Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #21
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

I can't argue with you GoFor7 - you are the biggest homer I have ever seen.

To say that Roethlisberger is better than Brees is a complete joke and strips you of all credibility.

Brees is a 2 time NFL Offensive POY.

Brees has back to back 40 td seasons.

Brees lost today - his offense put up 38 points; his defense allowed 44 points.

Brees had 8 games with more than 30 points. What do you think the Steelers record would be if they had a qb putting up 30 points per game?

Your argument is invalid.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lloydwoodson For This Useful Post:
sluggermatt15 (12-31-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #22
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I can't argue with you GoFor7 - you are the biggest homer I have ever seen.

To say that Roethlisberger is better than Brees is a complete joke and strips you of all credibility.

Brees is a 2 time NFL Offensive POY.

Brees has back to back 40 td seasons.

Brees lost today - his offense put up 38 points; his defense allowed 44 points.

Brees had 8 games with more than 30 points. What do you think the Steelers record would be if they had a qb putting up 30 points per game?

Your argument is invalid.
I figured you'd ignore my last post - that's okay.

I figure the Steelers would be better than 8-8 if the offense put up close to 30 per game. The problem is (and I keep explaining, but you're small mind won't comprehend) that the way the Steelers want to play in offense won't result in a lot of points. They want to be a defensive team. Their scared to death that if the offense scores points quickly that they'll get into a shootout.

But continue to ignore it, because then you wouldn't be able to bash Ben as much. In fact, I'll side with you now......

BOOOOOOOOOO! BEN STINKS! BOOOOOOOOO! da stillerz ain't need no stinkin' QB! da stillerz gunna run da ball and play defense and punch 'em in da mouth! don't need nun a dat sissy passin' stuff! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! da stillerz frum da 90's got it right! ain't need no stinkin' QB! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

da rooneys iz always right! Ben gotta hand off better! da runnin' game ain't working cause he ain't hand off good! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! git kerdell back in here n'at! keep haley! IT AIN'T MATTER WHAT BEN WON, CAUSE HALEY IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! ah am sick of all dese sissy passin' teams! ah don't want da stillers to score like dat! ah want 10-7 games frum now on! it ain't classy ta score too many points - in fact ah was screaming cause da stillers beat da brownies by more than 3 points! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #23
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I will say this trying to compare Ben to Peyton or Brady is not a fair comparison. Why you may ask? Simple, those two are not only the best right now they are in all likely hood two of the very best that ever played. Brady has more SBs than Peyton but had more of a defense during those SB winning years. To be fair Peytons only SB came the year Bob Sanders played and the defense played very well during their playoff run. Brees on the other hand is a stat machine, and while his defense did not rank high their lone SB they were more than opportunistic in creating turnovers, they lived on the defensive turnover that year.

Ben does not have to be Peyton or Brady (no one else is close right now), I hope he is not like Brees (were all the cap is spent on the offensive side of the ball thus weakening the defense) I want Ben to be allowed more freedom to play. After watching todays play calling I do not see how anyone can agree with Haleys current system. First two series for example. 1st play Pass for 8 yds, 2nd dive for 1, 3rd another dive for 0, punt. Second series run for 8, 2nd run for 1, and 3rd Ben nearly throws an INT after the edge rusher was nearly in his lap before he finished his dropback. I will even throw in the 3rd series, 1st play a 43 yd pass that is called back for holding, pass for 8, 2nd down a WTF play that lost 13 on an end around, 3rd down 12 yards and another punt. So on the first three series Ben is allowed to pass 3 times, 4 if you count the one called back and ran for 6 times and no first downs.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #24
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

I'm on a roll so I'm just going to keep posting.

If I am the last person to post on any thread then reason has prevailed.

I am really loving the balanced NE offense I am watching. Brady and Manning's offenses have both put up 21 first half points for their teams. Lots of great execution on short passes and runs. Their hard work and attention to detail really shows. Clearly Manning and Brady have bought into their systems.

I wonder why Brady hasn't complained though? Clearly he shows the ability to be successful from the shotgun. I think he should complain to the media that there is not enough hurry-up.

There is no way that a qb as accomplished as Brady should be relegated to throwing screens to Woodhead, and garbage passes over the middle to Welker.

It blows my mind that he isn't speaking out to sports journalists week in and week out.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #25
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

For those wanting Ben to be a Peyton , Brady, Brees, or a Rodgers, not going to happen. While I believe Ben is good for the Steelers, QBs like those do not come along every draft. I am sorry if that means he sucks in some of your estimation. But Bens career numbers are as good as nearly any so-called elite QB in his first 9 years. I have already pulled up his numbers against Elway. I am sure that with only a few exceptions his numbers will be in line with nearly any QB. I know a lot of you are bitter, but just because you QB cannot pull out every close win does not make him a bad QB. I read that Ben gets too much credit, maybe so, but I have never thought he won games on his own, just that I felt he gave us the best chance to win. He deserves a fair share of the blame for this year, but I would like to remind everyone that he did have a lot to do with 2 SBs, whether it was the game its self, the playoff games preceding, or the season in general.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
Stillers2012 (12-31-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #26
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Brady likely doent complain because his RB and LIne can actually get 2 yds when needed. And the fact no one is allowed to hit him hard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
Stillers2012 (12-31-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #27
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Manning goes to Denver his first year and has the Broncos staring at the #1 Seed in the playoffs.

