MARK SANCHEZ HAD A HIGHER COMPLETION PCT THAN ANDREW LUCK!!!
He took a 3 win team to the playoffs as a rookie, with a new head coach and new OC...that alone makes him worthy. I understand he is not better than BR7 or a few others, yet.

Should Ben be a Pro Bowler for leading a playoff team to 7 or 8 wins? ( understand, i am a BR7 fan, but he is not worthy this year)
austinfrench76 (01-08-2013)
Old 12-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #32
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,331 Times in 3,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
He took a 3 win team to the playoffs as a rookie, with a new head coach and new OC...that alone makes him worthy. I understand he is not better than BR7 or a few others, yet.

Should Ben be a Pro Bowler for leading a playoff team to 7 or 8 wins? ( understand, i am a BR7 fan, but he is not worthy this year)
Have you ever sat down and watched him play? I mean, sat down and looked at his snaps, game decisions, managing a game, etc. If you have, you can't honestly sit there and tell me he deserves to be in the Pro Bowl - as big a farce as it is. How many times did Hilton and Wayne have to make circus catches in order to keep a drive alive? How many times did he have a good game and then follow it up with a truly horrendous effort? He looked and played like a rookie in most of their wins and all of their losses. Go back and look at the Patriots game - a team with a truly mediocre defense - and tell me that's a Pro Bowl worthy player this year.

I'm not saying he never will be, but he definitely wasn't this year. They went by stats and hype with this kid - not by what the film shows. One and done in the playoffs.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:29 AM   #33
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
the chiefs have a lot of talent on their roster, its mind boggling how they are dead last.
They never should have fired Todd Haley.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #34
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,980 Times in 4,272 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Steelers center Pouncey alone on All-Pro team

By Alan Robinson
Published: Saturday, January 12, 2013

Maurkice Pouncey is the second-team center on The Associated Press All-Pro team, the only Steelers player chosen following their 8-8 season.

Pouncey was the first-team center a season ago, when the Steelers went 12-4 and made the playoffs. He has made the team in all three of his NFL seasons; he also was a second-team selection in 2010.

This season, Max Unger of Seattle made first team.

Pouncey ended up beating out his own brother, Dolphins center Mike Pouncey, who had an outstanding season, for the second-team position.

Last season, Pouncey and Troy Polamalu both were first-team selections on the All-Pro team, which is voted on by a panel of 50 NFL writers, broadcasters and observers. Polamalu missed much of this season with a calf injury.

The Steelers were the only AFC North team with a lone player on the 2012 team.

The Ravens landed fullback Vonta Leach and kick returner Jacoby Jones on first team and guard Marshal Yanda and defensive lineman Haloti Ngata on second team. The Bengals place defensive lineman Geno Atkins on the first team and wide receiver A.J. Green on the second. The Browns had a pair of second-teamers, guard Joe Thomas and kicker Phil Dawson.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz2Ho6JDsKJ
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #35
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Have you ever sat down and watched him play? I mean, sat down and looked at his snaps, game decisions, managing a game, etc. If you have, you can't honestly sit there and tell me he deserves to be in the Pro Bowl - as big a farce as it is. How many times did Hilton and Wayne have to make circus catches in order to keep a drive alive? How many times did he have a good game and then follow it up with a truly horrendous effort? He looked and played like a rookie in most of their wins and all of their losses. Go back and look at the Patriots game - a team with a truly mediocre defense - and tell me that's a Pro Bowl worthy player this year.

I'm not saying he never will be, but he definitely wasn't this year. They went by stats and hype with this kid - not by what the film shows. One and done in the playoffs.
No,i never have watched Luck snap by snap, but i have watched Pouncey snap by snap and there is a bunch of over hype there.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #36
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

One question I must ask. If Luck was as average as you say, who was responsible for the team going from 2 or 3 wins to the playoffs ? Bruce Arians? Not much else changed.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #37
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
They never should have fired Todd Haley.
Joy we have Todd Haley and an offense that is worse than what it was with Bruce Arians
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 PM   #38
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Clark should have been a PB'er. Just sticking with the thread topic.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #39
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,980 Times in 4,272 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
Clark should have been a PB'er. Just sticking with the thread topic.
I actually think Ryan Clark was more deserving of playing in the Pro Bowl this year than Maurkice Pouncey...
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote