Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #101
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111
Default Re: Just Say No To Wallace

I see Wallace having a big game today, saw some pretty good chemistry brewing between him and Ben last week.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WVABE For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #102
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVABE View Post
I see Wallace having a big game today, saw some pretty good chemistry brewing between him and Ben last week.
Could be his last big important game with the team. Hope he has a great game.
ZoneBlitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #103
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
My Mood: Cheeky

Just say yes to drugs.....oh wait, wrong thread!

Nah, I agree with WVABE here - I think there's definitely a good chance here for him to really step up his game. The trajectory of his career may be riding on just how well he plays today, making this a particularly game for more than few reasons.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #104
Rowland2110
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24418

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Yup, because we won 3 Superbowls by magically knowing each and every play, each and every down, and then called the precise counter-play for maximum yardage, which every Patriot player knew intimidatingly, and we did this every 30 seconds, every single game, and this, of course, isn't delusional, illogical, irrational or asinine thinking at all.

Wallace gonna' love it here.
If your team wants a soft receiver that drops more balls than he catches, go at him.
Rowland2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #105
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Not that good? Keep smoking that crack then. Despite his shortcomings, he's STILL done better than the rest of the Loose Change Crew.

Yes, Brady and Manning have dealt with interchanging parts..... that actually have pedigree. If you replace Wallace with another deep threat, then you can get away with that. If you replace him with a practice squad scrub, get used to more bubble screens, because the Steelers won't be going down field much.
Replace Wallace with another WR with a 4.3+ 40 time. What else does Wallace bring?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #106
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
What else does Wallace bring?
I guess this is the million dol.......er.....16 million dollar question.
Steel Peon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #107
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Replace Wallace with another WR with a 4.3+ 40 time. What else does Wallace bring?
He did more than Sanders or Brown (the guy that actually got paid) this season, despite putting up below average numbers. To me, that says Wallace is not the biggest problem with this receiving core.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #108
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,811 Times in 4,820 Posts

I'll start by saying I should probably run Mike Wallace's fan club, but that being said, he hasn't earned a big payday so far. By so far, I mean throughout his career. People are bringing up the point that he can now run intermediate and underneath routes, but what did that bring him? 800 yards and change with a ton of dropped balls. That alone won't bring him the payday he wants from a legitimate contender, but I suppose a team like Miami that is sitting on 50 million in cap space wants to give Tannehill a deep option can snag him.

If he wants to win a Super Bowl, he'll stay here. If not and he wants to play for the cash, then it's goodbye. We don't want or need selfish players on this team and sadly, that's what he has become this last year. Besides, despite what the common theme is, this WR class isn't shallow or lackluster in talent - quite the opposite. Guys like Da'Rick Rogers have character concerns but is possibly the best receiver in this draft and we can get him in the third round. If we're willing to spend high picks on receivers, we could potentially end up with Robert Woods in the second round and Da'Rick Rogers in the third and have the youngest and most explosive WR core we've ever had.

There isn't reason to panic if he decides to leave because, ultimately, speed can be replaced. Woods and Rogers bring more than speed - they bring consistent hands that can make big catches when needed. I'll take that over blinding speed any day.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #109
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I'll start by saying I should probably run Mike Wallace's fan club, but that being said, he hasn't earned a big payday so far. By so far, I mean throughout his career. People are bringing up the point that he can now run intermediate and underneath routes, but what did that bring him? 800 yards and change with a ton of dropped balls. That alone won't bring him the payday he wants from a legitimate contender, but I suppose a team like Miami that is sitting on 50 million in cap space wants to give Tannehill a deep option can snag him.

If he wants to win a Super Bowl, he'll stay here. If not and he wants to play for the cash, then it's goodbye. We don't want or need selfish players on this team and sadly, that's what he has become this last year. Besides, despite what the common theme is, this WR class isn't shallow or lackluster in talent - quite the opposite. Guys like Da'Rick Rogers have character concerns but is possibly the best receiver in this draft and we can get him in the third round. If we're willing to spend high picks on receivers, we could potentially end up with Robert Woods in the second round and Da'Rick Rogers in the third and have the youngest and most explosive WR core we've ever had.

There isn't reason to panic if he decides to leave because, ultimately, speed can be replaced. Woods and Rogers bring more than speed - they bring consistent hands that can make big catches when needed. I'll take that over blinding speed any day.
I feel wallace is worth 8-9 million a year. To say he has done nothing to earn that is just insane. If he dosnt deserve that then what does Brown deserve? Wallace has much better stats and makes millions less then brown yet nobody says a word about him. I like Brown and Wallace together for the next 10.years but nobody can say Brown has earned that big contact yet. I think he can and I know wallace can earn his.
Like I always said, I would keep wallace for 9million a year, and any more I would let him walk. If he does leave we need a #1 or #2 wr that can start next year because we can't win all season with Cotchry, Sanders and Brown.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #110
LLoyd&Greene
Water Boy

Member Number: 24665

I would love to see Wallace back. Hate on him if you want, he's clearly the best receiver on the team.
LLoyd&Greene is offline   Reply With Quote