Tom Brady literally has no Offensive Coordinator. He's back in the postseason.

Drew Brees has the Saints Offense balling without their Head coach.

Aaron Rodgers has the Packers back in the playoffs.

"Elite" Ben Roethlisberger has a top-line Defense and he can't do better than an 8-8 season. How Elite is this guy honestly? He's had top line defenses to back him up his entire career. If the Steelers Defense can step up their game after struggling, how come our QB can't do likewise for the Offense? Rather the Offense DID improve, but Ben just couldn't say yes to a good thing and threw the season away.

This is the second season in a row he's thrown away by being a sandlot bonehead. Ben is good for the Steelers, but he's not Elite. Not until he shows a real determination to getting this team back to prominence after this disaster. He wants to be the man? Stop having seasons like this.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #28
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,388 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Manning goes to Denver his first year and has the Broncos staring at the #1 Seed in the playoffs.

Tom Brady literally has no Offensive Coordinator. He's back in the postseason.

Drew Brees has the Saints Offense balling without their Head coach. The problem is the Defense sucks. How good would the Saints be if they had the Steelers Defense?

Aaron Rodgers has the Packers back in the playoffs.

"Elite" Ben Roethlisberger has a top-line Defense and he can't do better than an 8-8 season. How Elite is this guy honestly? He's had top line defenses to back him up his entire career. If the Steelers Defense can step up their game after struggling, how come our QB can't do likewise for the Offense? Rather the Offense DID improve, but Ben just couldn't say yes to a good thing and threw the season away.

This is the second season in a row he's thrown away trying to be bigger than the team.
A "top line" defense that can't generate a turnover to save its life and has given up one critical 3rd down conversion after another for at least the last two seasons. How many turnovers, and in turn short fields has the Steelers defense given the offense the last two years? Not as many as all the "elite" QBs have gotten, that I can guarantee. Throw in shitty STs and you get an average starting position around your own ten yard line series after series, week after week. Throw in an acute and contagious case of fumblitis to boot and you get a season like this one.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #29
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

I can feel I'm on a roll. In fact, after this post I declare victory. Sorry dumb yinzers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post

I am really loving the balanced NE offense I am watching. Brady and Manning's offenses have both put up 21 first half points for their teams. Lots of great execution on short passes and runs. Their hard work and attention to detail really shows. Clearly Manning and Brady have bought into their systems.

I wonder why Brady hasn't complained though? Clearly he shows the ability to be successful from the shotgun. I think he should complain to the media that there is not enough hurry-up.
Because those QBs don't get play books rammed down their throats. Their owners aren't enamored with outdated football. They play to the strengths of their QBs. They emphasize scoring, while the Steelers just emphasize possession until the last two minutes. Pretty easy to buy into a system when it's built to your strength and not want a small-minded owner wants.

Quote:
There is no way that a qb as accomplished as Brady should be relegated to throwing screens to Woodhead, and garbage passes over the middle to Welker.

It blows my mind that he isn't speaking out to sports journalists week in and week out.
They actually aren't predictable, and they take shots down field more often than the Steelers.

Buddy, we get it. You're dumb. It's obvious my reasoning has prevailed and you're just in it to bash Ben. I understand you want to go back to 90's losing football because that's the style yinzers like you want - but it simply doesn't work.

In fact, I'll go a step further and say Brady and Manning would do worse in this offense than Ben ever would. The Steelers don't use no-huddle often because they are too worried about time of possession, and after failed RUTM and bubble screens on first and second downs, the QB would have to be mobile to bail the team out on 3rd and long most of the time. If Brady or Manning is your QB in that offense, start making funeral preparations.

I've already declared victory, but I'll keep posting anyways since reason always prevails!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoFor7 For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #30
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Ben is likely the 5th or 6th best QB in the league. He's not P. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, or Brees. But he's in the next tier. I'd put him 5th and Eli 6th. Eli had a bad year. Ben had a good year with a bad end of season.
Rivers used to be 7, but not any longer.
The next tier is Romo, Ryan, and with the 3 rookies all looking good maybe they will take over. But until they do it for 3 or 4 years in a row, they can wait their turn to get in the top 5. Cam Newton looked great last year, not so much this year. Ben has been a top 5 QB for most of his 9 seasons.

Lastly, he doesn't get a pass this year for us missing the playoffs. He sucked at the end of season and cost us a game or 2 that he used to find a way to win. He'll be back strong next year, I'm sure.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote