Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-29-2012, 02:53 AM   #61
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: TWO 1st Rd picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
It's amazing how one bad season turns everyone on their head coach and franchise quarterback. This is so ridiculous it's almost laughable. We're all freaking out after one bad season and calling for heads and we wonder why every other fanbase hates us? This is why. There are about 30 other teams that would love to have Ben and Tomlin as their qb/coach duo but instead of acknowledging what we have and counting our blessings, we're bitching about them.

Unreal guys. Un-freakin'-real.
You're right about Ben, but I'm not so sure that all those other teams would be jumping at the chance to have Tomlin. He seems like a fairly mediocre coach to me, and he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes - they're the same year after year.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #62
SteelCurtainCall
Water Boy

Member Number: 19966

I'm very unhappy about the way our entire team played this year; as a whole; but you say "only 5 to 7 teams would want the combo of BB/Tomlin"? There are only 3 teams that have went to the SB TWICE in the past few years; The steelers, the giants, and the patriots. There are teams that had great records that lost before they made it to the SB. The Pats went twice, and lost twice. They were undefeated going into the SB one year. It makes no difference how many games you win, if you don't get the big one. Brady has lost twice in a row; should NE send him and Bill packing?

Teams fight hard every year for one goal, and one goal only; to win the SB. Many GREAT players never even made it to the show, but BB has helped get our team there 3 times, and won 2 on them. As I said; I too am a spoiled steeler fan, who wants at least a 12 win season every year; but it just doesn't happen sometimes. We've got work to do; Serious work!! But I too, think Ben and the boys will get us back to the SB, and win it. Maybe this is what our team needed to shake them up. I hope so.

I wonder how Bills fans must have felt; they had some great teams, that just seemed to come apart in the SB games, but the fans stayed true to them, and I'm not denying that we need some changes, but I'll still take Ben as a QB that can lead a SB winning squad. He just has to revert back to some of his earlier ways.
SteelCurtainCall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #63
OakmontMan
Water Boy

Member Number: 24685

Hope he doesn't revert back to all his old ways.
OakmontMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #64
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakmontMan View Post
Hope he doesn't revert back to all his old ways.
You mean like the years we went to the Superbowl. God I miss those days of Ben and Arians.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #65
SteelCurtainCall
Water Boy

Member Number: 19966

Yes! I do mean his old ways; the ways in which he played a structured game at QB, but broke the pocket when protection broke down, and he gave the opposing D's fits. If he will again combine those two attributes; he'll be a terror again. So you may not want him to revert back to his "old" ways, but those "old" ways helped bring the Lombardi back to Pittburgh twice more.

Granted; for some reason Ben doesn't play his best in the SB, but he dang sure was, and will be, instrumental in getting us there. We praise these new rookie QB's this year, and rightfully so; they've had a stellar year; but it remains to be seen what follows. RGIII can't keep taking the hits he's taken this year, and Luck will not always come thru with those last minute victories game after game.

You take away just the 3 last minute victories the colts had, and they're right there with us. You win just 2 or 3 of those 3 point losses for us, and we're in, and someone else is out. I'll take Ben Rothlisburger any day of the week. He and all the other team members, and coaches just have to get back to the basics again. Ben WILL provide more winning moments for this franchise. You can count on it.
SteelCurtainCall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelCurtainCall For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #66
Stillers2012
Water Boy

Member Number: 24381

Whoever started this thread or agrees with this isn't a true Steeler fan but is truly an idiot.
Stillers2012 is offline   Reply With Quote