Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #11
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251
Default Re: Is wrong That I hate the Cheats more than the Rats

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
It's perfectly natural to become bitter and cynical and hateful after over a decade of having to watch Tom Brady shred your vaunted defense like nothing.
Does not change the fact that Brady(Precious) is smug SOB and, has not won crap since they stopped cheating. Oh let's see I remember last years game where your darling cheats lost in Pittsburgh. Yes I'm a hater of the pats and Precious and, if you think the Cheats are America's team you are dreaming. I don't see Pats fan take over away games like the steelers fans do. Not to mention when was the last hard schedule that your team had? Brady has the tuck rule, the no hitting Brady rule and, he he cries to the refs when someone gets in his grill.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #12
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Hate the Patriots cause they are the poster team, QB, and coach of Goddell's NFL. I am not a believer in most conspiracy theories, but the video (that lent no advantage but was filmed for several years for no reason at all), the fact that his former assistant coach turned him in (once again not a big deal ,so why turn him in), the first SB won after 9/11 by the PATRIOTS, The fact they won three SBs by a FG each where if there was even the slightest advantage in filming could of made a difference. Hines Ward post game (before it was even know about video) "its like they knew what we were running".The fact they beat us out of 1 maybe 2 trips to the SB. The "special " rules for their QB, and the fact that the video was destroyed and never made public, sure seems like a Tom Clancy novel to me.

PS I hate the Ravens like the plague, and the Patriots like plague carriers.
Oh, please. Nice conspiracy theory.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #13
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Oh, please. Nice conspiracy theory.
They didn't lose a draft pick and get fined for nothing. Even though details were covered up nicely, the league knew they had to submit some kind of punishment as there was enough info out there to make the wins and SB's look tainted. Whether or not the outcomes were affected or not, we'll never know for sure, so yeah they are a little tainted in my mind.
In the NFL, with 2 closely matched playoff caliber teams, it only takes 1 or 2 plays to swing the advantage one way or the other. Knowing the plays that were coming would certainly provide that advantage.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerchad For This Useful Post:
CanuckCurtain (01-11-2013)
Old 12-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Yeah I only hate the Pats when we can't beat them. After we shut them down in 2011 I didn't care anymore. I hate the rats whether we beat them or not.

And while I dislike Brady, I respect him and recognize him as the best in the game. Same with Belichick. Will never come close to saying that of Flaccid or Harbaugh.

And while it's fun to rag on them for Spygate, I really think it's overblown. It may have helped them a little bit but it was hardly the reason for their success.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
PATS16N0 (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Yeah I only hate the Pats when we can't beat them. After we shut them down in 2011 I didn't care anymore. I hate the rats whether we beat them or not.

And while I dislike Brady, I respect him and recognize him as the best in the game. Same with Belichick. Will never come close to saying that of Flaccid or Harbaugh.

And while it's fun to rag on them for Spygate, I really think it's overblown. It may have helped them a little bit but it was hardly the reason for their success.
Isn't that just it though? Every little advantage counts. Sure they were very good. They've likely had better, more dominant teams recently that didn't win it all. It's easy to get tripped up by a play or 2. But at some point during their 3 SB runs, does that little advantage give them a play to win a close game to keep the run going.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #16
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
They didn't lose a draft pick and get fined for nothing. Even though details were covered up nicely, the league knew they had to submit some kind of punishment as there was enough info out there to make the wins and SB's look tainted. Whether or not the outcomes were affected or not, we'll never know for sure, so yeah they are a little tainted in my mind.
In the NFL, with 2 closely matched playoff caliber teams, it only takes 1 or 2 plays to swing the advantage one way or the other. Knowing the plays that were coming would certainly provide that advantage.
Yes, they got fined for having an employee at Metlife taping a Jets practice.
Let me repeat that.

They were fined and penalized for having an employee taping a Jets practice. Patriots Employee. Jets Practice. Video camera.

They were not fined for cheating, or rigging three Superbowls, or rigging three entire seasons of A-grade football. If was used as a weapon by NY based media to drop the Patriots down a peg, and by overblowing the story, they turned a simple NFL rule infraction (let me repeat, NFL rule infraction, not NFL GAME rules) into some fantasy where all the Patriots Superbowls are tainted because the Patriots had secret insight into every play being called, every game, and called some rock-beats-scissors counter-play for it.

All teams were warned by the NFL the year before "Spygate" because all teams were doing it. Both Jimmy Johnson and Pittsburgh's own Bill Cowher have validated this.

The Patriots weren't taping the Jets because it helped the win games.

The Patriots were taping the Jets because Belichick is a master troll.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #17
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Just admit it.

Steeler fans hate the Patriots for the same reason Patriot fans hate the Giants.
We say it's because they flop on the field, fake injuries, and play dishonorable football, but it's really just because they've screwed us out of two Superbowls.

I know you.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #18
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,191 Times in 1,940 Posts

Quote:
Just admit it.

Steeler fans hate the Patriots for the same reason Patriot fans hate the Giants.
We say it's because they flop on the field, fake injuries, and play dishonorable football, but it's really just because they've screwed us out of two Superbowls.

I know you.
Pot meet kettle.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MACH1 For This Useful Post:
CanuckCurtain (01-11-2013)
Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #19
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

What bothers me about some of the pats fans I have talked have no idea who played QB before Brady & Drew Bledsoe. I real fan should know more about the history of their team. Even if it's bad.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #20
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Yes, they got fined for having an employee at Metlife taping a Jets practice.
Let me repeat that.

They were fined and penalized for having an employee taping a Jets practice. Patriots Employee. Jets Practice. Video camera.

They were not fined for cheating, or rigging three Superbowls, or rigging three entire seasons of A-grade football. If was used as a weapon by NY based media to drop the Patriots down a peg, and by overblowing the story, they turned a simple NFL rule infraction (let me repeat, NFL rule infraction, not NFL GAME rules) into some fantasy where all the Patriots Superbowls are tainted because the Patriots had secret insight into every play being called, every game, and called some rock-beats-scissors counter-play for it.

All teams were warned by the NFL the year before "Spygate" because all teams were doing it. Both Jimmy Johnson and Pittsburgh's own Bill Cowher have validated this.

The Patriots weren't taping the Jets because it helped the win games.

The Patriots were taping the Jets because Belichick is a master troll.
Here is the thing though. If all teams were warned, and if it was not a big deal, then answer me this, "Why continue to do so at the expense of getting caught?" Until you or any other Patriot fan convince me otherwise this little bit of common sense will always be the one question that I will think of.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote